Ships should be Legacy!

bigsexee

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. The Ships and upgrades need to be Account or Legacy.

Sure some things can be per a character.

But if they want almost $20 per a ship OR 5,000 points handed out at 40-70 per a match (about 20 hours of gameplay at 10 minutes a match)

Then yes. these should not be per a character.

the game business model is in a huge mess atm not being able to decide whether to go F2P, P2P with F2P being ridiculously restrictive to the point of being poked and prodded and constantly reminded what you cant do as a free player to the point of being unable to even do a basic trade to being a subscribed member and paying monthly for the game only to find yourself paying more than just your sub for other things cause " everyone else is doing it" and in the case of these ships, yes... i do believe that they should be account based unlocks considering the amount you pay for a single ship is the same as paying for most Expansions.

the game business model is in a huge mess atm not being able to decide whether to go F2P, P2P with F2P being ridiculously restrictive to the point of being poked and prodded and constantly reminded what you cant do as a free player to the point of being unable to even do a basic trade to being a subscribed member and paying monthly for the game only to find yourself paying more than just your sub for other things cause " everyone else is doing it" and in the case of these ships, yes... i do believe that they should be account based unlocks considering the amount you pay for a single ship is the same as paying for most Expansions.

Agreed. I really wish they would remove a lot of the restrictions. I mean The game is the most restrictive F2P model I have run into, and the closest Pay 2 Win AAA title out there.. The worst of both worlds.

I thought it would be legacy wide as well. There would be more of an incentive to play that way.

I mean if the time invesment was not so huge I could accept individual characters. But just to max out 1 ship is a huge time investment.. atleast based on how fast the points are coming in at this time..

Maybe if they tripled the amount of points we get across the board.. then it would feel a bit better.

But then.. Still $20 for 1 ship per a character is just robbery.

But if they want almost $20 per a ship OR 5,000 points handed out at 40-70 per a match (about 20 hours of gameplay at 10 minutes a match)

how do you manage to only get 5k from 20 hours gameplay by then i had bought a new ship and upgraded most equipment to tier 2 and switched out a few.

can agree that they should be legacy wide, after all they do call it fleet, so it makes perfect sense then that all my characters should be able to play all ships, or atleast let the fleet commendations be legacy wide.

I agree completely. Well said!

At the very least cosmetic things should be bound to legacy (if I buy paint job X on my main I should gain access to it on all my alts within logical faction restrictions of course). In essence if it's bought with CC it should be legacy wide.

I'm not sure about the whole unlocking components legacy wide though. We can't do that for gear in the ground game so I see no reason for it to be done on GSF.

This. Make use of that Legacy system, Bioware!

Agreed. I really wish they would remove a lot of the restrictions. I mean The game is the most restrictive F2P model I have run into, and the closest Pay 2 Win AAA title out there.. The worst of both worlds.

Man get over yourselves they have to work and get paid. DO you worlk for free NOOO! so just quit it

agreed as well. just as in the other expansions, there was legacy perks and ground game items ranging from mounts to crafting schematics. i believe that tieing gsf to legacy and going with a reputation or legacy based system as done previously would tie it in even better with the ground game and give players a reason to want to excel and achieve reputation or legacy in gsf .

If you buy armour.....do you get it on all your other characters? No.......why should the space portion be any different?

Man get over yourselves they have to work and get paid. DO you worlk for free NOOO! so just quit it

you really not realizing how much cash EA is generating with the cartel stuff? o.o This is NOT an indie game and they're NOT indie developers. They'll get payed anyway.

Agree please make ships legacy wide

As much as I'm loving this new gameplay I will only be doing this

On one character

Why would you play this on more than one toon when there is no need or advantage to do so unless you're using GSF as a lowbie leveler? It's not like ground PvP where you have to grind out different gear sets for each alt. I for one am only going to be using one toon to play GSF and that's a lowbie I'm currently leveling.

If you buy armour.....do you get it on all your other characters? No.......why should the space portion be any different?

Because your class and character have nothing to do with the space game. If they played ANY part in it (other than companion selection) it would matter. But they don't, the ships you fly are your class, not the character you're logged into.

All that having it character based does is funnel you into only ever participating in it on one character (per side), as there's absolutely no reason or incentive to do it on more than one. That means that you can't do other things on other characters while you wait for the queue to pop. You have to sit on your main.

Agreed.

There must have been some reason for not doing it, because just choosing not to do it would be utter ridiculousness.

I was told that someone asked about this at the cantina event where people were given access to GS. They said that they originally intended it to carry across characters but they ran into technical issues. That may or may not be true, but it would be a good explanation.