2.5 Shadow tanking... Overall disappointing

SalvorHardin

I just had a full DF & DP HM run yesterday and I have to say, I'm not too impressed with the changes. I thought I would love it cause I was really getting tired of the spikyness (especially on Raptus, occasionnally on Nefra and Corruptor 0).

First of all, the paranoia over losing Shadow Protection really got to me. There are not that many fights where it's actually possible to keeep it up at 100%. And it would be fine if not for the fact I'm taking between 7 and 20% more damage now.

I made some quick (and pretty rough) maths, comparing damage taken one week ago VS yesterday. What I did was for each boss, substracted total self effective healing to total damage taken and divided the result by the numer of hits taken. Except for Corruptor 0 (18% less damage taken), I'm taking up to 20% more damage.

Don't get me wrong, I did feel the difference on spikyness, but I also felt the healers having to work more... And I really didn't like that.

I was fine with the 12 seconds Shadow Protection on paper as it required a lot of management to keep up as much as you can but right now, with the global shape of Shadow Tanking, it must be pushed to 15 (or even 18) or we should get back a good portion of our old self healing (or maybe the 40% armor rating bonus from Elusiveness that were on PTS). Not to bring the skill floor down, but to give us our tanking capability back. Because right now, it feels more like a nerf than anything else.

Also, not sure yet, but it felt like my sustained threat took a serious hit without the self healing...

EDIT

Forgot to mention the most annoying thing: Shadow Protection only refreshing/stacking upon damage. Before 2.5, Harnessed Shadow was healing us even if our TKT missed or got resisted. This will hopefully get fixed soon.

I also went over the numbers again (adjusted with absorbed damage). I didn't have the numbers for Brontes, Raptus and the Council (also Grob but I still don't have them).

Nefra : 20% MORE damage

Draxus : 9% MORE damage

Grob : ?

Corruptor 0 : 20% LESS damage

Brontes : 5% LESS damage

Bestia : 9% MORE damage

Tyrans : 16% MORE damage

Calphayus : 10% MORE damage

Raptus : 12% LESS damage

Council : 1% LESS damage

Edited by SalvorHardin

I just had a full DF & DP HM run yesterday and I have to say, I'm not too impressed with the changes. I thought I would love it cause I was really getting tired of the spikyness (especially on Raptus, occasionnally on Nefra and Corruptor 0).

First of all, the paranoia over losing Shadow Protection really got to me. There are not that many fights where it's actually possible to keeep it up at 100%. And it would be fine if not for the fact I'm taking between 7 and 20% more damage now.

I made some quick (and pretty rough) maths, comparing damage taken one week ago VS yesterday. What I did was for each boss, substracted total self effective healing to total damage taken and divided the result by the numer of hits taken. Except for Corruptor 0 (18% less damage taken), I'm taking up to 20% more damage.

Don't get me wrong, I did feel the difference on spikyness, but I also felt the healers having to work more... And I really didn't like that.

I was fine with the 12 seconds Shadow Protection on paper as it required a lot of management to keep up as much as you can but right now, with the global shape of Shadow Tanking, it must be pushed to 15 (or even 18) or we should get back a good portion of our old self healing (or maybe the 40% armor rating bonus from Elusiveness that were on PTS). Not to bring the skill floor down, but to give us our tanking capability back. Because right now, it feels more like a nerf than anything else.

Also, not sure yet, but it felt like my sustained threat took a serious hit without the self healing...

Did you calculate your overhealing out? When you use Torparse, you will see in the Heals Given Section a Overheal Statistic.

Did you use a sorc healer the run before? When you have a sorc healer, absorbed damage from bubble is not counted as heals and therefore tanks get about 15% less damage per hit on paper when having a sorc healer with them.

Comparing my logs with 2.4 attempts i get very different results to yours.

Every boss i took a lot less damage then before, and most of the time self healing was lower then the damage taken, on some bosses it was roughly equal to the less damage taken.

