Sentinel stat priority?

Crowberry

I realize of course our main stat is strength, but what comes next?

Now my interpretation of our stat screen is this =

Surge Rating > Power* > Critical Chance > Strength

*Not Force Power

So what do you all think? Am I on the ball with this one or way off?

I'm also unsure where the Accuracy stat fits into all this. Any experts mind clearing this up?

It all depends on what you are planning to do.

Power is obviously for more consistent damage, whilst crit / surge will up your burst with a large margin.

I will be playing Pvp mainly, and so far I think im going Strength -> Crit (up to a suitable level) -> Surge. This simply because I think it will be way more rewarding with the burst I'll get from crits rather then the stable damage I get from power.

This might change depending on how much crit I can actually get, if I cant get enough crit so I feel that surge will not be worth it, Im changing around to full Power.

Consider.

Power does not buff offhand at all. Power also does not scale with innate skill power.

While offhand attacks can crit.

Power is definitely low on the table.

Str, Surge, Crit, power.

Acc needs more testing/combat log to really place.

Point of reference.

alacrity. does not effect master strike. (bummer)

Does effect force stasis, disable droid.

Just an fyi. Alacrity is really not useful for sents.

Edited by MBirkhofer

blade rush will cause blade storm to auto-crit, so surge might be more important than crit for combat builds. Not really convinced of the importance of the offhand attacks.

You still need a decent base crit for it to be worth it, since one ability does not make up for you to spam one stat over something else.

You still need a decent base crit for it to be worth it, since one ability does not make up for you to spam one stat over something else.

5% smuggler raid crit buff.

crit from str.

Focus,

100% crit sweep.

7% all force attacks.

15% slash.

Combat.

100% crit blade storm.

7% force attack talent in focus is very attainable. (ataru is force, so you really should)

Watchman

30% crit chance on burns. 100% with Zen.

You get alot of crit from talents/buffs.

I would definitely say don't really focus on crit rating at all. You'll get it naturally from gear/str/talents/buffs. Choose it over power. I mean, good luck picking a level 50 item that DOESN'T have crit on it.

If you are biochem, +surge adrenals. crits are +50% base. +30% talent, +40% with decent gear based surge. +100% adrenal. +50% relic. I need to check on what the top trinket is actually. I know adrenal is around that. can we pop 2 relics at once? didnt check that either. Adrenals do share a cd.

Why yes, I will one shot your entire team with force sweep.

For ref, my level 32 sent.

Base force sweep 520ish.

Blade storm is 670.

1040 (+100% damage sweep.)

3848 (+270% damage on crit from adrenal/relic/talents/gear)

Aoe sweep, at level 32.

Yeah.

Rakata force adrenal is 585 surge. Think about how broken that is.

No seriously, surge is a class balancing NIGHTMARE. Its a terrible stat, and should not be in the game. Esp with +100% chance to crit moves.

Edited by MBirkhofer

With blade storm, yes it is worth it. Every 9 secs Im using it like clock work. BS is a disportionally large chunk of the combat tree's damage.

No sense sacrificing other stats that much if a sizable chunk of your offense is already auto-critting. There are also more crit sources then surge sorces.

I still think crit is very important, but I try to take surge over crit if I had to make a choise. (its not come up a whole lot lately as most gear has both -just a couple mods here and there.)

Edited by tk-fourtwentyone

• 3 weeks later...

At what point do we stop pushing accuracy? I've heard 105% bandied around, but honestly? Special attacks are already above your base rating anyway, so 100% base is actually a 108% special (mainhand) and 78% off.

The real question in prioritising stats is knowing the caps we're aiming for. Anyone have some useful information regarding accuracy?

Lately I've been aiming for 100% ish accuracy base and pushing hard on surge/crit.

At what point do we stop pushing accuracy? I've heard 105% bandied around, but honestly? Special attacks are already above your base rating anyway, so 100% base is actually a 108% special (mainhand) and 78% off.

The real question in prioritising stats is knowing the caps we're aiming for. Anyone have some useful information regarding accuracy?

Lately I've been aiming for 100% ish accuracy base and pushing hard on surge/crit.

Keep in mind though that more accuracy reduces the target's defense.

Point of reference.

alacrity. does not effect master strike. (bummer)

Does effect force stasis, disable droid.

I've never understood the relationship between haste buffs and channeled abilities. A faster version of force stasis (channeled power) means it will end earlier. Sure, it does slightly faster damage/focus generation, but its primary use is a short CC. Why in God's name would I want to "buff" it to make it shorter?

Edited by Lomerell

• 3 weeks later...