The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Revan vs Darth Maul

XSUPREMESKILLZX

Because Revan's showings in the Force vastly surpass that of Kenobi's?

There is a reason why he didn't make the REAL Most Powerful Jedi list and Revan did.

Especially Revan's defense, tbh. Obi-Wan really doesn't do that well defending against Force attacks. Revan blocked Force Lightning with his hands.

Beni, you're taking too long to make analysis threads about everybody :p

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Revan's showings in the Force vastly surpass that of Kenobi's?

There is a reason why he didn't make the REAL Most Powerful Jedi list and Revan did.

Ok so what has Revan shown then? Because I know Obi-Wan has shown some stuff that Revan hasn't, this is vis versa however too.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I am? I've actually got a few lined up and am making more, but the plan was to release them once a week...

Considering that the superiority of Revan over Obi-Wan in terms of Force usage is now in question, I'd say you might be. Not to mention, the Kreia/Darth Traya analysis was a nice read, and I'm just a curious person.

Ok so what has Revan shown then? Because I know Obi-Wan has shown some stuff that Revan hasn't, this is vis versa however too.
Revan obliterated a Dark Council member without breaking a sweat, defeated Darth Malak empowered by the Star Forge, lifted and launched multiple miniature asteroids in combat, could redirect lightning with his lightsaber achieved oneness with the Force on such a scale that he was able to unleash his power as pure Force energy and managed to hold out against the lightning of the Sith Emperor himself who possessed a ridiculous amount of power great enough to challenge Darth Sidious in a Force based engagement - which very few could do. And finally on being defeated and imprisoned he was still able to probe and manipulate the mind of the Emperor for hundreds of years.

Kenobi on the other hand was a competent master of telekinesis, and was thrown about like a ragdoll like Darth Maul and Dooku. I'd say Revan is quite clearly the superior Force User.

Kenobi unfortunately, cannot even challenge the likes of Satele Shan and the Jedi Exile.

Edited by Beniboybling

Revan obliterated a Dark Council member without breaking a sweat, defeated Darth Malak empowered by the Star Forge, lifted and launched multiple miniature asteroids in combat, could redirect lightning with his lightsaber achieved oneness with the Force on such a scale that he was able to unleash his power as pure Force energy and managed to hold out against the lightning of the Sith Emperor himself who possessed a ridiculous amount of power great enough to challenge Darth Sidious in a Force based engagement - which very few could do. And finally on being defeated and imprisoned he was still able to probe and manipulate the mind of the Emperor for hundreds of years.

Kenobi on the other hand was a competent master of telekinesis, and was thrown about like a ragdoll like Darth Maul and Dooku. I'd say Revan is quite clearly the superior Force User.

Kenobi unfortunately, cannot even challenge the likes of Satele Shan and the Jedi Exile.

Malak didn't show anything impressive tbh, as for the Dark Council member...that was Nyriss and her own lighting right? Ok so a show of Force Absorbtion then, alright, Obi-Wan has also shown Force Absorbtion.

Oneness with The Force isn't his own power.

Again show me what Revan could do with his own power. Also...Vitiate challenging Sidious...seriously?...Beni did your account get hacked or something? Are you the Beni we know?

Obi-Wan meanwhile has shown enough TK to move starships(Durge's ship), has the most powerful Force Push in his Jedi Order, able to make himself Immobile in The Force, Eletronic Manipulation and Beast Control.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Malak on the star forge owned 2 jedi knights/masters with TK and one-shotted one of them with lightning. I'd say he's pretty powerful.

edit: Always expect a thread involving Revan to exceed 10 pages ;)

But did they show anything impressive at all? Did they even have names?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Malak didn't show anything impressive tbh, as for the Dark Council member...that was Nyriss and her own lighting right? Ok so a show of Force Absorbtion then, alright, Obi-Wan has also shown Force Absorbtion.

Oneness with The Force isn't his own power.

Again show me what Revan could do with his own power. Also...Vitiate challenging the Emperor...seriously?...Beni did your account get hacked or something? Are you the Beni we know?

Malak was a powerful dark sider who could choke out multiple Jedi simultaneously and instantly. He is considerably powerful, and that is without been empowered by the Star Forge which made him even more powerful.

By deflecting Nyriss' most powerful attack with practiced ease Revan demonstrated that he was vastly superior to her in terms of Force ability, whereas all Kenobi has reflected are blaster bolts and flamethrowers. They don't even begin to compare. Nyriss being one of the most powerful members of the Sith Empire. He destroyed her.

Oneness with the Force isn't some mushroom you gobble down, its only achieved by those with powerful connections with the Force - the more powerful the connection, the more potent your oneness. Most individuals simply get a boost in speed, strength etc. Revan is unique in the sense that he was able to channel it into an attack.