Sustained threat has become less. It's still easily comparable to the other tank classes, tough.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

I said in the post that I only used effective healing (so not overhealing). And the same healers were there. Also same co-tank, and same tactics. We have been farming DF & DP HM for a while now with basically the same team (some turn around on DPS), so the parses are usually very similar.

For information, before 2.5, I was doing between 200 and 370 self EHPS on pretty much every bosses (apart from Brontes and Calphayus of course).

Edited by SalvorHardin

I said in the post that I only used effective healing (so not overhealing). And the same healers were there. Also same co-tank, and same tactics. We have been farming DF & DP HM for a while now with basically the same team (some turn around on DPS), so the parses are usually very similar.

For information, before 2.5, I was doing between 200 and 370 self EHPS on pretty much every bosses (apart from Brontes and Calphayus of course).

Ah did oversee that effective :). You can send me your torparse links if you want me to have a look on it. EHPS seems normal.

Just a reminder: Even with 2.5 assassin tanks have about 80 hps due to Overcharge Saber and Medpac.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

I really don't understand why people seem to think SP can't be maintained in DF/DP.

The only time I lost it (and couldn't get it back quickly) was when I made a mistake in my rotation. Other than that, it was always up. Some bosses it is more challenging to upkeep, but it's still very doable.

I would suggest to stop worrying so much about it. Do your rotation as you normally would and utilize combat stealth for those times when you really need it.

==

My results are also the same as the other poster. My damage taken is way down and my healers are very thankful for the change.

I really don't understand why people seem to think SP can't be maintained in DF/DP.

The only time I lost it (and couldn't get it back quickly) was when I made a mistake in my rotation. Other than that, it was always up. Some bosses it is more challenging to upkeep, but it's still very doable.

I would suggest to stop worrying so much about it. Do your rotation as you normally would and utilize combat stealth for those times when you really need it.

==

My results are also the same as the other poster. My damage taken is way down and my healers are very thankful for the change.

Nefra: of course

Draxus: bit erratic but all in all, yes

Grob: if you're on the boss, of course, if you're on the adds, no

Corruptor 0: a bit down because of badly timed knockbacks and/or having to move from gravitational field but overall ok

Brontes: No way you can keep it up

Bestia: easy enough

Tyrans: difficult but doable

Calphayus: just no

Raptus: big no again

Council: very hard and at some point, you just can't because you have to stop DPS

Now as I said in the edited part of my post, the most annoying thing is that it doesn't refresh if TKT misses or get resisted.

Also, using (wasting) Force Cloak to get it back doesn't feel right: agro drop + bye bye stealth rez.

One thing I didn't like either was that if I'm not the tank on the boss (so not getting hits), I can't spam Double Strike/Shadow Strike/Whirling Blow to get Particle Acceleration... At some point, you're just our of Force and more often than not in that case, you get your 3rd stack of Harnessed Shadow with a Project coming out of cooldown naturally. If you need to move at some point during that, get a knockback or even miss the first 2 ticks of your next TKT, you lose Shadow Protection. And you just have to hope you'll be able to build it again before the next tank switch.

Edited by SalvorHardin

Protection does need to last 18 seconds long, I'm not sure why they changed it. Though I don't necessarily have a problem with keeping it up since it only requires 1 tick at 4 stacks to refresh the whole thing, which is nice. I do feel like I was wrestling with it more as though racing against time, I would like to see how it fares with a duration of 18 seconds instead.

Over all, I'm not sure what to think of these changes. I feel like I'm more resilient but like you it feels as though my healers are working harder since I'm not lending them any assistance with my own self heals. While I feel confident in staying alive most of the time and not taking huge hits that take us from 100 to dead, I just feel like we're now facing the problem of too much sustained damage. We're light armor, we shouldn't be face tanking unless we have some way to alleviate so either we should see 15% or the original missing 30% to our armor. If we're to face tank competitively with Str-tanks then we may as well be roughly the same amount of armor points through boosts in our tank tree.

