So where are all these Assassins dominating the leader boards?

Stavroz

Hint at me all you want, you won't see me do any of the stupid things aragost listed :p

Lol what? How about mezzing a guy and then immediately overloading him off the top of the railing then saying "that guy isn't very smart" lol!

How about blowing 50 force mezzing some scrubby mara then opening up with no burst because you just wasted all your force on the mez.

I could go on and on and on but it's just petty. We all do stupid **** in games. Everyones **** stinks at some point. Stop trying to make out like yours doesn't.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol what? How about mezzing a guy and then immediately overloading him off the top of the railing then saying "that guy isn't very smart" lol!

How about blowing 50 force mezzing some scrubby mara then opening up with no burst because you just wasted all your force on the mez.

A mistake and an accident. I don't say I'm flawless. But I'm at least aware of it when I do something wrong :p

Actually the best team US is running two alpha burst specs with a Madness sorc. TOFN is apparently running almost nothing but smash AP teams that we would probably crush, but unfortunately will probably never get to play. Our sin spends next to zero time getting kited. Sorc keeps him cleansed, I keep pred up, not hard. Additionally, there is clear and easy solution to beat guard with burst classes.

Your argument is invalid, and you have been relegated to the trash bin. Your move.

im sorry but Matchless is not the best team US.

Define "special" by your idea of the word?

As in, you're nothing special. You displayed nothing of merit in your video. I'm not going to knit pick your video as anyone can look after the fact and degrade every little thing that was a 'mistake' and likely if the *ball would have rolled the other way* it would have been *an excellent move* rather than a 'mistake'. I hate people who do that -_-.

Once again your video offered very little insight to me. For playing 0/31/15 your play style is not creative in the slightest! I'll make some videos here soon as I am just beginning to play again with a brand new account.

I invite you to put up some more of your gameplay, though.

As in, you're nothing special. You displayed nothing of merit in your video. I'm not going to knit pick your video as anyone can look after the fact and degrade every little thing that was a 'mistake' and likely if the *ball would have rolled the other way* it would have been *an excellent move* rather than a 'mistake'. I hate people who do that -_-.

Once again your video offered very little insight to me. For playing 0/31/15 your play style is not creative in the slightest! I'll make some videos here soon as I am just beginning to play again with a brand new account.

I invite you to put up some more of your gameplay, though.

Because it is...? You just have to know you did wrong and pay attention to not doing it again.

I'm not sure what you want me to show you, apart from a highly coordinated team and good play..

What do you expect me to show you something you have never seen before? Unless you have very little PvP experience that is impossible anyway.

You can come up against me and see how you fare, you can talk then.

And my spec is not about creativity, but about efficiency.

Edited by Evolixe

You got lucky against a terrible team, you filled resolve for no reason on more than one occasion, you wasted your stuns damage buff while you had low slash available, you waste your recklessness charges on things like overload & electrocute, and your timing of cooldowns/phasewalk was laughable.

The maul thing, you must be right, every other sin in the game uses it wrong, it's meant to spammed like you do it.

Sure thing, you little pro.

Ya its luck of course. I must be the luckiest player in the universe, to get 7 killing blows in a rated 4v4 game, to have held the prot record, the attacker points record, the killing blows record, the biggest hit record, the medals record, the defender points record, and to still hold many of them in top places today despite not playing for months at a time.

I must also be the luckiest player in the world to be capping rated teams regularly, not losing my node, and holding many of those records multiple times at the same number.

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, using maul once or twice without the proc to maximize your burst phase is "bad play". God forbid somebody extend the burst phase, no, when you play a sin your goal is to save that force pool for your dummy dps rotation parse numbers. :rolleyes: Gotta make sure dat pvp parse is legit.

Here's what I'll do, I'll expand your dummy dps rotation logic in wzs to critique evolixe in arenas:

0:34 - right at the start, opened up 1v4 without any support from teammates in sight. Even your ranged wasn't within the 30m shooting distance. ON THE ONLY PLAYER WITH A GUARD ON HIM. Chances of successfully killing anyone during that opener WAS ZERO.

