Gunships are OP

Mangese

The surest way to prove they are OP is to just look at how many gunship flyers saying they are NOT OP.

They are not slow, they have great armor, they have the longest hardest hitting gun in space. The old argument "learn how to fight them" doesn't wash. Just look at the kill board after every match - what ship dominates?

nuff said

It's true for the most part. I'd been having stupid amounts of fun with this piloting stuff up until today, now all that happens when I try to play a match is getting double-sniped and in some cases literally one-shotted by some punk whose class was designed around the concept of shooting fish in a barrel. For real though, throwing a "sniping" class into a flight simulator was a pretty bone-headed move.

The surest way to prove they are OP is to just look at how many gunship flyers saying they are NOT OP.

They are not slow, they have great armor, they have the longest hardest hitting gun in space. The old argument "learn how to fight them" doesn't wash. Just look at the kill board after every match - what ship dominates?

nuff said

What I say is right and if you disagree with me you are wrong. Oh and the number of people that do disagree with me just proves how right I am.:rolleyes: love these forums

nuff said

What ship dominates? The Great flyers regardless of what ship they pilot.

This. Any ship will be "OP" if the player is good at what he does.

Pretty much. I sometimes feel downright invincible on my Scout. I do get shot down occasionally, but that happens mainly when I make fairly stupid, identifiable mistakes.

We Gunship Pilots are not invincible. We can be a pain in the rear though and honestly, a little teamwork on our opponent's side and we are quite hosed. Charging right at a Gunship is quite stupid, even if you're in a Strike Fighter. Instead come at Gunships from the flanks (up, down, left, right, and behind).

If you are close in on a Gunship keep your speed up. Sadly our ships turn like a snail on salt. Be smart in how you play, that is all there is to it.

We Gunship Pilots are not invincible. We can be a pain in the rear though and honestly, a little teamwork on our opponent's side and we are quite hosed. Charging right at a Gunship is quite stupid, even if you're in a Strike Fighter. Instead come at Gunships from the flanks (up, down, left, right, and behind).

If you are close in on a Gunship keep your speed up. Sadly our ships turn like a snail on salt. Be smart in how you play, that is all there is to it.

Best advice for the person who thinks gunships are OP is to play one themselves. They'll realize how railguns work, how aiming and zoom works.

You *can* charge a Gunship head-on. As long as you know when to move to the side. Low-power shots are harmless. Mid-power and full-power are what's scary. Bosot towards him, see him charging, count 1 Mississippi and divert about 30-45 degrees upwards, downwards or to the side, approaching him in an arc, or in a sinusoid curve, if he has the time for 2-3 shots.

The issue isn't with the gunships, its with the map design in domination. The point of domination is to capture the nodes, to do this you have to get within 1km of the node and the fighting is very close quarters knife fight type of gameplay. However, gunships benefit from this termendously because they can sit at 15km and just shoot the schmucks on the node. If one team has 3 ships and a gunship, and the other has 4 ships, the team with the gunship will usually win the node because the gunship can pick off the node defenders and the turrets far better than the strike fighters and scouts. As a scout, I can easily leave the node to try to hunt down the gunship, i'll at least shut him down if not kill him altogether. But odds are that while I work at force feeding him his railgun his teammates will cap the node and I will have failed. However, if I don't boost off to force feed that gunship his railgun, sooner or later he's going to one shot me and we lose the node anyways.

So basically the issue is that 15km range in a fight centered around 2-3km range nodes is a poor design on the devs part. However as a class the gunship is just fine.

Edit: In the meanwhile, here is a bit of advice to approaching gunships. If you have to charge head on, do the following, yaw slightly upwards while also pitching up and rolling to the side. The idea is to do a prolonged barrel roll. If you need to get there fast, add in a booster. Its very hard to hit someone whose doing this. Imagine the lines on a slinky, you're trying to follow that sort of pattern.

Edited by wishihadaname

you all ignore what makes the gunship op and constantly point to "don't go head on" like that matters or is even close to the issue

but its ok bioware wont nerf them just like they wont nerf op heals or smash so your safe have fun farming kills while everyone quits playing

already on my server theres only 2 pub teams who queue and no imps except people trying it out and then quickly quit

Edited by Vis-Tecum

nuff said

MOST PLAYERS are using strike fighters. Was playing against the Reps yesterday morning and they had 8 strike fighters NO scouts NO gunships and they WON EASILY every match.....our side had 4 gunships and 2 of each of the other..

If any ship is overpowered it would be the strike fighter BUT PERSONALLY I INSIST the balance is as good as you could ever hope for and should just get over it heavens sake......next you'll be saying the turrets are overpowered because I believe they will more ships than anything else each match.

nuff said

You do realize some of the top DPS ships across servers are scouts right lol.

I can assure you as a solid scout pilot gunships are not a problem for me. and if i spot one they are done.

Wait....I thought Scouts were OP....no that was strike fighters.....wait.....:i_tongue:

This ^. the top 2 threads in this forum i see currently is "Gunship is OP!" followed by "Scout is OP!" Haven't heard much OP talk about Strikefighters, until i saw this:

If any ship is overpowered it would be the strike fighter BUT PERSONALLY I INSIST the balance is as good as you could ever hope for and should just get over it heavens sake......next you'll be saying the turrets are overpowered because I believe they will more ships than anything else each match.

When I hear from different people who all 3 seem OP that sounds like they got the Balance down very well

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.