Returning Player Seeking Up to Date Lore

Foxtrotmikelima

So as the title says. Im a returning player. I got into TOR when it first launched and played the game for a while til I kind of needed a break. At which point I didnt return til now.

Now Im well aware of most of the storylines and how they end up. Even though I didnt complete the storylines for my characters. Ive done my best to stay appraised of what happened down the road.

But beyond that I dont know what has come of the storyline since. I understand that with the game going Free to Play things have changed and the Rise of the Hutt Cartel added somethings to game including some storyline (or not this is why Im posting). Now as I return for the Free of Rails Space PvP Im under the impression that the Cold War is over and things are heating up.

It be greatly appreciated if someone could catch me up on the overall galactic storyline changes.

So as the title says. Im a returning player. I got into TOR when it first launched and played the game for a while til I kind of needed a break. At which point I didnt return til now.

Now Im well aware of most of the storylines and how they end up. Even though I didnt complete the storylines for my characters. Ive done my best to stay appraised of what happened down the road.

But beyond that I dont know what has come of the storyline since. I understand that with the game going Free to Play things have changed and the Rise of the Hutt Cartel added somethings to game including some storyline (or not this is why Im posting). Now as I return for the Free of Rails Space PvP Im under the impression that the Cold War is over and things are heating up.

It be greatly appreciated if someone could catch me up on the overall galactic storyline changes.

Actually the Cold War ended between Act 2 and Act 3.

Actually the Cold War ended between Act 2 and Act 3.

Well now I just feel like an idiot...I was much more focused on individual player storyline development I never thought to pay attention to the bigger picture.

I was aware of the Emperors death but not the end of the Cold War. Although now that I think of it...Killing an Empires Emperor is kind of screaming war.

Non-class-specific events happening from the end of the Cold War:

• -The Second Galactic War begins [between Act II and Act III]

• -The Republic wins the Battle for Corellia, forcing the Empire off the world [Republic Act III, Black Hole daily area for both factions]

• -Rebelling against the Empire, Darth Malgus forms the "New Empire" and attacks both the Empire and Republic forces on Ilum. His forces are defeated on Ilum and he is eventually tracked down and presumed killed on the Emperor's Space Station [Battle of Ilum and False Emperor Flashpoints]

• -Rogue Tionese scientist Dr. Lorrick weaponizes the Rakghoul Plague and attempts to use it to conquer the Tion Hegemony [Rakghoul Outbreak one-time world event, Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island Flashpoints]

• -The Dread Masters rebel against the Empire and form their own faction (these all take place concurrently with most of the other events):
    • --They attack Hutt worlds causing Karagga the Hutt to turn hostile to the Empire and Republic [Karagga's Palace Operation, background for Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion]
    • --They take control of both Imperial forces and Republic mercenaries to take control of Denova and its resources [Explosive Conflict Operation]
    • --They invade the Gree world Asation to activate a massive Hypergate, unleashing the Terror From Beyond [Terror From Beyond Operation]
    • --They seize control of a large area of Belsavis [Section X daily area]
    • --They raid the Empire's Arcanuum storehouse and steal the Seeds of Rage artifacts, using them to spread corruption on several worlds around the galaxy [Seeds of Rage Seeker Droid quest chain in RotHC]
    • --They attempt to take control of a mercenary army on Darvannis that the Hutt Cartel was gathering, but one of the Dread Masters is killed [Scum and Villainy Operation]
    • --Their base of operations is discovered on Oricon. They defeat a Republic large Republic force sent to attack them and fight against both Imperial and Republic forces on the moon, but are eventually defeated [Oricon daily area, Dread Fortress and Dread Palace Operations]

[*]-A fleet of Gree ships returns to known space. In response, the Chevin Conglomerate announces a Grand Acquisition Race to gather artifacts they intend to offer the Gree to appease them [Grand Acquisition Race one-time world event]

[*]-The ancient Gree starship, the Gray Secant appears on Ilum. The Gree Enclave reach out to both the Empire and Republic to fight on Ilum to provide data for the Secant in exchange for valuable Gree technology [Relics of the Gree recurring world event]

[*]-After the death of Supreme Mogul Karagga the Hutt [Karagga's Palace Operation] Toborro the Hutt becomes the Cartel's new Supreme Mogul and begins expanding. The Hutt Cartel invades Makeb and seizes the planet's powerful Isotope-5 resources. Their mining operations seem to doom the planet to destruction, but the Republic is able to rescue the planet's population and defeat Toborro while the Empire secretly stabilizes the planet, allowing them to mine the Isotope-5 themselves. The Cartel is defeated and forced into an alliance with the Republic and the Empire seizes control of Makeb [Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion].

[*]-An infamous criminal mastermind known as The Shroud plans attacks on both the Empire and Republic but is defeated [The Shroud Macro-binocular quest chain in RotHC]

[*]-The Republic begins to seize Czerka Corporation's assets, holding the company responsible for a long history of illegal activities. Some of Czerka's administrators defect to the Empire in response. Czerka's research outpost CZ-198] goes into a lock-down to protect the technology Czerka is developing there. The Empire and Republic both send forces to CZ-198 to seize control of it [CZ-198 daily area, Czerka Corporate Labs and Czerka Core Meltdown flashpoints]

Edited by DarthDymond