Brontes: No way you can keep it up

Calphayus: just no

Raptus: big no again

Council: very hard and at some point, you just can't because you have to stop DPS

Now as I said in the edited part of my post, the most annoying thing is that it doesn't refresh if TKT misses or get resisted.

Also, using (wasting) Force Cloak to get it back doesn't feel right: agro drop + bye bye stealth rez.

One thing I didn't like either was that if I'm not the tank on the boss (so not getting hits), I can't spam Double Strike/Shadow Strike/Whirling Blow to get Particle Acceleration... At some point, you're just our of Force and more often than not in that case, you get your 3rd stack of Harnessed Shadow with a Project coming out of cooldown naturally. If you need to move at some point during that, get a knockback or even miss the first 2 ticks of your next TKT, you lose Shadow Protection. And you just have to hope you'll be able to build it again before the next tank switch.

Brontes you can keep up the stacks easily during the important phases apart from the very last Phase. (were you couldn't self heal before aswell).

Raptus is very easy to keep stacks up, apart from you getting teleported (you won't take more damage) or getting thrown in the air (you won't take more damage).

For the challenge tell the dps to get raptus near the entrance of the tank challenge, as you can maintain stacks during the tank challenge you can renew it as you as you come out then again.

Dread Council is also very easy to keep the stacks up. Tank Bestia against a wall so you are not losing stacks during the knockback and tell your dps to stop dpsing at the beginning on bestia at 65% (or even earlier), so tanks don't have to stop dps.

Calphayus is the only Boss you can't really maintain stacks (due to invulernable stuff), but that is the same for powertechs aswell.

One general statement: If the boss doesn't allow you to maintain stacks you weren't able to self heal before anyway, then the changes to assassin tanks are more or less a straightl 35% armor buff.

Not being attacked by the Boss is like a dummy fight for assassin tanks. Might be a good idea to try that.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

Brontes you can keep up the stacks easily during the important phases apart from the very last Phase. (were you couldn't self heal before aswell).

During the first two phases, yes. But you lose it during every transition. During the third phase, it gets very hard but then again so was the self healing prior to 2.5.

Raptus is very easy to keep stacks up, apart from you getting teleported (you won't take more damage) or getting thrown in the air (you won't take more damage).

No it's not "very easy": Force Execution can prevent from refreshing because of having to avoid the red circle AND then move the boss (quickly before the switch).

For the challenge tell the dps to get raptus near the entrance of the tank challenge, as you can maintain stacks during the tank challenge you can renew it as you as you come out then again.

That's actually a good idea but there is always the problem of keeping Shadow Protection AFTER the challenge.

Dread Council is also very easy to keep the stacks up. Tank Bestia against a wall so you are not losing stacks during the knockback and tell your dps to stop dpsing at the beginning on bestia at 65% (or even earlier), so tanks don't have to stop dps.

We have been farming the council for the MH for a while now and not once have I had the possibility to keep DPS'ing Bestia AND Calphayus in both first and third phase (our DPS stop at 70-72% on Bestia and 65% on Calphayus).

Calphayus is the only Boss you can't really maintain stacks (due to invulernable stuff), but that is the same for powertechs aswell.

Which is still a problem because before 2.5 we could use self heals during the last phase. And he does a load of damages at that point.

One general statement: If the boss doesn't allow you to maintain stacks you weren't able to self heal before anyway, then the changes to assassin tanks are more or less a straightl 35% armor buff.

Yes but then again, I'm not complaining about the difficulty to keep Shadow Protection all the time. I'm saying that because we take more damage now, we might as well have a QoL improvement that consists in increasing the duration of Shadow Protection. But that's just an example: we could also have 40% armor rating bonus from Elusiveness (like it was on PTS) or get some of our self healing back...

To be clear, I'm not saying that not being able to keep up Shadow Protection 100% of the time on every encounters is the reason we take more damage. It just seems that it was more rewarding to optimize TKT's uptime prior to 2.5 as it resulted in less damage taken than now.

