State of the game #4?

Hezip

Bioware,can we have the current state of the game? Its been about 6 months since your last ''State of the game''.

I'm sure many players,especially subscribers would like to know what they will deal with in the future of SWTOR and how many of us players are still around :)

Personally,I don't ask for much apart from:

-No. of current subs

-No. of Current Players

-What content can we expect in early 2014?

Sub count is important to everyone as it actually anwsers a lot of our questions.

Content in early 2014 is a big one to me, to break it down:

-A guild focused update? There is lots of improvement needed,let's not lie,this has been asked for since launch

-Approx. date on when Dread operations hit Nightmare mode, I'm mostly curious cause i want to know when i can craft 75/78 rated gear.

That is all I can think of for now, thanks for reading :cool:

~Hezip

Sub count doesn't mean squat. I really don't care, as long as they have enough to sustain the game... which they obviously do. A rough estimate of the total number of players would be more than sufficient information.

Yeah, I'd like to have some hints about what is coming up, too. But, as a guess, I'll go ahead and say:

New PvP maps (ground and space)

New Flashpoints

New Ops

New NiMs

New companion (CM or Mission)

That is all.

Sub count doesn't mean squat. I really don't care, as long as they have enough to sustain the game... which they obviously do. A rough estimate of the total number of players would be more than sufficient information.

Yeah, I'd like to have some hints about what is coming up, too. But, as a guess, I'll go ahead and say:

New PvP maps (ground and space)

New Flashpoints

New Ops

New NiMs

New companion (CM or Mission)

That is all.

Well we know for a fact that there is a new huttball map in the works, as well as a FP that will coincide with the new GS game...but that's it.

Sub count is important to everyone as it actually anwsers a lot of our questions.
Important to investors because it's real money to them; and important to the media because they are paid to dig up size comparison dirt they can publish and comment on. It's only important to a gamer if the gamer relies on sub numbers to determine which game they will play. The gamer who relies on sub count to make their game preference decisions for them may want to reconsider gaming as a hobby. The only question it answers is one of curiosity, which has been the death of many a feline. Edited by GalacticKegger

We get expansions. But instead of paying an additional $40 every 24 months for a large expansion (Pandaville wasn't much larger than RotHC), subscribers here pay $10 twice every 24 months for 4 smaller expansions that comprise roughly the same amount of content. Similar quantity over time, just half the price and it gets released incrementally.

I am not a defender of WoW, but you clearly didnt play anything from Pandaria. I hated the expansion and i only bought it a few months ago at a substancial price cut. I didnt stick around but the ammount of content i many times superior to what we got with RotHC. Specifically each one of the new areas are equivalent to Makeb. It also launched with several (5 i think) new dungeons and 2 new raids (RotHC launched with one) aswell as several warzones (i believe it was 3 new ones).

Its not even comparable you get about 7++ times more content than you did with RotHC.

Edited by Nemmar

I am not a defender of WoW, but you clearly didnt play anything from Pandaria. I hated the expansion and i only bought it a few months ago at a substancial price cut. I didnt stick around but the ammount of content i many times superior to what we got with RotHC. Specifically each one of the new areas are equivalent to Makeb. It also launched with several (5 i think) new dungeons and 2 new raids (RotHC launched with one) aswell as several warzones (i believe it was 3 new ones).

Its not even comparable you get about 7++ times more content than you did with RotHC.

My wife and I were gifted with a month sub from our old GM. We finished the Pandaren starting area (had to roll up a monk!) in about 3 hours, jumped on some 85s and quested for another 3 hours and made level 86 then took some lowbies out until it all started looking the same again. Even though we really miss our guildmates there we haven't gone back.

I think there were 6 new dungeons btw and they upgraded a couple of old ones. All I heard in vent was how they were cut from the Cataclysm mold ... short and fast.

You're absolutely correct in that I hadn't played everything in the Pandaria expansion. But I didn't find it that expansive from the air (the one thing I do miss from WoW is my stable of dragon mounts) compared to every floating island and instance on Makeb. I'm sure there will be new stuff added that expands the expansion. But for $40 (seen it for under $20 now) compared to what we got for $10 with and since Makeb? Nah ... I'm good.

Edited by GalacticKegger

My wife and I were gifted with a month sub from our old GM. We finished the Pandaren starting area (had to roll up a monk!) in about 3 hours, then jumped on some 85s and quested for another 3 hours and made level 86 until it all started looking the same again. Even though we really miss our guildmates there we haven't gone back.

I think there were 6 new dungeons and they upgraded a couple of old ones. All I heard in vent was how they were cut from the Cataclysm model ... short and fast.