And then of course we have his telekinetic feats which vastly outweight Kenobi's, the fact he could redirect powerful bolts of lightining back at their senders whereas Kenobi could only catch it and the fact that while Kenobi could be gripped and tossed by the likes of Dooku and Maul - the Sith Emperor himself was unable to do this to Revan.

And you are grossly grossly mistaken if you think I am a member of the crowd who think Sidious could one-shot the Sith Emperor or something like that. Or thinks that anyone who thinks the Sith Emperor is more powerful than Sidious is an ignorant troll. These people had reason, the Sith Emperor wields immense power and while in all categories Sidious surpasses him, the fact that a comparison can be made proves just how powerful he is.

After all did we not agree he was the 3rd most powerful Sith Lord ever? Kenobi would be gripped and promptly crushed. He is a Jedi Guardian by trade, his focus is not Force ability and he was not incredibly powerful in this field.

They were nonames, and were obliterated by Malak. Although, they had to get past some pretty heavy defenses to get there.

Malak is such an underrated character, tho.

Eh...not really good though. He is, but he never really did anything from what I saw. Was mostly a behind the scenes person.

Obviously not. But it's pretty commonplace that if someone can utterly own jedi knights/masters with the force, they're pretty powerful.
He also froze Bastila Shan on the spot. Most average Force Users can't do that.

He certainly lives in Revan's shadow, but that doesn't make him weak.

Edited by Beniboybling

Malak was a powerful dark sider who could choke out multiple Jedi simultaneously and instantly. He is considerably powerful, and that is without been empowered by the Star Forge which made him even more powerful.

By deflecting Nyriss' most powerful attack with practiced ease Revan demonstrated that he was vastly superior to her in terms of Force ability, whereas all Kenobi has reflected are blaster bolts and flamethrowers. They don't even begin to compare. Nyriss being one of the most powerful members of the Sith Empire. He destroyed her.

Oneness with the Force isn't some mushroom you gobble down, its only achieved by those with powerful connections with the Force - the more powerful the connection, the more potent your oneness. Most individuals simply get a boost in speed, strength etc. Revan is unique in the sense that he was able to channel it into an attack.

And then of course we have his telekinetic feats which vastly outweight Kenobi's, the fact he could redirect powerful bolts of lightining back at their senders whereas Kenobi could only catch it and the fact that while Kenobi could be gripped and tossed by the likes of Dooku and Maul - the Sith Emperor himself was unable to do this to Revan.

And you are grossly grossly mistaken if you think I am a member of the crowd who think Sidious could one-shot the Sith Emperor or something like that. Or thinks that anyone who thinks the Sith Emperor is more powerful than Sidious is an ignorant troll. These people had reason, the Sith Emperor wields immense power and while in all categories Sidious surpasses him, the fact that a comparison can be made proves just how powerful he is.

After all did we not agree he was the 3rd most powerful Sith Lord ever? Kenobi would be gripped and promptly crushed. He is a Jedi Guardian by trade, his focus is not Force ability and he was not incredibly powerful in this field.

Oneness isn't something he could just pull out whenever he wanted, is what I am getting at. It's not his own power to do so and pull it out whenever he is in trouble.

Ok yes I see, but Revan meanwhile hasn't shown himself to make himself Immobile with The Force, nor able to manipulate electronics or show beast control. Has he moved something the size of a starship or comparable?

I'm not talking about Force Barriers here or w/e, just what they are able to do using The Force is what I'm saying here.

By deflecting Nyriss' most powerful attack with practiced ease Revan demonstrated that he was vastly superior to her in terms of Force ability.

In your opinion.

With no backing.

Consider this, Marek did not have powerful enough Lightning to breach Vaders suit in their final duel, it simply wasn't enough, he needed the Pylons power. Therefore, the Pylons Electricity > Mareks Lightning, but Marek was still able to channel it through him like a conduit.

Revan is no different, and I fail to see how you do not understand that.

Does lobbing asteroids at fast speeds in succession count? Actually Drew Karpyshyn said in an e-mail that in the right mindset, Revan could collapse a building. Let me get said quote.

Drew Karpyshyn Email quotes don't count, there's a reason all Star Wars novels are screened for Character ability and inconsistencies.

In fact, having Karpyshyn say that has lowered my opinion of Revans powers :rolleyes:

Does lobbing asteroids at fast speeds in succession count? Actually Drew Karpyshyn said in an e-mail that in the right mindset, Revan could collapse a building. Let me get said quote.

Ehh...that's shown as a game mechanic though right? Unless he has actually done it in a novel or shown it in a comic, it's kinda hard to see as that as a legit feat rather than just making the boss harder.