Now, just looking at the numbers of one run might not be enough to get to the conclusion, but my feeling is that if a Shadow took more damage on every encounters before 2.5, he was doing something wrong, may it be rotation-wise or gearing-wise.

Not being attacked by the Boss is like a dummy fight for assassin tanks. Might be a good idea to try that.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here but like I said in the post, the problem is not keeping it up in a dummy fight... It is a problem to keep up in a boss fight as you might get knocbacks, having to move, having to control adds and then miss one or two ticks of TKT which would result more often than not in losing the 4 stacks of Shadow Protection.

For transition phases, I don't think it's really a problem to save up a 3x stack of Harnessed and just channel TKT as soon as you can. Sure, it's not maximum uptime of Shadow Protection, but if it means 3 or so seconds of not having it before the phase change and slightly less than 3 afterwards, I think that's better than it dropping off during the phase change, and having to build it over the next 9-12 seconds. It will just take a judgement call, and isn't that something we already have to do a ton of as tanks? Especially as Shadow tanks?

What I would like to see changed, though, is how stack application is determined. I felt cheated when I was tanking a 16 HM Toborro's Courtyard, when I had to swap in for when the main tank died (PUGs aren't always the most successful). There were numerous times where I'd get my first, sometimes even first two, ticks of TKT resisted, and lost all my stacks, even though I executed my rotation just fine. And after earlier laser phases, when I had to lose stacks, and he'd resist a tick of TKT, I had to sit at less than full stacks because of poor RNG. Harnessed Shadows stacks build even if the abilities do no damage, why not Shadow Protection stacks?

Note: I did edit parts of your post out, were i think we agree, so we keep posts clear and don't create walls of text (although i did create one but i didn't know what to cut :( )

No it's not "very easy": Force Execution can prevent from refreshing because of having to avoid the red circle AND then move the boss (quickly before the switch).

You can use Shock, Wither and Force Lightning from 10 meter and you can use Force Speed.

I don't know what you mean about switch, whenever i kill raptus we just switch when he knocks one of the tanks up. That can happen every 20 seconds unless the Rising Slash Knock-Up is being defended (it's a m/r attack).

When you are a sin/shadow tank and you use Force Shroud, you will negate Force Execution and a possible Driving Trust anyway completely.

We have been farming the council for the MH for a while now and not once have I had the possibility to keep DPS'ing Bestia AND Calphayus in both first and third phase (our DPS stop at 70-72% on Bestia and 65% on Calphayus).

Sorry, but then your raid is doing something wrong. I don't know your raid group, overall dps, burst dps on bestia, the amount of dots and melee dps you have, ect... but i know that is not happening in our raid Group.

We tend to try to send raptus and tyrans up first, if the dps did too much dps on either one of bestia, calphayus we will try to send them up when the tank has to stop dps.

But it was the same with self heal before (even worse actually), if you couldn't dps bestia/calphayus you weren't able to self for a single amount of hp.

Which is still a problem because before 2.5 we could use self heals during the last phase. And he does a load of damages at that point.

Yes for this last phase it's a nerf, but comparing that to the buffs for the rest of df/dp. Also as i said before, in my opinion they should change it for all tanking classes (also for powertechs/vanguards).

Yes but then again, I'm not complaining about the difficulty to keep Shadow Protection all the time. I'm saying that because we take more damage now, we might as well have a QoL improvement that consists in increasing the duration of Shadow Protection. But that's just an example: we could also have 40% armor rating bonus from Elusiveness (like it was on PTS) or get some of our self healing back...

To be clear, I'm not saying that not being able to keep up Shadow Protection 100% of the time on every encounters is the reason we take more damage. It just seems that it was more rewarding to optimize TKT's uptime prior to 2.5 as it resulted in less damage taken than now.

Now, just looking at the numbers of one run might not be enough to get to the conclusion, but my feeling is that if a Shadow took more damage on every encounters before 2.5, he was doing something wrong, may it be rotation-wise or gearing-wise.

