Why are gunships small and agile?

SmallKiwi

Makes no sense. There's no downside to playing a gunship. Currently they are unkillable because they can just stay within jump range of their spawn point while picking off whoever they like, then warp back and let turrets kill any chasers should they come under attack. Gunships should be much larger and much slower. It boggles my mind that they made it into the game in their current state.

If you're going to copy a game like Star Conflict, at LEAST learn from their balance and design choices.

Edited by SmallKiwi

Yeah, OP is playing a different game than me. When I'm flying a gunship, no way do I feel "agile" ... if a scout or strike fighter notice me and get into a dogfight with me, I am in trouble.

Is there a reason you aren't just flying back to spawn when this happens? Its essentially unbeatable unless you have more than one enemy chasing you the whole way back

Holy bazookas Batman who thinks Gunships are agile and invincible??? wow just nope

Lol personally I dont play nothing but strike fighter and let me tell you I can eat me some slow gunships and lock on to the second one with a torp before the first one gets done rage slamming his keyboard. Gunships are far from invincible and agile. I actually think since the description says something along the lines of "good defensive armor" the lack thereof is unfair for gunship pilots. They need a buff in my opinion and quite a big one or if they are to remain so completely squishy make them have a 5k extra range on railguns.

People dying to these guys are just dumb once they all quit playing and they will gunship pilots will be a thing of the past because they are at a disadvantage make them harder for me to kill and make those guys have a better chance at being pro like the rest of us.

+1 /signed for gunship buff on armor or range

I dont know how players manage to kill them with scouts. Ive fought many fully upgraded ones already that I cant even get through their shields while pumping volley after volley into them. As soon as I get close they just run back to their spawn.

Obviously the ones that just sit there when you focus them but theres very few on my server that would do that.

Edited by Tellenn