Did not use battle readiness until the second go at him, saving that cooldown for your SUSTAINED DPS PHASE? Used project without 2 stacks of circling shadows.

Did not even plant a phase walk at all.

0:41 - would have broken YOUR OWN MEZZ with your death field, had your teammate not already done it 0.5s earlier than you

0:47 - again immediately tunneled into the guard with that leet sustained dps rotation that the 0/31/15 is known for. Good thing you popped that battle readiness

0:49 - used hard stun on heals while entire enemy team is at full health (thanks for calling that one out in comms btw, just to make sure I didn't miss you hard stunning heals while the other team had full health bars, really appreciate your consideration)

1:05 - had 3 stacks of breaching shadows and used project instead

1:10 - still haven't used that breach

1:14 - another project without 2 stacks of circling shadows

1:16 - infiltration tactics already procced, never used it. wasted spinning kick proc

1:20 - another project without 2 stacks of circling shadows

1:22 - low slash available, dropped death field instead. must have been worried about the mara healing the operative so decided to continue unloading that burst?

1:23 - low slash still available, just used your entire burst phase on the healer, decided after getting him to 30% range you wanted to overload the marauder while your team was again at full health

1:26 - infiltration tactics available, used double strike

1:27 - AGAIN infiltration tactics STILL available, finally decided to use low slash without using it ROFL

1:36 - infiltration tactics still available, spamming double strike

1:44 - it is entirely possible that your infiltration tactics actually timed out before you got your shadow strike off, the 2.4k damage suggests that is what happened

1:52 - used project with 3 stacks of breach available

1:54 - infiltration tactics available, used a low slash instead of shadow striking someone

2:02 - procced another infiltration tactics after your other one timed out (again) when you opted to go with a death field

2:09 - still haven't used your infiltration tactics proc, still have 3 stacks of breaching shadows, used a low slash to waste yet another infiltration tactics proc and procced another breaching shadows over the top of your unused stack

2:14 - used project with 1 stack while your 3 stacks of breaching shadows are still waiting to be used

2:17 - double strike over a still waiting 3 stacks of breaching shadows

k got tired of you being terrible at your dps rotation but I did continue watching long enough to see you use potency on a hard stun:

3:01 - wasted a potency on your hard stun

I'm sure of course at this point everyone realizes I could go on for the next 20m of terribad play displayed in that video.

The funny thing is unlike you, I actually have a debatable reason for doing the stuff I did in my video. I wouldn't question you using a hard stun or an overload with potency up if you thought it was more important than dps to protect your team if you didn't bring this **** up. I wouldn't question you using a shadow strike without the proc if you thought it might give your target a chance to die, because these are questionable decisions that could be debated one way or the other and have a risk/payoff factor.

BUT, What's your reason for letting a tactics proc FALL OFF? MULTIPLE TIMES using low slash or spike OVER YOUR TACTICS PROC? Letting your breaching shadows stack refresh itself because you actually NEVER USED IT? All that **** over and over in the space of 1 minute?

L2p noob? Maybe you and your buddy should keep your damn mouth shut.

Edited by JP_Legatus

ROFL I must have stopped watching by then, good find

Compared to all the **** that you do wrong sir, you are in no position to "rofl" me.

And looking back at the incident itself, it was a well-considered choice to break that mez to blow the other guy down.

Edited by Evolixe

Ya its luck of course. I must be the luckiest player in the universe, to get 7 killing blows in a rated 4v4 game, to have held the prot record, the attacker points record, the killing blows record, the biggest hit record, the medals record, the defender points record, and to still hold many of them in top places today despite not playing for months at a time.

I must also be the luckiest player in the world to be capping rated teams regularly, not losing my node, and holding many of those records multiple times at the same number.

