Raids cleared already...

gatestone

Unreal... just unreal.

All those that are disagreeing with the OP do not understand the ramifications of this being okay.

You all pay 15 bucks a month to play Skyrim? or Fallout? MMO's should last us years. At this pace (and no, people weren't clearing raid content 3 DAYS after launch) even the most avid ToR fan will be saying "Soooo... what now?" before their free month is up.

Unreal... just unreal.

All those that are disagreeing with the OP do not understand the ramifications of this being okay.

You all pay 15 bucks a month to play Skyrim? or Fallout? MMO's should last us years. At this pace (and no, people weren't clearing raid content 3 DAYS after launch) even the most avid ToR fan will be saying "Soooo... what now?" before their free month is up.

You miss the part where the people that did these raids already were mostly general testers that have already been through the content and those same people are also the ones that pre-ordered day one and have been playing for well over a week already.

Your 3 days since launch is /fail.

Unreal... just unreal.

You're trying to draw conclusions while only seeing 1% of a bell curve. That doesn't work.

People cleared LVL 80 Naxx in WotLK within three days of the WoW expansion going live...never doubt the ability of pimply nerds ion large groups.

Yeah true, but naxx25 was also a joke. Not to mention a lot of the top guilds had alread had experience with naxx40, which was truly difficult.

Even with new players, naxx25 wasnt all that hard, it was a few bosses with somewhat tricky game mechanics, the rest were a joke. I thimk my guilds first night in there cleared Anub, Raz, Faerlina, Maexx, and Noth. 23 of the 25 people never stepped foot in there during vanilla. The only with any experience were me and my friend who was also healer, we pretty much xpained all strats and made it happn. This was also withinthe second week of wotlks release. There also a f3w horde and alliance guilds that had full clears, and were in no way top end guilds.

So ... it wasn't you who cleared these raids? Cool, nothing to see here. Come back when you're 50, have cleared the raids and are decked out in best PvE gear, then go and get the best PvP gear.

I don't understand how something someone else does influences the game YOU play at all. Just because someone else clears the raids means you can't anymore? Or is this a collective effort like when people say "We won!" when their favorite sports team wins a game?

They shouldn't allow the raids to be tested at all by players. This is where Blizzard fails. Their PTR always allows pretty much every boss encounter to be tested and before it even goes live the strategies are posted on a thousand websites.

well....i guess since 90-95 percent of players found wotlk too hard...yeah...yeah i do wish content was hard enough that only 5-10 percent of the player base could complete it.

no im fine with easyish raids as long as the content can be delivered on a regular basis. I know in wow we sat around waiting for months and months waiting for new raids that were just as easy to clear....granted i never bothered with hard modes which is my own fault. I always kinda figured if the regular mode was super easy then the hard modes were probably not much more difficult but who knows i guess. im still gonna try it on my own, just worried i might not enjoy it too much. just was curious if anyone shared my same thoughts mr. LOLOLOLAMIRITEGUY?!?!

Basic level raids are meant to be PUgable, Heroic is meant to be the Coordinated Guild level, and Nightmare mode the hardcore.

You miss the part where the people that did these raids already were mostly general testers that have already been through the content and those same people are also the ones that pre-ordered day one and have been playing for well over a week already.

Your 3 days since launch is /fail.

^this.

Also, there are a lot of videos on explaining all the tactics, and there are still only a couple of guilds that have cleared NORMAL mode.

I doubt anyone will clear stuff in Nightmare until at least 1+ month down the line. Even then, there will be new content where there probably won't have been beta testers who have done them 50+ times already in beta testing so everyone will have a fair chance at it.

I'll bet that none of the guilds getting server firsts and stuff NOW, will be the first when the first patch comes with new raid content, as people will start of on a more equal level, all geared out and everything. They wont stand a chance against the 'real' hardcore raiders.

Heck, I'm clearing hard-mode flashpoints with my guild(those that works anyway) and some bosses takes 10-20 wipes to get the tactics right, especially if you lack a CCer or a good class with interrupts. The game will probably prove to be enough of a challenge to casuals, as long as they don't start nerfing it.

Why do you care anyway? There will always be people rushing through content, no matter what MMO you play.

You could delay it like in WoW:BC with attunement as a timesink, but still doesn't really do much other than serve as a nuisance.

- Elim

does that worry anyone else or is just me? i enjoy a challenge and that seems a little too fast xD makes me feel like raiding will be super easy.

Raiding in general is super easy, unless you're herding a bunch of cats around trying to get them to follow simple instructions.

Unreal... just unreal.

All those people who cleared the content were early invites so its more like 10 days for them.

Second.. Basic level raiding is like LFR level in WoW meant to be puggable, if they wanted challenge(vs epeen) they would have skipped to Heroic which is the intention.

People cleared LVL 80 Naxx in WotLK within three days of the WoW expansion going live...never doubt the ability of pimply nerds ion large groups.

Please dont use WOTLK as a comparison TBC is where the content stopped and the copy pasting started. Also is the main reason people got bored, as you gear your toon to stand about /flexing.

On another note thats why there is hardmode and nightmare.

Edited by Wrexad

...unless you're herding a bunch of cats around trying to get them to follow simple instructions.

agreed. cats are cool and everything but if were to pick any animal to follow simple instruction it'd have to be sheepdogs.

then you'd just need a decent whistle.

As to the OP, as stated before, beta testers will have played through a lot of the content already and would likely have a better grasp of controls, have watched the story, discovered what classes they enjoy most etc.

it will be a small proportion of the player base. I'd imagine content patches might come on a similar release pattern as DLC.

EA titles have a habit of releasing DLC right at launch. I would hazard a guess there is already additional content thats been created and they'll release it in leu.

TL;DR

folks from beta might have power levelled to raid now, new content has probably already been created and being held back for a bit, sheepdogs can raid better than cats.

Does it bother me that the people who have been raiding these instances for the last year or so, already have full video guides up based on their beta experiences have already cleared the raids... no.

have you cleared them?

How does it affect you in any way if you havent.