do cartel packs sell on the gtn?

benjp

If you allow the time binder to run out, sure. But the price you'd get is mostly around 300 K...less if you're being undercut all the time. Best thing to do is to wait a few weeks until they are embargoed again, then list it.

Of course...a lot of other players are doing this. Timing is everything.

Well... I regularly sell new cartel packs for 350-450k each when a new pack comes out.

Waiting is a gamble tho... but since the ones in the current hypercrate are embargoed again soon, it might pay off...

But then again, you make around 7-12 million credits off a regular hypercrate if sold separately, so if that is enough of a payoff for you, then go for it.

are you better off selling the crate or opening them up and selling the items within?

That's a matter of luck. People buy the crates in hopes of getting one of the items in them that are worth a lot, either to sell them, or because they want them and don't want to pay the stand-alone price (on those items usually millions). You could open one, get lucky and make 15 million, or you could open one and get a bunch of things that combined won't sell for 50k. That's the thrill of the pack; do you feel lucky punk? Well, do ya?

Was thinking of using CC grant and buy a crime lord pack. Would it sell if i put it up on the market for like 1mil or whatever it goes for?

You're not going to get anywhere near that much for a crime lord pack right now because anyone that wants one can buy them off the CM. You'll be able to sell it, but it will be for the prices that the currently available packs go for. If you're patient, you can leave them in your cargo bay and sell them awhile after they are no longer available. I've generally sold the ones that are no longer available for 800k to 1.2 mil credits.

You know, it makes me wonder how those credit selling websites make any money. One could spend $10 on some virus ridden, cc# stealing foreign website for 100k or I could spend $3.20 on the SWTORT website for 300k

Yeah, I don't think they have done very well on this game. When F2P first launched, they were advertising for $27 for 1 million credits in chat.....more recently, I've seen that down to $10 to $13, which is still more expensive than you can get by buying stuff off the CM and selling it on the GTN. Basically, we already have a built-in method to gold farm for ourselves and don't really need a third-party for that.

Generally what kinds of things from the packs sell well?

You're not going to get anywhere near that much for a crime lord pack right now because anyone that wants one can buy them off the CM. .

But you can only buy them as part of a 24 pack right? So that means you can't just pick one up from the market

Edited by loudent

OP, your best bet is to buy as many of the packs as you can, then keep them in your cargo hold for 2 months. Then sell the packs unopened.

Right now the price is the lowest it will be for these packs for probably the next 6 months at least. They are unlikely to release these packs again for a long time. The longer you wait to sell, the higher the price will be.

Personally I would sell them unopened. If you open it, you could get something awesome like an Ambassador's Hoverchair which will then sell for far more than the pack. But you might just get some of the more common gear and sell for much less.

If you don't need any of the stuff for yourself and just want to make money, sell unopened, you have a better chance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.