Dyes Special

DewyMossEmpire

yay chance to spend real $$ on cosmetic so we can sell them on market for in game credits we could earn by actually playing the game! yay!:rolleyes:

Well, some of us have jobs that prohibit playing to the extent of making millions of credits easily.

I for one will be buying these for real cash so that I can not only sell them if I want to, but not have to buy them for millions of credits in-game.

This lets me, you know, actually play the game instead of grind the same missions over and over to make credits.

So please, get off your high horse.

I'm pretty sure they are Bind on Pickup.

They are not.

EDIT: Well, they do have the normal cartel item bind time of 32 hours, but other than that, not bound.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Well, Black on Black will be posted tomorrow followed by White on Black on Sunday according to BW. I certainly do appreciate it as they make great gifts for the "dye" hard fans.

They are bind on pick up when you first get them, but the BoP drops off to Bind on Equip after 32 hours or so.

As for spending money on dyes? To each his own. Reselling them can make you some good creds but using them can give you some really unique looks. And they are rare... you will see a few more around the fleet in the coming days but after a while demand will sky rocket again. Buying and holding one may make you a bundle later.

I like white on white. It looks great on my Shadow. So, OP, don't let the bitter crowd bother you. The rare dyes are a nice option.

Edited by Rafaman

For the OP:

Yup! In fact I actually just got the entire schedule:

Black // Dark Purple - 11AM CST Tuesday 11/26 - 11AM CST Wednesday 11/27

Black // White - 11AM CST Wednesday 11/27 - 11AM CST Thursday 11/28

White // White - 11AM CST Thursday 11/28 - 11AM CST Friday 11/29

Black // Black - 11AM CST Friday 11/29 - 11AM CST Sunday 12/1

White // Black - 11AM CST Sunday 12/1 - Maintenance on Tuesday 12/3

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Well, some of us have jobs that prohibit playing to the extent of making millions of credits easily.

I for one will be buying these for real cash so that I can not only sell them if I want to, but not have to buy them for millions of credits in-game.

This lets me, you know, actually play the game instead of grind the same missions over and over to make credits.

So please, get off your high horse.

First of all dailies like CZ-1something and Oricon even easy ones like black hole will give you over 100k in rewards, loot and booty under 1 hour.

want big cash with dailies? do makeb weekly + makeb dailies + GSI weekly on makeb case they are all on same place and you got 300-500k right there.

do some weekly missions like ops, TFB and S&V especially got some sick credits drops I got up to operator IX on HM like 300k credits from trash mobs there... sick....

want real big big cash? play GTN. wait for new pack purchase full sets and new weapons from people under 10k sell them after month or two for over milion credits piece. example... black nebula pistol used to sell for 100-150 k back then now it's over 2.5 mil. and counting... also speeders and pets are great for this trick.

now comes the question why do you need credits in swtor? maybe some vanity items.. maybe asve you the trouble of gearing alts or something but mostly all the good stuff is drops or crafting then just play the game....

You can make a couple of million just by casual endgame play within a week. If you play the GTN, you can make that in a day.

I got nothing against cash-for-dyes schemes, but EA overdid it by making dyes one-time use. GW2 also has a cash-for-dyes RNG scheme, but there you at least have per-character dye library you can use on all your armor pieces indefinitely and in whatever combo you want once you got them.

First of all dailies like CZ-1something and Oricon even easy ones like black hole will give you over 100k in rewards, loot and booty under 1 hour.

want big cash with dailies? do makeb weekly + makeb dailies + GSI weekly on makeb case they are all on same place and you got 300-500k right there.

do some weekly missions like ops, TFB and S&V especially got some sick credits drops I got up to operator IX on HM like 300k credits from trash mobs there... sick....

want real big big cash? play GTN. wait for new pack purchase full sets and new weapons from people under 10k sell them after month or two for over milion credits piece. example... black nebula pistol used to sell for 100-150 k back then now it's over 2.5 mil. and counting... also speeders and pets are great for this trick.

now comes the question why do you need credits in swtor? maybe some vanity items.. maybe asve you the trouble of gearing alts or something but mostly all the good stuff is drops or crafting then just play the game....

And what part of "actually play the game instead of grind the same missions over and over to make credits" did you not understand?

I want to play the different classes and experience the storyline, not do the same boring missions over and over at end-game just to get cash.

So I use the CM to get cash instead.

and why not just do as everyone else did and send 100k to your alt (takes like 20 minutes on BH to earn) and gain cash from planetary missions?

why a level 20-30 character needs 5 mil credits from that dye? you make no sense.

I use the cash to buy the cartel outfits that I want instead of buying cartel pack after cartel pack hoping to randomly get the outfits/items I want.

And then I send that to my alts.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Although, now that you mentioned it, since your alts don't need millions, how about you send your extra millions to me instead?

Then I won't have to spend my hard earned cash on stuff to sell for a quick credit in the game, and I won't have to break your rules for how to play the game.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Very nice to see the rare dyes up for sale on the CM. They had the Black on White dye, & now it is White on White, & there were a few prior too as well.

I hope they will add the White on Black as well‼ Seems like each day is a new one. *Crosses fingers*

White/Black is Sunday. I'm keeping up with all the black friday weekend sales, including SWTOR for anyone interested. They posted up a dye schedule a week ago-ish.

In This Thread: Passive aggressive posts by people who can't afford to buy the dye specials.

Those of you who can afford it, more power to you. Those folks who make the 147 million credits per week in dailies will be tickled pink to buy your listed black/black dyes.