The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sith Empire vs Galactic Empire

BacaWicket

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough Call...The Sith Empire has lower quality of average trooper, but they do have many many sith to use on the front lines...On the other hand, the Storm Troopers have faced lightsaber wielding opponents before... Though, we can't forget that the Galactic Empire has a vastly superior navy in both size and power...

We had this debate a while ago, and for some god-only-known reason, the Sith Empire won. However the Galactic Empire weren't allowed super weapons (Though neither were the SE)

Personally, it'll come down to an all out battle at the Death Star IMO...

What? How did the Sith Empire beat the Galactic Empire, even with no super weapons? I mean, even without super weapons, the Galactic Empire is still stronger due to their war ships and tactics... Not like the Galactic Empire didn't have force users of their own either.

What? How did the Sith Empire beat the Galactic Empire, even with no super weapons? I mean, even without super weapons, the Galactic Empire is still stronger due to their war ships and tactics... Not like the Galactic Empire didn't have force users of their own either.

*Shrugs* Was the Vitiate vs Sidious kaggath, and of course, they both had their entire empires...

*Shrugs* Was the Vitiate vs Sidious kaggath, and of course, they both had their entire empires...

It was the tech equalized rule thing.

But anyway if they are able to bring to bear everything then GE stomp, they made such ridiculous super weapons. Without the super weps they still stomp, due to them having superior naval forces and ground forces. The only thing the SE has that the GE in quaintity is lightsaber opponents...but then again, they weren't really shown anything special and were shown to be taken down by troops(Hope trailer, aside from Jace throwing 2 over his shoulder you do also see several Sith Warriors just run headlong into blaster fire and one gets shot down while another gets thrown over a random troops shoulder).

Granted it was Havoc squad, but with the Stormtroopers and the specialized Stormtroopers within already the elite Stormtroopers I could see them being victorious(Dark Troopers could also be deadly if they are allowed). Especially seeing as there isn't plot armor involved.

Ground vehicles....I haven't seen anything powerful enough from the SE ground vehicle wise, to suggest they could even take out an AT-AT, among with the AT-ST they should be fine among other ground vehicles the GE employed.

Naval specs...the only fighter I ever see the SE navy use is the Mark VI Supremacy fighter.

Along with the bombers they have.

GE has a multitude of Starfighters they can deploy out to combat those easy.

As far as starships/support ships, alright well...SE the Harrow dreadnaughts and Terminus destroyers I see the only things being worth a damn for their navy.

The GE again has many ships at their disposal to combat against them.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

In reference to the ewoks....http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=700555

And it was more of an outpost than an entire planetary control...The majority of Endor is untouched, except for where they put the imperial outpost. It is a planet off out of the way of...well...everything...

Edited by Silenceo

A group of native bunnys known as the Ewoks took out a planet of the Galactic Empie. Why would this be a debate? The strom troopers have the worst aim in the history of fiction. Come on. The US army would crush the G Empire.

Sure...

Yeah...

Yes that clearly shows Stormtroopers being terrible shots. It's also not like they haven't won engagments during the GCW either, yes Stormtroopers clearly suck...

Oh...

wait.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Nah Death Star should do fine.

Yeah, but you have to actually go there with it and leave it vulnerable to attack. With the Galaxy Gun you can just tell them you have a giant gun pointed at their heart and demand their surrender. It would be a hopeless situation for the Sith Empire.

Yeah, but you have to actually go there with it and leave it vulnerable to attack. With the Galaxy Gun you can just tell them you have a giant gun pointed at their heart and demand their surrender. It would be a hopeless situation for the Sith Empire.

Well either way, both could do the job.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Granted, the SE does not have schematics of the Death Star so would not know its weakness. That may allow the Death Star to just pummel its way to above DK and blast it to space dust. Besides, they may not believe that the GE could use snipe their capital so easily, so Death Star would be a more...visible symbol of terror to them. I mean, the thing makes the Executor look like a star fighter!

