Cancelled sub again

DarthRaistlin

Thanks for the update. I was getting curious and this saved me from having to PM you to check on your subscriber status. Finally, I can relax and get some sleep.

Be sure to let us know the moment you subscribe again. Or if you buy any CCs. I'm terribly interested in all the ways you spend money on entertainment.

:D

Love this. I usually. ignore these threads but I'm always struck why people feel the need to announce to everyone else that they are leaving. As if that somehow makes any difference at all to the rest of us.

Like, "Ah crap. I was gonna log in after work today but now I can't because [insert random stranger] is quitting. The hell...?"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the true meat is playing dress up and finding the perfect dye for your favourite companion's pants.

warzones are french fries

PvE space would be a strawberry sundae, or cherry

I find my favorite meat is a nice medium rare NY Strip, although I'm becoming more fond of bacon-wrapped filet mignon, especially with an aged Merlot.

To anyone who is worried about Space-pvp taking players away from WZ's, thus making waiting times frustratingly long.............Don't worry, its not going to last long. This is the new kid on the block. Everyone will just have to check it out. But like I've said before..........more and more are going to be saying....Mommy, why is the king naked?

Its fluff at best. Poorly implemented fluff at that. Hang in there bud, they will al be back on terra-ferma fairly soon.

Its a terrible up-date.

To anyone who is worried about Space-pvp taking players away from WZ's, thus making waiting times frustratingly long.............Don't worry, its not going to last long. This is the new kid on the block. Everyone will just have to check it out. But like I've said before..........more and more are going to be saying....Mommy, why is the king naked?

Its fluff at best. Poorly implemented fluff at that. Hang in there bud, they will al be back on terra-ferma fairly soon.

Its a terrible up-date.

I can't say I agree that the GS update is terrible, but I agree that it's no threat to ground PVP. I don't really enjoy "normal" PVP much at all (not because there's anything wrong with it--it's just not my thing), but I really enjoy GS. I suspect that there are plenty of people like me who don't necessarily get into ground PVP but who enjoy, and will continue to enjoy, GS. They are very different styles of play and will likely appeal to some different sorts of people. There is no reason why ground PVP and GS can't coexist just fine.

I can't say I agree that the GS update is terrible, but I agree that it's no threat to ground PVP. I don't really enjoy "normal" PVP much at all (not because there's anything wrong with it--it's just not my thing), but I really enjoy GS. I suspect that there are plenty of people like me who don't necessarily get into ground PVP but who enjoy, and will continue to enjoy, GS. They are very different styles of play and will likely appeal to some different sorts of people. There is no reason why ground PVP and GS can't coexist just fine.

I agree with this. I rarely seen any of the same players in GS that I do in WZs. Of course, they could be on alts, but I don't think that's it. A lot of people have been waiting for updated space combat... I'm guessing that most of those people didn't turn to ground PvP. I suspect most played through stories in the meantime.

Either way, I'm liking the update... especially knowing that there is more to come in February. :t_biggrin:

I agree with this. I rarely seen any of the same players in GS that I do in WZs. Of course, they could be on alts, but I don't think that's it. A lot of people have been waiting for updated space combat... I'm guessing that most of those people didn't turn to ground PvP. I suspect most played through stories in the meantime.

Either way, I'm liking the update... especially knowing that there is more to come in February. :t_biggrin:

This ^ :D

1. GSF wishes it was PVP but its not. Needs to be removed from the terminal.

If you don't like GS that is of course your perogative but this statement.... seriously? Surely you jest. GS is very much PVP because it is "players" on one side going against "players" on the other side. No one is fighting against AI except for the few satellite turrets.

Broadly defined, PVP is not exclusive to MMOs. Various FPS (Doom, Quake, Half-Life) and RTS (Warcraft, C&C and Starcraft) all fall under this "player versus player" category as well. In fact, all of those games were released and popularized prior to MMOs like UO and EQ entered the gaming mainstream. Your narrow definition of PVP is false to say the least.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

The funniest part about this thread is that it's more than one page. OP, the twit that he is, hasn't returned to the thread to continue any entitled diatribe. We're keeping his thread alive by posting.

I suggest just letting the thread die, so that the OP can drown in obscurity.

The funniest part about this thread is that it's more than one page. OP, the twit that he is, hasn't returned to the thread to continue any entitled diatribe. We're keeping his thread alive by posting.

I suggest just letting the thread die, so that the OP can drown in obscurity.

You did a really nice job of that by replying. :D

The OP didn't really unsub guys. He hasn't replied because he's too busy enjoying GSF.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that he did unsub, and that he's heading over to play Legends of Equestria, where he can indulge in all of his Brony fantasies.