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, using maul once or twice without the proc to maximize your burst phase is "bad play". God forbid somebody extend the burst phase, no, when you play a sin your goal is to save that force pool for your dummy dps rotation parse numbers. :rolleyes: Gotta make sure dat pvp parse is legit.

Here's what I'll do, I'll expand your dummy dps rotation logic in wzs to critique evolixe in arenas:

0:34 - right at the start, opened up 1v4 without any support from teammates in sight. Even your ranged wasn't within the 30m shooting distance. ON THE ONLY PLAYER WITH A GUARD ON HIM. Chances of successfully killing anyone during that opener WAS ZERO.

Did not use battle readiness until the second go at him, saving that cooldown for your SUSTAINED DPS PHASE? Used project without 2 stacks of circling shadows.

Did not even plant a phase walk at all.

0:41 - would have broken YOUR OWN MEZZ with your death field, had your teammate not already done it 0.5s earlier than you

0:47 - again immediately tunneled into the guard with that leet sustained dps rotation that the 0/31/15 is known for. Good thing you popped that battle readiness

0:49 - used hard stun on heals while entire enemy team is at full health (thanks for calling that one out in comms btw, just to make sure I didn't miss you hard stunning heals while the other team had full health bars, really appreciate your consideration)

1:05 - had 3 stacks of breaching shadows and used project instead

1:10 - still haven't used that breach

1:14 - another project without 2 stacks of circling shadows

1:16 - infiltration tactics already procced, never used it. wasted spinning kick proc

1:20 - another project without 2 stacks of circling shadows

1:22 - low slash available, dropped death field instead. must have been worried about the mara healing the operative so decided to continue unloading that burst?

1:23 - low slash still available, just used your entire burst phase on the healer, decided after getting him to 30% range you wanted to overload the marauder while your team was again at full health

1:26 - infiltration tactics available, used double strike

1:27 - AGAIN infiltration tactics STILL available, finally decided to use low slash without using it ROFL

1:36 - infiltration tactics still available, spamming double strike

1:44 - it is entirely possible that your infiltration tactics actually timed out before you got your shadow strike off, the 2.4k damage suggests that is what happened

1:52 - used project with 3 stacks of breach available

1:54 - infiltration tactics available, used a low slash instead of shadow striking someone

2:02 - procced another infiltration tactics after your other one timed out (again) when you opted to go with a death field

2:09 - still haven't used your infiltration tactics proc, still have 3 stacks of breaching shadows, used a low slash to waste yet another infiltration tactics proc and procced another breaching shadows over the top of your unused stack

2:14 - used project with 1 stack while your 3 stacks of breaching shadows are still waiting to be used

2:17 - double strike over a still waiting 3 stacks of breaching shadows

k got tired of you being terrible at your dps rotation but I did continue watching long enough to see you use potency on a hard stun:

3:01 - wasted a potency on your hard stun

I'm sure of course at this point everyone realizes I could go on for the next 20m of terribad play displayed in that video.

The funny thing is unlike you, I actually have a debatable reason for doing the stuff I did in my video. I wouldn't question you using a hard stun or an overload with potency up if you thought it was more important than dps to protect your team if you didn't bring this **** up. I wouldn't question you using a shadow strike without the proc if you thought it might give your target a chance to die, because these are questionable decisions that could be debated one way or the other and have a risk/payoff factor.

BUT, What's your reason for letting a tactics proc FALL OFF? MULTIPLE TIMES using low slash or spike OVER YOUR TACTICS PROC? Letting your breaching shadows stack refresh itself because you actually NEVER USED IT? All that **** over and over in the space of 1 minute?

L2p noob? Maybe you and your buddy should keep your damn mouth shut.

Schooled

Schooled

Schooled? Did you even read the post?

Lmfao his reasons to do things debatable? You could realise beforehand to avoid using recklessness stacks like that. And nobody tells anyone to use a set rotation... Lol I don't even know any rotation or what the PvEers do, we have a priority system that works and if you had any kind of skill you could easly avoid having to use your abilities like that.