I have nothing against a QoL improvement for assassins/shadows, but it would affect me more then other assassins/shadows so i won't vote for it (or against it).

What i don't like is that people claim these changes are a nerf, or that you can't maintain stacks with 12 seconds, cause that is not true.

Also currently i don't think that shadows/assassins need more buffs for pve, as i play with the best juggernaut tank and the best powertech tank in the world.

I would really like to see your numbers. I am really good at analyzing logs and i am also very interested in seeing different results than the ones i get.

The only boss i can possibly think of these changes being a slight nerf in overall damage taken is nefra for 8 man hm. Mainly because this boss has some special stuff:

On nefra it was possible to do a 3 stack force lightning every 9 seconds (unlike every other boss in this game).

Nefra was constantly hitting the tank, resulting in almost zero overhealing from Force Lightning.

On the other hand nefra was hitting really hard and her tripple attack is now dealing 2400 damage less if unmitigated.

The average damage taken i get is the same as other tanks get on this boss.

On all the other bosses i had a decrease in average damage taken. On nefra i had the same average damage taken as before.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here but like I said in the post, the problem is not keeping it up in a dummy fight... It is a problem to keep up in a boss fight as you might get knocbacks, having to move, having to control adds and then miss one or two ticks of TKT which would result more often than not in losing the 4 stacks of Shadow Protection.

I was just refering to your problem to keep stacks up with some spare time when you are not attacked. In my opinion the solution is to use thrash in such a situation just when an energize proc gives you the most value, directly after a shock.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

First time back in operations since 2.5, so I'm comparing a couple fights in the same gear, only slightly different group setup as described below. Only one kill log was analyzed for Nefra and Grob'Thok (and to a limited extent Draxus). I still include the ~80 eHPS from medpack/BR that was used equally.

Nefra

Pre 2.5 (I was guarded)

Log

1894 DtPS (1994 if unguarded)

1619 DtPS after effective CT/TKT heals (1704 if unguarded)

5762 biggest hit (6065 if unguarded)

Post 2.5 (guarded other tank)

Log

1699 DtPS

5651 biggest hit

Grob'Thok

Pre 2.5

Log

1828 DtPS

1618 DtPS after effective CT/TKT heals

11288 biggest hit

Post 2.5

Log

1726 DtPS

10358 biggest hit

In Nefra where there was essentially 100% Shadow Protection uptime (a couple tenths of a sec here and there where I was seeing how long I could delay), 7-8% less spikiness based on biggest hit taken and basically zero change in external healing required. I shielded slightly more attacks in this pre-2.5 log, but had a Sage's force armor post-2.5 (I don't know how to easily find how much damage was absorbed). Probably a wash.

For Grob'Thok with lots of movement, I lost Shadow Protection 6 times from 0.5-2ish seconds. Will improve with more practice. Overall required ~7% more healing required (slightly higher defended attacks/lower shielded post 2.5 log, slight differences in pipe smashes, extra ugnaught damage...) and again was 7-8% less spikey based on biggest hit.

In Draxus, I was admittadly awful at keeping shadow protection up. But my playstyle in that fight was also pretty awful about self healing since I prioritize AOE damage in many situations over the optimal mitigation rotation. Took ~13% more damage comparing those two logs post-2.5 vs. pre-2.5, but there are way more variables there I think. Plus I die everytime since we haven't gotten a clean kill yet.

So far I think for PVE this is fantastic. When I maximized my rotation before I'm still able to do so with little difficulty and the results are great. When I don't now, I didn't before. Also keep in mind we haven't cleared Corruptor Zero, so I'm far from an elite, NiM clearing tank.

Making it so a resisted tick still refreshes would be my only PVE change. Otherwise the effective uptime is < 12 seconds, a slightly different interpretation of Thok's numbers from a different thread (where he calculated effective uptime based on resist chance).