Granted, the SE does not have schematics of the Death Star so would not know its weakness. That may allow the Death Star to just pummel its way to above DK and blast it to space dust. Besides, they may not believe that the GE could use snipe their capital so easily, so Death Star would be a more...visible symbol of terror to them. I mean, the thing makes the Executor look like a star fighter!

Personally, I prefer the terror you can't see over the terror you can.

The Sith Empire overwhelmed them with the power of the Force! No but really, its was extremely close but the Force Users tipped it in Sith favour. You need to consider just how much an advantage that can prove on the battlefield against opponents who have no Force Users at all. And they like numbered in the tens of thousands.

If you want to look at the debate see here.

Edited by Beniboybling

The Sith Empire overwhelmed them with the power of the Force! No but really, its was extremely close but the Force Users tipped it in Sith favour. You need to consider just how much an advantage that can prove on the battlefield against opponents who have no Force Users at all. And they like numbered in the tens of thousands.

If you want to look at the debate see here.

I'm questioning that now, cause the Sith guys in the Hope trailer just ran headlong into blaster fire with one of them getting shot down, then another getting tossed over a trooper's shoulder.

Sure they would have melee advantage, but they really seemed to lack any ranged attacks in The Force and just charged right on in.

They just....CHARGED right on in, getting shot(the one in the back) and the other getting thrown over a shoulder of a trooper. None of them even bothered to defend themselves. I'm also pretty sure one of them got a rifle stock to the face! (Near the end of the charge before showing Jace, you can see a trooper smashing his rifle on one of the Sith warriors I think.)

They seem to have a massive superiority complex.

I have to question that just because they have these Sith Warriors, they would have any real advantage other than close melee combat. Even then at melee, they seemed easily tossed aside by the troops.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I believe Darth Vader said it best:

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the Force.

There's your answer.

The SE doesn't have enough to counteract the super weapons of the Death Star or Galaxy Gun, no one in the TOR timeframe has shown planetary level destruction. When I mean planetary level destruction....I mean, it's gone.

Unless I have missed something where a Sith Lord destroyed a world or w/e using nothing but The Force, then I don't see it happening.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm questioning that now, cause the Sith guys in the Hope trailer just ran headlong into blaster fire with one of them getting shot down, then another getting tossed over a trooper's shoulder.

Sure they would have melee advantage, but they really seemed to lack any ranged attacks in The Force and just charged right on in.

They just....CHARGED right on in, getting shot(the one in the back) and the other getting thrown over a shoulder of a trooper. None of them even bothered to defend themselves. I'm also pretty sure one of them got a rifle stock to the face! (Near the end of the charge before showing Jace, you can see a trooper smashing his rifle on one of the Sith warriors I think.)

They seem to have a massive superiority complex.

I have to question that just because they have these Sith Warriors, they would have any real advantage other than close melee combat. Even then at melee, they seemed easily tossed aside by the troops.

I don't feel that's a very accurate evidence, those troopers to whom you refer were elite Republic Special Forces unit far superior to your average soldier, and on top of that they had years of experience fighting Force Sensitive warriors.

Yet despite that if not for the entry of Satele Shan they would have been destroyed, after the intial butt kicking you see several scenes of them getting chopped down. And I doubt those Sith who suffered blows to the head or got thrown over shoulders died. The troopers however most certainly.

How do you feel an average Stormtrooper would compare? I certainly doubt they'd be capable of charging in that manner. They are not Special Forces, and they have no experience against Force Sensitive opponents. Nor do they favour close combat tactics which are clearly what is effective against these guys, they are ranged. And all the Sith will do is charge in, deflect their blaster fire, and hack them into shreds. One Sith could decimate a squadron.

And then you have their ground troops, who in all honesty are likely superior to Stormtroopers. Yes they are elite soldiers but they were no Clone Troopers, the strength of the Imperial Military was in its numbers not its skill, and you simply can't expect troopers being enlisted all over the galaxy to be of continual exceptional skill.

On the other hand it was mandatory for all Imperial citizens to undergo military training and altogether they had an extremely martial society. For that reason they'd likely on par with a Clone Trooper, given both had very military drive lives, accept they would have none of the disadvantages of non-independent thought.