Whereas my only mistake was mezzing that other guy in the first place. The overload was more important and I shouldn't have mezzed the other guy.

Not that I expected you to understand anything, since you're hardly an average player.

Lmfao his reasons to do things debatable? You could realise beforehand to avoid using recklessness stacks like that. And nobody tells anyone to use a set rotation... Lol I don't even know any rotation or what the PvEers do, we have a priority system that works and if you had any kind of skill you could easly avoid having to use your abilities like that.

Whereas my only mistake was mezzing that other guy in the first place. The overload was more important and I shouldn't have mezzed the other guy.

Not that I expected you to understand anything, since you're hardly an average player.

Yes Schooled and clearly you have been Schooled throughout this thread.

You don't need to point out your mistakes or what you should of done, plenty of others are already doing that. ;)

PVE, not sure why you mentioned that in a PvP section it has nothing to do with the topic in hand. If your referring to me specifically. Yes I was healing NiM ops on my sage, but that was a while ago now nothing to do with assassin/shadow. so that remark is... what do you like to call it.. Void? yes, Your favourite quote "your argument is void" are you a robot?

While you may think that I'm an average player thats fine by me, thats your opinion and I'm comfortable with that. I play the game for fun not to extend my epeen, but when I have a good game it may grown an inch or two. But what you'll find is that your opinion is worth damn all and it has been documented with solid counter arguments to the poo you spill from your pie hole. When you are beat in a solid argument you resort to name calling or some sort derogatory remark. You're a complete laughing stock of the other servers and no one takes you seriously due to your constant tripe talk about how you are the best sin/shadow. How you know all when in fact the first 3-4 mins of your video was broken down into a litany of errors, bad calls and poor play. Now, you can try and defend it with some other nonsense or try deflect the fact that you have been called out as a charlatan.

Edited by clubdeeko

Yes Schooled and clearly you have been Schooled throughout this thread.

While you may think that I'm an average player thats fine by me, thats your opinion and I'm comfortable with that. I play the game for fun not to extend my epeen, but when I have a good game it may grown an inch or two. But what you'll find is that your opinion is worth damn all and it has been documented with solid counter arguments to the poo you spill from your pie hole. When you are beat in a solid argument you resort to name calling or some sort derogatory remark. You're a complete laughing stock of the other servers and no one takes you seriously due to your constant tripe talk about how you are the best sin/shadow. How you know all when in fact the first 3-4 mins of your video was broken down into a litany of errors, bad calls and poor play. Now, you can try and defend it with some other nonsense or try deflect the fact that you have been called out as a charlatan.

I love how you dodge all the facts and ramble on about your opinion throughout your entire post.

You're the one that just got schooled buddy. :rolleyes:

so lets try to come back to some discusussable points beside personal bashing.

Defensive skills:

all defensive skills the sin/shade provides have a slightly to extreamly more powerfull counterpart on the side of the maro as they do have lower CD´s, powerfull side effects the sin version did not provide, last longer and so on.

while one of the def skills (pacify) has no counter on the sin side.

combined with much higher base mitigation through AR wich is lessend by a 5% evade bonus on sin shade the base-defensive department is much stronger on the sent/maro side.

severe advatage maro

offens:

sins do have the by far highest burstphase of all classes - BUT it depends highly on exiting stealth wich can be supressed by stealth detecion areas, dots, other ae´s as the battle vanish of sins does not provide a timed dmg protection(wich maros does) and has a twice as long reusetimer so sins have to choose wisly if they use it defensive or offensive.

beside those extremly high burst phases the DPS of maros is severly higher (guess no one denies that?) the infightburst of both classes is quite comparable (sin lower but slightly more often) but between those bursts sin dmg is horrible

all in all i would call it a draw in this area (even though personally i prefer a higher "base dmg" with usefull burst over powerfull burst with "nonexistant" dps)

utility:

here it gets iffy as both classes provide complety different toolsets, sent/maro provide great group utility in form of group wide buffs, and ae cc for peeling etc.

while sins/shades provide one of the widest (singeltarget) cc toolsets. both is situational comparable

but maro/sent provide one of the most powerfull and needed tools a heal debuff wich i would rate higher than the sin/shade option of taunting.

but overall i would again call it a draw with situational advantages for one or the other side.

so we have one servere advantage and two draws from my subjective point of view.

