*** Official PvE Self-Congratulations Forum ***

Satedbuffalo

Are you great? Are you just gosh darn amazing? Do you have a relentless need to be noticed and appreciated by your peers?

Welcome to the official PvE Self-Congratulations leaderboards for The Ebon Hawk. Note that this post is for PvE self-congratulations at level 55, and is not relevant to lowbie PvE or PvP writ large. Unless, you know, you really deserve it.

RULES

All self-congratulations must be posted here or directly linked from a post on this forum. The content may vary, but this area is reserved for acts of smugness, self-love, self-satisfaction, and general praise of one's one products. Posts outside of this topic are discouraged. If you would like to discuss the rules of this thread, please PM me personally, rather than disrupting those engaging in self-congratulation.

RANKINGS

Overall Self-Congratulations

Overall self-congratulations is an average of the other three categories and reserved for the most prolific of smugness.

Personal Self-Congratulations

Personal self-congratulations is for smugness related exclusively to yourself or characters you play.

1. ljenner

Honorable Mention:

NadirPalo

Group Self-Congratulations (groups of 2-16 accepted)

This ranking is reserved for groups of 2-16, not necessarily comprised entirely of a single guild, although this is allowed. Often, these rankings re held by operations groups.

1. CarneyBravo

Guild Smugness

This ranking is reserved for those guilds whose members are the most self-congratulatory, either personally or in reference to their guild.

Dishonorable Mentiions:

RgR_Bean

Edited by Satedbuffalo

Remember when we killed Grob'Thok and you taunted him?

That was awesome

Carneyy, I don't know you, but this is really inappropriate. Do you even know the definition of "awesome"? I use the purely theological definition of awesome, so I don't really see how this is relevant.

We're done. This is over. Please don't post here any more unless you have something constructive to add.

There was this one time....

When we killed Bestia in hard mode and I killed this add...

That was so awesome

Yeah I saw that! Awesome!

Remember we killed NM pilgrim first-got that buff from him, then we killed Toborro on HM-the healer only died once...

I think we killed Bestia cause you got that add...

Note that this post is for PvE self-congratulations at level 55, and is not relevant to lowbie PvE or PvP writ large. Unless, you know, you really deserve it.

I made it to the end of Korriban before reaching level 10 once. I think I really deserve some accolades, even though I was only level 9.

The words ‘gosh darn amazing’ were written just with me in mind, weren’t they? That was a rhetorical question, of course they were!

I hardly need any introduction – but for those of you unfortunate enough not to know me, my main is a mercenary healer named Kolten, and I’ve been gracing the swtor community with my presence since launch. That’s almost two years to accumulate as much skill as I have swirling around in my veins.

My supreme talents were noticed early on in my swtor days, as many of you are already well-aware. Back in its prime, <Empire> was the only guild that could handle the sheer amount of awe that I inspired. I’m so awesome I didn’t even have to apply to <Empire> – one of its members was (and still is) head-over-heals for me, and who wouldn’t be, really? Love-struck, he took the time to write out every word of the application for me because I had him wrapped around my pretty little finger. Even with a forged application, the officers of <Empire> just couldn't say no.

Why did I leave the guild after my reign as its prime mercenary healer, you ask? I left because things just weren’t enough of a challenge for me. Everyone knows I’m as wise as I am talented so I’ll leave you all with this little tidbit: never do anything unless it’s a challenge, folks, or else your awesomeness will get rusty. You can never be as great as I am, but don’t slack on trying to perfect yourselves just because you can’t meet my level.

Which leads me today to where I am now, healing in Satedbuffalo’s raid group – which, while certainly amazing in its own right, wouldn’t be nearly as impressive if I weren’t in its ranks. The other members of the team love me so much I can die from an Anti-Gravity Field over and over and the only response from them is an affectionate “oh, you!” as we all respawn for another pull. I can do no wrong in their eyes!

But let’s take a minute to talk about my heals, shall we?

Let’s be real, my Rapid Scan brings all the boys to the yard. Trinket and adrenal popped, I’m pushing 13k in 1.7 seconds. If I ever bothered to sneak into the dps group column to soak up a bloodthirst on top of that – well, I’ll let the math experts in my guild take care of the numbers there.

Kolto Shell? It heals on damage taken, sweethearts. That’s 13 times Satedbuffalo’s tank can get pelted and receive a touch of my healing love. I’m so awesome he just can’t wait to get that green bubble cast on him at the beginning of each boss fight.

