Ft-6 Pike Set up.

MystbladeWA

For a missile-boat Pike you need to go for lock-on reduction and firing arc increases that aren't so important on blaster-focussed ship. Your protons, in particular, hit hard but are tough to get a lock, so these both help.

For copilot ability I've gone with Bypass where I have Hydrospanner on my Star Guard - note that this may not necessarily be the best option, just what I'm currently trying. I'm not sure of it yet, check some others out. I don't want to get into a dogfight with the Pike because I want to stay at missile range so repairing constant attrition from dogfighting with Hydrospanner isn't as important - though I can finish people off with the blasters if I've managed to get a hit or two in with the protons or concussions. In this way it's a bit like a Gunship and less like a dogfighter, but a Gunship that can win a shootout if it gets sucked into one.

Note your protons have the range to nuke turrets without getting hit by them in return. Smacking someone who's distracted dogfighting someone else with them is also fun. They really hurt.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Here's what I use on mine :

Primary : quad cannons (default), seems like a very good all-rounder

Secondary : proton torpedoes & cluster missiles, for long & short range and because torpedoes bypass shields

Shields : directional shields, tougher than quick-charge and can last even longer if correctly redirected. Hopefully buy you time to lock on that last missile and finish up the enemy.

Engines : barrel roll, the default. As an escape tool it has the advantage of letting you aim where you're going to escape, it can also double up as a tool for pursuing a similarly equipped ship.

Armor : reinforced armor, I want my missile ship to be big, tough and impressive, so more health it is. :D Damage reduction provides slightly more benefit but can be bypassed by some weapons.

Capacitor : range (default). Didn't give it much thought, lasers are more of a secondary wepaon on this ship anyway (but important nonetheless)

Magazine : munitions capacity extender, obviously.

Thrusters : regeneration thrusters. Speed in combat doesn't matter that much on that ship IMO, but the regen thrusters mean you can use afterburners more often.

For the crew I use :

*Engineering : Yuun (reduced cost of using blasters and engines), means I can fire longer, afterburn for longer and use the barrel roll with fewer energy left

*Tactical : Elara Dorn (improved sensor range and focus), not trying to be sneaky here, just hunting down any enemies

*Defensive : M1-4X(improved DR and shield pool), like I said, I want it tough :p

*Offensive : Aric Jorgan (improved missile capacity, reload speed and cooldown time), obvious choice for a missile ship.

Copilot : 4X, (Bypass, increases shield piercing, for when I dont have time to lock on a torpedo and need to do some hull damag ethrough shields)

Edited by Loc_n_lol

Here's what I use on mine :

Primary : quad cannons (default), seems like a very good all-rounder

Secondary : proton torpedoes & cluster missiles, for long & short range and because torpedoes bypass shields

Shields : directional shields, tougher than quick-charge and can last even longer if correctly redirected. Hopefully buy you time to lock on that last missile and finish up the enemy.

Engines : barrel roll, the default. As an escape tool it has the advantage of letting you aim where you're going to escape, it can also double up as a tool for pursuing a similarly equipped ship.

Armor : reinforced armor, I want my missile ship to be big, tough and impressive, so more health it is. :D Damage reduction provides slightly more benefit but can be bypassed by some weapons.

Capacitor : range (default). Didn't give it much thought, lasers are more of a secondary wepaon on this ship anyway (but important nonetheless)

Magazine : munitions capacity extender, obviously.

Thrusters : regeneration thrusters. Speed in combat doesn't matter that much on that ship IMO, but the regen thrusters mean you can use afterburners more often, and for longer when travelling from point to point.

For the crew I use :

*Engineering : Yuun (reduced cost of using blasters and engines), means I can fire longer, afterburn for longer and use the barrel roll with fewer energy left

*Tactical : Elara Dorn (improved sensor range and focus), not trying to be sneaky here, just hunting down any enemies

*Defensive : M1-4X(improved DR and shield pool), like I said, I want it tough :p

*Offensive : Aric Jorgan (improved missile capacity, reload speed and cooldown time), obvious choice for a missile ship.

Copilot : 4X, (Bypass, increases shield piercing, for when I dont have time to lock on a torpedo and need to do some hull damag ethrough shields)

Nice, thanks mate :cool: This is exactly what I am looking for.

Slight correction on my previous post : regeneration thrusters don't let you use afterburner for longer (regeneration only kicks in 3 seconds after turning afterburner off), but more often, which is useful in combat, for when you need to put an enemy back in missile range or make a quick getaway.

For more total afterburner time, you want to use the power thrusters which are default on the Ft-8 Star Guard.

With regen thrusters you'll run short on engine power shortly before reaching the nearest satellite from your spawn. In that case I just leave it to the scouts, replenish my engine pool to full, and start scanning for targets.

The setup would be the same as the other striker ships. All the ships are the same, bar the look and the name.

The ships differ in what components can be installed on them. For instance take the 2 rep scouts. Flashfire can use quad lasers, Novadive can't. Retro thrusters are exclusice to Flashfire, snapturn to Novadive. Etc. etc.

Edited by Sharee

and the pike has armor instead of a reactor, i love using charged plating + max armor reduction on my pike, you lose only against pilots with armor pen with this setup

you realize that charged plating makes you insanely vulnerable to gunhips? They have 100% armor pen.

you realize that charged plating makes you insanely vulnerable to gunhips? They have 100% armor pen.

Which basically makes charged plating useless... which I really hate. One of the few components unique to strikes, and BAM, totally useless because the main weapon of an entire class of ships cleaves right through it.

And it's not even an optional upgrade too, being tier 3, so every fecking gunship out there will have it.

I'm really hoping the devs see there's something wrong with it, and at least makes it worth picking. It's bad enough it's got a massive drawback from the get go, having an extremely common way to completely bypass it is totally unnecessary.

The setup would be the same as the other striker ships. All the ships are the same, bar the look and the name.

you are bad and should feel bad. also, crap at space pvp, never ever que again.

ANYHOO, op, i'm getting good mileage out of ions and clusters missiles . using my quads for DoT /debuffy type role to keep shields off, and add weight of fire to an encounter whilst ion missile both murder ALL shields, not just the facing my lasers are blatting, AND nuke engine and blaster power etc... then clusters are just trollkill fuel.