I had some odd problems tonight. During the weekly fight with Grob'thok, I was losing out on Shadow Protection. I'd channel a full TKT at 3 stacks of Harnessed Darkness, but I wouldn't get a single stack (or refresh) of Shadow Protection. Admittedly, I get to tank the adds on that fight, and so I don't put as much importance on keeping up stacks as keeping away from the adds, but even when I'd stop and channel a full TKT against the boss, I'd finish with 0 stacks. I watched the damage tick off, so I know it wasn't all resisted (not to mention the chance of having a full TKT resisted being pretty slim). Any ideas as to what happened?

@bdatt: Just one slight thing. At about 65 seconds in your Nefra log, you lost Shadow Protection the Moment before you reapplied it with TkT, so you just had 1 stack of Shadow Protection when nefra did hit you for 5600 damage.

The maximum damage from unmitigated hits sin tanks with 4 stack from Dark Protection get is about 5300 damage.

Compared to the 6000 damage from unmitigated Nefra Hit's before, that's a lot more then 7,5% damage reduction (and i know why :) ).

Edited by THoK-Zeus

So the thread title says it all "2.5 Shadow tanking... Overall disappointing". My opinion is development needs to take another look at the Shadow tank prior to patch 1.3. My understanding was the changes in 1.3 were to only satisfy the pvp arenas, make Shadow tanks less invincible is my take on those player requests. Since 1.3 Shadow tanks have been struggling in PVE and PVP. The armor buffs in 2.5 are a step in the right direction, but the self healing needs to be better somehow. It's just not enough. And while the shield / absorb is supposed to mitigate internal, kinetic and energy/electrical damage I'm not seeing it. I think that is completely broken. I'm not seeing the absorb flytext for that type of damage at all.

So the thread title says it all "2.5 Shadow tanking... Overall disappointing". My opinion is development needs to take another look at the Shadow tank prior to patch 1.3. My understanding was the changes in 1.3 were to only satisfy the pvp arenas, make Shadow tanks less invincible is my take on those player requests. Since 1.3 Shadow tanks have been struggling in PVE and PVP. The armor buffs in 2.5 are a step in the right direction, but the self healing needs to be better somehow. It's just not enough. And while the shield / absorb is supposed to mitigate internal, kinetic and energy/electrical damage I'm not seeing it. I think that is completely broken. I'm not seeing the absorb flytext for that type of damage at all.

You will never see 'absorb flyby text' from shielding an attack - it doesn't do that. You'll see your shield flicker when you shield an attack, and if you're paying close attention, you'll notice the difference in damage between the hit and an unshielded hit, but that's it. Also, shields don't work against internal/elemental damage, you kinda have to just take those attacks to the face. They do, however, help to mitigate all Energy and Kinetic attacks, be they Melee, Ranged, Force, or Tech attacks. Example: Shields don't work against a Sentinel's Cauterize burn DoTs, but can reduce the damage from Master Strike.

I had some odd problems tonight. During the weekly fight with Grob'thok, I was losing out on Shadow Protection. I'd channel a full TKT at 3 stacks of Harnessed Darkness, but I wouldn't get a single stack (or refresh) of Shadow Protection. Admittedly, I get to tank the adds on that fight, and so I don't put as much importance on keeping up stacks as keeping away from the adds, but even when I'd stop and channel a full TKT against the boss, I'd finish with 0 stacks. I watched the damage tick off, so I know it wasn't all resisted (not to mention the chance of having a full TKT resisted being pretty slim). Any ideas as to what happened?

Have you got a combat log about that?

Found the log:

http://www.torparse.com/a/519352/64/0/Overview

It's a bit of a mess, as we cleared up through Grob'thok, then went to get rid of a few 69 armorings on the raid team via S&V HM, but my co-tank lost power in his building, so we split up and I ended up pvping the rest of the night. One example where it didn't build stacks, though:

22:45:29.955 Ellendra activates Telekinetic Throw.