Personally, I know people are jealous of my puddles of kolto. Revivification? Don’t sorcs realize that green is the color of healing, not purple? And Recuperative Nanotech? What even is that – some kind of cloud of insects buzzing around? Kolto Missile is clearly the superior choice of AoE heal - that tick-tick-tick of my HoT is not only green as the gods intended for healing, but can also hit all eight of my raid members, who are just dying to splash around in it when I throw it down.

Why aren’t there more merc healers doing PvE? Because they’re intimidated be how amazing I am and know they can never quite measure up – they lower their heads and re-roll operative or sorcerer but inwardly long for the merc healing glory that they’ll never possess so long as I’m on the Ebon Hawk.

Please feel free to thank me for enlightening this forum thread and making it far more interesting than it was before. Gifts of sparkle powder mailed to Kolten in lieu of praise are also accepted.

Signed,

Kolten, the Queen of Merc Healing

You guys realise that this is an RP server, right? You're all just here because you couldn't hack it on a PvE server where all the real competitive NPCs are.

You're only the best on this server because you roll FOTM classes. I mean, two healers in one Operations group? Talk about lame *** compositions.

I bet all the records here were achieved by exploiting the bugged relic, bolster and /stuck. Not like my guild.

Here is video evidence of how much better we are than you.

Get on our level.

PVP'ers are just jealous they cannot control their adhd any longer than the 4 secs it takes to focus down a scrub with pve gear in a wz with 27k health. Next time a player jumps down from the spawn point with 2 million health and hits for 40k let me know. But to be serious if you don't stand in bad that actually does make you the best pve'er

I hope this is in the spirit of the thread:

My guild went into one of those pve instance things not long ago, and totally beat it on the challenging setting.

For some, it might have been difficult to translate our pvp gamestyle over to the encounter, but we were fantastically successful with minimal respawns.

The first challenge was finding the instance. It was on some far away planet that was not in the combat zone of fleet, but using voice chat and online guides, we were able to discover it with minimal confusion.

Once we were in the encounter the real challenge began. Party jawas were activated, spacebars were spammed to get past the voice intro (in retrospect, there might have been instructions in there, but too late now), and we rolled (well, I did...they jogged) at top speed towards the enemy node.

As the healer, I pulled groups so that I could maintain aggro and ran in frantic circles while healing myself, like normal. Our tank guarded our back and taunted things (which turned to hit him, weird) and called inc for random pathers. Our DPS marked bad guys that looked like they might be healing while easily managing their solo kills. None of our medpacks or adrenals worked, which was odd, but we triumphed!

Now we just have to figure out where to turn the darn quest back in. Anyone know where the Gar Dragon is?

Those of you who pvp have already witnessed my greatness as I've pranced through countless warzones like a magnificent, pristine unicorn burning as brightly as the noontime sun. My glowing puddles of healing love and sanctified bubbles of divine protection, are in fact, legendary amongst Ebon Hawk's battle hardened warriors. Indeed, I single handedly ensure a warzone victory each time I zone into a game and unleash my sheer power of kickass awesome. True fact.

However, what is not common knowledge (sadly) is that not only am I a PVP Goddess, but on rare occasions I use my uber leet skills of pure win in PVE too. For occasionally from the depths of <Saberwing>'s guild chat will come a desperate plea for help like: "Hey, we need one more for TFB SM. Any takers?" And how could I possibly ignore the cries of the wretched by pretending that I didn't see guild chat and just zoning into another warzone?

Alas, because my skills are so very amazing, I must take steps to ensure that my guild does not become overly dependant on my awesome by making the operation more challenging. Otherwise what would happen if my guild were to become used to facerolling content because I can heal like a boss? They would become scrubs, that's what. And friends don't let friends become scrubs. Thus, Jaxio's three rules of raiding must be strictly enforced if I am to grace the ops group with my presence:

1. I must have at least one bottle of wine at my disposal to be consumed during the course of the raid.

2. I must only wear gear that is a haphazard mixture of random 62's and pvp gear.

3. I must challenge the raid constantly to keep them on their toes by standing in red circles, refusing to follow any and all directions and running ahead of the group and aggroing entire groups of mobs just to make sure that they are paying attention.

I am happy to report that my rules have been extremely successful in curbing my guild's dependency on the instant win my un-nerfed skills would bestow. Members our guild have gone on to take out most hard mode content, and even though I am not in their group, let’s face it, their sucess is all because of my tough love.

