The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

You got the companion actors back, great! Did you also record SGRs?

Goeegoanna

Looking at the new update I got very excited when I read you had obtained all companion actors so as to record the exciting chatter of space battle. I understand one problem with recording SGRs was the fact you could not obtain all the actors again to do so. Now that you have done so, did you use this time to record SGRs, you know those things you promised 2 years, or so,ago now? All you'd have to do is use the phrases you must have written back then (since you promised it was done) and added them to the scripts. It seems logical and reasonable to me but, as I can not find anything written about this, I am presuming that you did not, Why? :rod_confused_g:

I'm jumping into this late, but I think they just added SGRs for new content with non-companion NPCs, what I'm guessing is 50 to 55 and up level content, or anything they add in new from this point forward. I noticed on a Bounty Mission that my male Sith Warrior was offered the opportunity to flirt with a male NPC he interacted with in the Bounty Mission story. I didn't take it because he is way into Vette and she was right there and not only doesn't he (or I) swing that way, but somehow I didn't see that helping him in his relationship with Vette :)

Strangely enough, back when my male Smuggler/Gunslinger was just starting out, in his very first "private" conversation with Corso Riggs, he was offered the option of flirting with Riggs. It never came up again and I don't know if it was a glitch or not. It's never come up for any of my other male characters and their male companions, not even when interacting with Quinn, and if he's not into men, then I really need to look at how I evaluate these things.

I'm waiting to see if my female Sith Inquisitor gets the option to flirt with Ashara, but so far I haven't been able to even earn any affection points with her. MY SI does a lot of light-sided stuff but Ashara's like "so what?".

Personally, I think the idea that SGRs aren't in the game's programming is ridiculous. Is it because it is supposed to be "Safe for Teens"? Honestly, how many "Teens" actually play this game in comparison to full-grown adults? You could rate it for adults and probably lose little if any money. You might even gain if people knew SGRs were possible. You'd get a boost from the market of people who actually are into people of the same gender, and an additional boost from all of the straight guys who want to play women having relationships with women. Go ahead, guys. Protest that one. Lie through your teeth and tell me I'm saying something that isn't true :)

All I want to see is equality for all players. Why is it a large section of the community is constantly left out just to appease the load and obnoxious segments who constantly demand more for themselves, while demanding others be forgot. I would love if EA will be honest with us and just admit they lied to their players and will never introduce real SSRs and not just slap in a bit here and there, while pretending more will be done.

Surely there are enough raids and operations, surely there is enough PVP, surely it is time the gay players are recognised and appreciated in the same way all other players are. This may seem nothing to everyone else but, to the gay people out there it means yet another part of their lives is second class. It sends a message to the public that gay people do not matter as much as other citizens and it helps perpetuate this fallacy, giving others license to treat gay people as lesser people. Will we get the truth EA :i_confused:

They had the companion actors do lines on Makeb and a couple outside of that.

They had the companions do Galactic Starfighter.

I hate to say it, but the no SGR comp thing? It SCREAMS edict from above forbidding SGR with companions.

Just my two cents.

^^This

EA would have to sign off on it. There's no way that is going to happen (though it would be cool if it did!). Actually, it might happen if this game is still around in 10 years, when same-sex lovers aren't ostracized (not to mention flat-out breaking the law in some states) in large areas of the US. If this game only existed on the west coast of the USA, it would already have SGRs.

Imagine a huge, international entertainment corporation putting white-on-black romances in their media in the early-mid 60s. That's the sort of attitude we're dealing with, here.

• 1 month later...
All I want to see is equality for all players. Why is it a large section of the community is constantly left out just to appease the load and obnoxious segments who constantly demand more for themselves, while demanding others be forgot. I would love if EA will be honest with us and just admit they lied to their players and will never introduce real SSRs and not just slap in a bit here and there, while pretending more will be done.

Surely there are enough raids and operations, surely there is enough PVP, surely it is time the gay players are recognised and appreciated in the same way all other players are. This may seem nothing to everyone else but, to the gay people out there it means yet another part of their lives is second class. It sends a message to the public that gay people do not matter as much as other citizens and it helps perpetuate this fallacy, giving others license to treat gay people as lesser people. Will we get the truth EA :i_confused:

Finally found your post, Goeegoanna, sorry for the late reply... Anyway, I am still hoping they add this all eventually, while I am straight more options are always better I think. Seems like a good idea for at the very least more re-playability if nothing else. Not to mention I am all for equality...

Edited by sabbey