You're absolutely correct in that I hadn't played everything in the Pandaria expansion. But I didn't find it that expansive from the air (the one thing I do miss from WoW is my stable of dragon mounts) compared to every floating island and instance on Makeb. I'm sure there will be new stuff added that expands the expansion. But for $40 (seen it for under $20 now) compared to what we got for $10 with and since Makeb? Nah ... I'm good.

Actually, they're not adding anything other than a medieval version of our spaceships. They call them 'garrisons' and they're instanced areas where they get to send NPCs on out to do things for them in real time.

Oh, and they're removing Flight at max level until they release their next big patch and then you get to get your Flying back by doing some long 'semi-epic' questline. But you won't be able to Fly in the new content, just the outdated content.

They call it 'immersion' or some such.

Actually, they're not adding anything other than a medieval version of our spaceships. They call them 'garrisons' and they're instanced areas where they get to send NPCs on out to do things for them in real time.

Oh, and they're removing Flight at max level until they release their next big patch and then you get to get your Flying back by doing some long 'semi-epic' questline. But you won't be able to Fly in the new content, just the outdated content.

They call it 'immersion' or some such.

Commandable NPCs eh? Like TOR? Or more like the old GW lineup of meatheads? That's funny. I remember the epic questline grinds for AQ, Onyxia's Lair and both Warlock & Pally mounts ... only to see them nixed in later expansions. That really pissed my wife off because it took us months to gear up enough to get in with the server gate keeper.

Almost sounds like they're un-nerfing a core aspect of the game's custom travel system. You mean I wouldn't be able to use my flying mounts until the next patch and only after completing an extended quest chain? Maybe they 're trying to slow players down from blowing through PvE content so quickly.

I also noticed cross server leveling zones. Was really different seeing people with server designations during leveling.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Commandable NPCs eh? Like TOR? Or more like the old GW lineup of meatheads? That's funny. I remember the epic questline grinds for AQ, Onyxia's Lair and both Warlock & Pally mounts ... only to see them nixed in later expansions. That really pissed my wife off because it took us months to gear up enough to get in with the server gate keeper.

Almost sounds like they're un-nerfing a core aspect of the game's custom travel system. You mean I wouldn't be able to use my flying mounts until the next patch and only after completing an extended quest chain? Maybe they 're trying to slow players down from blowing through PvE content so quickly.

I also noticed cross server leveling zones. Was really different seeing people with server designations during leveling.

It's our companion system, just with nameless/faceless NPCs. And yes, you'd be locked out of Flying mounts in the expansion's content until their first big post-expansion patch and then you'd get a chance to do this questline to unlock your Flying in pre-patch content. In short, they're making to where you can't fly in current content ever again. Only outdated content. They say it's too hard to make zone content that incorporates Flying mounts.

It's our companion system, just with nameless/faceless NPCs. And yes, you'd be locked out of Flying mounts in the expansion's content until their first big post-expansion patch and then you'd get a chance to do this questline to unlock your Flying in pre-patch content. In short, they're making to where you can't fly in current content ever again. Only outdated content. They say it's too hard to make zone content that incorporates Flying mounts.
Literally and figuratively ... wow.

Literally and figuratively ... wow.

You can imagine the level of raging that resulted and continues even now. They're having a rough time of it over there. The last patch of the current expansion has been out for a few months now and they anticipate that they won't be adding anything new to the game for at least another six months. Then they get this news about Flying mounts and for all intents and purposes, the only thing new to their game is a cribbed 'companion system' that TOR does better, and to top it all off, they're doing a 'time travel' expansion. But they refuse to call it 'time travel' because of how many players will roll their eyes and laugh out loud at the unoriginal attempt at rehashing old content.

You can imagine the level of raging that resulted and continues even now. They're having a rough time of it over there. The last patch of the current expansion has been out for a few months now and they anticipate that they won't be adding anything new to the game for at least another six months. Then they get this news about Flying mounts and for all intents and purposes, the only thing new to their game is a cribbed 'companion system' that TOR does better, and to top it all off, they're doing a 'time travel' expansion. But they refuse to call it 'time travel' because of how many players will roll their eyes and laugh out loud at the unoriginal attempt at rehashing old content.
Maybe Project Titan is closer than we realize ... or maybe they're doing a StarCraft Online ... or a Diablo Online ... or a Skylander Online ... or maybe the gorilla is simply getting old ...

Personally I dont care much about the exact player numbers, but it would be nice to get the content release plans for the next year, and maybe the plans for the next expansion if there is any. Some kind of roadmap to see where the game content is going.