22:45:29.955 Ellendra spends 30 Force.

22:45:29.956 Ellendra's Telekinetic Throw hits Grob'thok, Who Feeds the Forge for 1246 kinetic damage, causing 2492 threat.

22:45:29.956 Ellendra gains Unshakable.

22:45:30.139 Razzol's Kolto Cloud critcally heals Ellendra for 1609*, causing 724 threat!

22:45:31.064 Ellendra's Telekinetic Throw hits Grob'thok, Who Feeds the Forge for 1246 kinetic damage, causing 2492 threat.

22:45:31.128 Razzol's Kolto Cloud critcally heals Ellendra for 1609*, causing 724 threat!

22:45:32.055 Ellendra's Combat Technique critically hits Grob'thok, Who Feeds the Forge for 374* internal damage, causing 748 threat!

22:45:32.055 Ellendra's Combat Technique causes 171 threat gain on Grob'thok, Who Feeds the Forge.

22:45:32.056 Ellendra's Telekinetic Throw hits Grob'thok, Who Feeds the Forge for 1246 kinetic damage, causing 2492 threat.

22:45:32.057 Reoka's Rejuvenate heals Ellendra for 744, causing 335 threat.

22:45:32.122 Razzol's Kolto Cloud heals Ellendra for 746, causing 336 threat.

22:45:33.114 Ellendra's Telekinetic Throw critically hits Grob'thok, Who Feeds the Forge for 1881* kinetic damage, causing 3763 threat!

22:45:33.115 Ellendra loses Harnessed Shadows.

22:45:33.116 Ellendra loses Unshakable.

22:45:33.123 Razzol's Kolto Cloud critcally heals Ellendra for 1543*, causing 47 threat!

22:45:34.187 Razzol's Kolto Cloud heals Ellendra for 746.

22:45:34.576 Ellendra gains Kinetic Bulwark.

22:45:34.578 Grob'thok, Who Feeds the Forge's Overhead Smash glances Ellendra for 3753 kinetic damage, causing 3753 threat.

I had previously let it fall off around 22:43:30 because I don't take much damage (comparatively) kiting the adds and so don't bother with it. However, I do try to pick it back up between add phases when I have nothing else to do, but it seemed that when I tried during this fight, it would fail quite often.

Are you using num hotkey's on your keyboard or on your mouse? Or are you using any special buttons for hotkeys programmed on your mouse? (Num 7 or Num 8 for example?)

I'm using the number 4 hotkey specifically for TKT. Does that actually make a difference?

I'm using the number 4 hotkey specifically for TKT. Does that actually make a difference?

I have seen very weird things happen, when people use num keys as hotkeys. And this combat log is weird. When using num_8 as a hotkey i had problems with targeting and the game sometimes just bugged out.

For example i was unable to guard someone (cause even when i did target the person, the game wouldn't recognize that and said unable to guard self), or I even healed myself instead of the person i did target.

When i did press num_7 my swtor cursor went green...

So everytime i recognize something really weird going on, i blame num hotkeys in swtor. Especially num_4, 2, 6 and 8 because they are related to movement in swtor.

Try other hotkeys and see if they work properly :).

Edited by THoK-Zeus

I have seen very weird things happen, when people use num keys as hotkeys. And this combat log is weird. When using num_8 as a hotkey i had problems with targeting and the game sometimes just bugged out.

For example i was unable to guard someone (cause even when i did target the person, the game wouldn't recognize that and said unable to guard self), or I even healed myself instead of the person i did target.

When i did press num_7 my swtor cursor went green...

So everytime i recognize something really weird going on, i blame num hotkeys in swtor. Especially num_4, 2, 6 and 8 because they are related to movement in swtor.

Try other hotkeys and see if they work properly :).

I'll give it a try. It's just weird, since I use 4 for Shadow Strike when in Infiltration and Mind Crush in Balance, and it works fine in those situations. I guess I'll have to move it from 4, where it's been while I tank since level 2 :(