GSF is simply more fun then ground PVP. I don't get stun locked and even if I'm getting stomped I can acheive things

I have seen this from so many people, they refuse to fix resolve and it allows stun-locking (hint, the moment the bar fills it should break you out of CC) and the fact they offer a PvP option with non-of that crap in it, people flock to it. Amazing huh?

One thing that I never understood but now has become a great annoyance is why the GSF daily is on the same mission box as the "ground PvP" missions. The area infront of the PvP box used to be a great way of estimating potential players in the PvP queue on low-pvp-pop servers. Now it's freaking impossible to tell for how long you're going to have tyo wait for a pop. I spent 1,5 hour in queue this morning despite that there were 25 people infront of the mission box.

PvP'ers have always had a tendency of hanging around the Pvp mission box so please move the GSF mission somewhere els.

One thing that I never understood but now has become a great annoyance is why the GSF daily is on the same mission box as the "ground PvP" missions. The area infront of the PvP box used to be a great way of estimating potential players in the PvP queue on low-pvp-pop servers. Now it's freaking impossible to tell for how long you're going to have tyo wait for a pop. I spent 1,5 hour in queue this morning despite that there were 25 people infront of the mission box.

PvP'ers have always had a tendency of hanging around the Pvp mission box so please move the GSF mission somewhere els.

Well that's pretty hard. GSF is PvP, it has quests tied to it, there just happens to be a PvP terminal on fleet, as a dev, where would I put those new PvP quests? NOT ON THE PvP TERMINAL!!!! MY GOD, PEOPLE ARE USING THOSE TO GAUGE THE QUEUE TIME FOR GROUND PVP! Guess this means I"ll have to build an entirely NEW wing onto the fleet for just GSF.

Seriously. how daft are you people? Adapt or die, buddy.

I have seen this from so many people, they refuse to fix resolve and it allows stun-locking (hint, the moment the bar fills it should break you out of CC) and the fact they offer a PvP option with non-of that crap in it, people flock to it. Amazing huh?

Quit twisting what other people post to make it fit with your personal agenda when what they said has nothing to do with it.

Well that's pretty hard. GSF is PvP, it has quests tied to it, there just happens to be a PvP terminal on fleet, as a dev, where would I put those new PvP quests? NOT ON THE PvP TERMINAL!!!! MY GOD, PEOPLE ARE USING THOSE TO GAUGE THE QUEUE TIME FOR GROUND PVP! Guess this means I"ll have to build an entirely NEW wing onto the fleet for just GSF.

Seriously. how daft are you people? Adapt or die, buddy.

Yeah because simply moving the GSF mission to some other box would be such a big deal. They could have placed it on the PvE box, where people usually don't hang out anyway or on a new terminal next to ship vendor in the GTN section (I know it's not ship parts for GSF) And enough of the "PvP" argument. GSF has about as much in common with ground PvP as tennis has with football. Let's see how the football fans react when football sunday suddenly becomes tennis sunday. Because you know, it's all sport. Edited by MidichIorian

Yeah because simply moving the GSF mission to some other box would be such a big deal. They could have placed it on the PvE box, where people usually don't hang out anyway or on a new terminal next to ship vendor in the GTN section (I know it's not ship parts for GSF) And enough for the "PvP" argument. GSF has about as much in common with ground PvP as tennis has with football. Let's see how the football fans react football sunday suddenly becomes tennis sunday. Because you know, it's all sport.

How do you figure a game mode where 12 players fight 12 players for objectives isn't PVP? Have you even ever considered that those "ground" PVP players you're talking about may just enjoy all forms of PVP?

You're entitled to your own opinions, but we're entitled to shove logic in your general direction.

Edited by Brimmer

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that he did unsub, and that he's heading over to play Legends of Equestria, where he can indulge in all of his Brony fantasies.

That's out finally i can fullfill my pony fantasies. My brother said I couldn't play twilight sparkle in D&D so i'll just play that (it was going to be a wizard and the race that takes animal form and I was going to take unicorn/pony).

That's out finally i can fullfill my pony fantasies. My brother said I couldn't play twilight sparkle in D&D so i'll just play that (it was going to be a wizard and the race that takes animal form and I was going to take unicorn/pony).

Roll your dice to see if brohoof works? :p

Yeah because simply moving the GSF mission to some other box would be such a big deal. They could have placed it on the PvE box, where people usually don't hang out anyway or on a new terminal next to ship vendor in the GTN section (I know it's not ship parts for GSF) And enough for the "PvP" argument. GSF has about as much in common with ground PvP as tennis has with football. Let's see how the football fans react football sunday suddenly becomes tennis sunday. Because you know, it's all sport.

Well when I'm changing channels on my TV, the guide shows all sports as green to differentiate them from other programs. So that would mean since I HATE tennis, I should force Comcast make tennis matches pink on my guide, so I can accurately tell which sports are football and which are tennis. And your pejorative differentiation of GSF and ground PvP destroys any credence your opinion may have.