Edited by Prisoner

I would just like to take a moment to thank myself for originally rolling on shien. However my skills quickly became too big for the tiny launch server. I'm thankful now to have access to a larger server population to spread my awesome more evenly, as I know many of you are thankful for getting to experience my majesty first hand.

http://i.imgur.com/VIyuLl0.jpg

Since valor ranking and ego typically go hand in hand, a simple number should suffice in lieu of a TL;DR ;)

It's true that just typing "Valor 84" would save a lot of my extremely valuable time, however a mere number doesn't quite encompass the sheer magnitude of my gaming genius. I must undertake the colossal and heroic effort of crating the tl;dr so the Ebon Hawk's hoi polloi can bask in my pure, undistilled awesome. Greatness is such a burden sometimes.

Anyway, I'm proud to report that <Saberwing> has achieved 43/100 Ginx defeated for the Makeb "Frog Hunter" achievement, and we expect to be at a full 100 Ginx defeated by this weekend! Well not <Saberwing> exactly... mostly just me. The rest of my noob guild was busy in the Dread Fortress last night, thus leaving the challenge of conquering this extremely important PVE server first all by myself.

Edited by Prisoner

I am so great that I belong on top of your leaderboard even though I don't even have a char on The Ebon Hawk. That's how great I am and I applause myself for it.

Also, I once shook hands with SirCopperfield and Lorelei was astonished that he and me didn't become friends immediately. How odd is that?!

Those of you who pvp have already witnessed my greatness as I've pranced through countless warzones like a magnificent, pristine unicorn burning as brightly as the noontime sun. My glowing puddles of healing love and sanctified bubbles of divine protection, are in fact, legendary amongst Ebon Hawk's battle hardened warriors. Indeed, I single handedly ensure a warzone victory each time I zone into a game and unleash my sheer power of kickass awesome. True fact.

However, what is not common knowledge (sadly) is that not only am I a PVP Goddess, but on rare occasions I use my uber leet skills of pure win in PVE too. For occasionally from the depths of <Saberwing>'s guild chat will come a desperate plea for help like: "Hey, we need one more for TFB SM. Any takers?" And how could I possibly ignore the cries of the wretched by pretending that I didn't see guild chat and just zoning into another warzone?

Alas, because my skills are so very amazing, I must take steps to ensure that my guild does not become overly dependant on my awesome by making the operation more challenging. Otherwise what would happen if my guild were to become used to facerolling content because I can heal like a boss? They would become scrubs, that's what. And friends don't let friends become scrubs. Thus, Jaxio's three rules of raiding must be strictly enforced if I am to grace the ops group with my presence:

1. I must have at least one bottle of wine at my disposal to be consumed during the course of the raid.

2. I must only wear gear that is a haphazard mixture of random 62's and pvp gear.

3. I must challenge the raid constantly to keep them on their toes by standing in red circles, refusing to follow any and all directions and running ahead of the group and aggroing entire groups of mobs just to make sure that they are paying attention.

I am happy to report that my rules have been extremely successful in curbing my guild's dependency on the instant win my un-nerfed skills would bestow. Members our guild have gone on to take out most hard mode content, and even though I am not in their group, let’s face it, their sucess is all because of my tough love.

This is verified by my existence, not by the truth of these statements.

84? Come on now, the poster above you's been valor 100 for over a year. Try harder to be more awesome.

That's only on the character she's referring to (which was an alt she leveled only just this year), her main and two other alts are where the real money is.

Once again, verified by my existence, not by the truth of these statements.

I would like to thank and congratulate myself for all the fine work I have done since rolling a toon in this game. All the guilds I have been a part of and helped elevate to new heights and server firsts. I initially rolled a toon on Shien were I was server first Legacy 50, and I was also server first valor 10,11,12,13,14,15,17,18,19,10,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,30,32,33,34,35,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,52,and 56 (I had to stop pvp'ing as a special request from Bio-ware to "throw a bone" to the other players) and I headlined guilds who were server first on SM EV landing zone Tantaun's and Gharj and HM KP Foreman Crusher (with the now defunct Sith Flesh Lightsaber which I should probably have listed on the V4 progression list). and although I did not personally come up with the single nozzle strategy, I did inspire it's discover through the consummation of a special friendship.

That alone makes me the the baddest player to ever grace this game, not to mention the most decorated.

I also however discovered a lonely little healer named Kolten. When I found her, she was actually a struggling little boy trying his best to heal and be someone. As he got gear and experience he turned into a woman and became the undisputed, undefeated Queen of Heals in this particular galactic zip-code. (please see previous posts) I can't say I taught her anything but just my positive thoughts were enough to help make it so.

All I have left to say is thank me for me *Self High Five*....Ain't I GREAT!