(go on and flame me ;))

I love how you dodge all the facts and ramble on about your opinion throughout your entire post.

You're the one that just got schooled buddy. :rolleyes:

wow, i am truly humble, shocked and in awe that I was schooled by Exilove.

You are one delusional individual.

Edited by clubdeeko

so lets try to come back to some discusussable points beside personal bashing.

Defensive skills:

all defensive skills the sin/shade provides have a slightly to extreamly more powerfull counterpart on the side of the maro as they do have lower CD´s, powerfull side effects the sin version did not provide, last longer and so on.

while one of the def skills (pacify) has no counter on the sin side.

combined with much higher base mitigation through AR wich is lessend by a 5% evade bonus on sin shade the base-defensive department is much stronger on the sent/maro side.

severe advatage maro

offens:

sins do have the by far highest burstphase of all classes - BUT it depends highly on exiting stealth wich can be supressed by stealth detecion areas, dots, other ae´s as the battle vanish of sins does not provide a timed dmg protection(wich maros does) and has a twice as long reusetimer so sins have to choose wisly if they use it defensive or offensive.

beside those extremly high burst phases the DPS of maros is severly higher (guess no one denies that?) the infightburst of both classes is quite comparable (sin lower but slightly more often) but between those bursts sin dmg is horrible

all in all i would call it a draw in this area (even though personally i prefer a higher "base dmg" with usefull burst over powerfull burst with "nonexistant" dps)

utility:

here it gets iffy as both classes provide complety different toolsets, sent/maro provide great group utility in form of group wide buffs, and ae cc for peeling etc.

while sins/shades provide one of the widest (singeltarget) cc toolsets. both is situational comparable

but maro/sent provide one of the most powerfull and needed tools a heal debuff wich i would rate higher than the sin/shade option of taunting.

but overall i would again call it a draw with situational advantages for one or the other side.

so we have one servere advantage and two draws from my subjective point of view.

(go on and flame me ;))

*** is this? This doesn't belong here! Let me post a video so you can tell me how bad I am at sin and get this thread back on track. :D

EDIT: But I do like the element of surprise of the sin. Particularly when it comes to taking out a healer.

Edited by Technohic

Leaderboard says otherwise, welcome to come try and prove me wrong.

Yeah, the leaderboard means a lot. Considering we went over yesterday and farmed 19 straight wins against every team that has a mid-high rating on the server aside from you guys (as you weren't queuing) whereas on Bastion MvP, us and Don't Panic traded games often enough that we would gain rating lose some and gain a little bit again. Not to mention about 20 less games played...

Yeah, should be entertaining watching you guys play against MvP today while I'm at work!

I'm not sure why you're still here since you clearly just got wrecked. I can still come back here to slap your little bottom again if you keep getting out of line. This is a discussion about sin viability in rateds.

I'm not sure why you're still here since you clearly just got wrecked. I can still come back here to slap your little bottom again if you keep getting out of line. This is a discussion about sin viability in rateds.

Which is perfectly fine. Case closed.

Which is perfectly fine. Case closed.

Well that was anti-climactic.

Jokes aside, I don't have anything against you personally so don't take it that way. I just look for the truth in the discussion. If I thought sin was op I would be the first person to say it, as I have already often said I think sins are op in regs where they can repeatedly spam recklessness. And I still want electric ambush to be reworked, though that's just my opinion on what is the best design decision for the spec.

Edited by JP_Legatus