The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

If powertech gets any more op there wont be anyone who will want to be anything else

AMNTitan

everyone is becoming a pt now. they put out the most amount of damage, take the least amount of hits, and can heal themselves. every tournament im in it seems that every final is mostly pt's because they cant be beat. i see so many people complain about classes and the ones that need the most help are outspoken by those who frankly want to be in god mode per-say. its not fun to even fight them 1v1 because they can play so sloppy and still dominate. so they can use an overide every 30 sec for 6 sec, use shoulder cannons while stunned, jump to, pull to, put out a ton of damage to a group and then healer themselves. try and do ranked pvp 2 pt (dps), 1 pt tank and an operative, oh so fun. im an assassin in a mandalorian guild and i talk to our own pt's (which are excellent 1v1 duelers) and they are in agreement

Let's clarify:

Everyone who PvPs is rolling Powertechs. They are indeed OP in 1v1 fights against another player.

Everyone who PvEs (endgame DF&DP HM / TFB&S&V NM content) is parking thier Powertechs. They suck in raids. The abilities that lend themselves to PvP have no adaptable advantage in raids. Why would you beat your head against the wall trying to scrape 2.8k dps when you can easily outstrip them with a sniper or marauder in lesser gear by several hundred dps? The answer: you won't for long.

I parked my PT weeks ago and the last guy in my guild sporting a PT got kicked from his raid group due to low parses a couple days ago. But it doesn't matter; a scan of the Powertech subforum reveals no one here cares about anything but PvP.

Edited by DAMossimo

Let's clarify:

Everyone who PvPs is rolling Powertechs. They are indeed OP in 1v1 fights against another player.

Everyone who PvEs (endgame DF&DP HM / TFB&S&V NM content) is parking thier Powertechs. They suck in raids. The abilities that lend themselves to PvP have no adaptable advantage in raids. Why would you beat your head against the wall trying to scrape 2.8k dps when you can easily outstrip them with a sniper or marauder in lesser gear by several hundred dps? The answer: you won't for long.

I parked my PT weeks ago and the last guy in my guild sporting a PT got kicked from his raid group due to low parses a couple days ago. But it doesn't matter; a scan of the Powertech subforum reveals no one here cares about anything but PvP.

Yeah, there are only two DPS Pt on my server I am aware of who still do operations. It's quite sad really, since I'm one of the few who couldn't care less about PVP. It's hard to hear about how great we are, yet on the other side of the coin, hear how much we suck.

It's all okay though, because the FOTM'ers coming in are mostly bad.

That in turn, drives down the class meta-averages.

Thus making it less likely for us to get beaten with a nerf bat.

The only issue we have is that the ion cell AP hybrid is over the top, but they can fix that by taking the prototype flame thrower toy away from ion cell.