Each and every planetary departure/landing cutscene is broken, and I´m sick of it

Lord_Ravenhurst

UPDATE: Fleet landing animation replaced - awesome!

Voidstar double-ship bug - fixed!

Ok this is probably the umpteenth time I´ve sent an ingame bug report and contacted CS about it, the first time was .. hmm when.. 2011?

You know a "fade to black" in games used to be just right that, a Fade. To. Black.

No flickering after the fade to black, no planet atmospheres around a black hole with stars, or your ship disappearing in a flickering mess.

ALL of the planet transition cutscenes are broken, also Voidstar Warzone intro cutscene broken since day 1, with the ship flying into a second one since day 1.

Do you have any QA who doesn´t press space bar on all the cutscenes?

Beside the fact the cutscenes are broken, for a Star Wars game the space ship cutscenes are lame and uninteresting, we all have the same ships, so there is no excuse for not having different AAA CGI space ship transition cutscenes for every planet, instead we have this ONE broken lame in-engine cutscene of our spaceship approaching planets with different skins and the same 5 second music piece over and over again?

How about investing your marketing trailer budgets into the actual game cutscenes?

oh and next time you deliver new story content, how about some camera pans in cutscenes? Just saying.

/rant over

UPDATE: video with some samples of the existing issues:

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look! It's a troll-ish rant over a minor detail in the game.

Seriously, if this is your major beef with the game then Bioware must be doing something right.

It's a 5 second cutscene that most people skip anyway. Why would they invest any resources into it?

fine, defend this type of lazy and sloppy handling of the most expensive IP in history. Way to go.

Oh look! It's a troll-ish rant over a minor detail in the game.

Seriously, if this is your major beef with the game then Bioware must be doing something right.

It's a 5 second cutscene that most people skip anyway. Why would they invest any resources into it?

You should ask them cos arrival at fleet cut scenes just got a MAJOR re-haul on the PTS.

Long overdue cos whoever did the original TOR landing/take off cutscenes was drunk. I wish all got updated not just the fleet arrival ones.

Ok this is probably the umpteenth time I´ve sent an ingame bug report and contacted CS about it, the first time was .. hmm when.. 2011?

You know a "fade to black" in games used to be just right that, a Fade. To. Black.

No flickering, afterwards, no planet atmospheres around a black hole with stars, or your ship disappearing in a flickering mess.

ALL of the planet transition cutscenes are broken, also Voidstar Warzone intro cutscene broken since day 1, with the ship flying into a second one since day 1.

Do you have any QA who doesn´t press space bar on all the cutscenes?

Beside the fact the cutscenes are broken, for a Star Wars game the space ship cutscenes are lame and uninteresting, we all have the same ships, so there is no excuse for not having different AAA CGI space ship transition cutscenes for every planet, instead we have this ONE broken lame in-engine cutscene of our spaceship approaching planets with different skins and the same 5 second music piece over and over again?

How about investing your marketing trailer budgets into the actual game cutscenes?

oh and next time you deliver new story content, how about some camera pans in cutscenes? Just saying.

/rant over

My cutscenes are still working, sorry to hear yours are not, every planet I land on has the landing and taking off sequence.

Edited by AlexDougherty

Wow, you don't care about extending class stories, you fight it tooth and nail...but you expect people to give a damn about a few odd seconds of cutscreen in approaching a planet? You. have. got. to. be. kidding. me

Besides mine work fine, just like some of the other posters said. Maybe you might want to reinstall, or repair or something.

Edited by Lunafox

oh, wait this is what cutscenes used to look like in KOTOR

AND THERE WAS A DIFFERENT ONE FOR EVERY PLANET

In before "SWTOR is not KOTOR"

Oh wow, could you imagine sitting through one of those each time you wanted to land or take off from a planet???

What a horrible misuse of finances it would be to make long and unique landing/takeoff cutscenes for every planet and class.

I would be wondering if Biowares directors were drunk if they made a decision like that.

I have never had the problem the OP is complaining about. Might be a problem with your graphics card, OP.

Blasphemy. its their fault because they are, cheap, lame, retarded, morons, idiots and every other name they've been called when someone's computer breaks. ;p

I've been playing since launch and I have never once experienced this "bug". Could be your rig?

I have reinstalled three times already on two different computers, de-installed in summer 2012, reinstalled again in January 2013, deinstalled in summer, reinstalled a month ago.

Two different computers, two different graphics cards, one a GTX 460 and the newer one is a GTX 670

So you are telling me ALL your planetary landing cutscenes always fade to black properly, nothing weird going on after the fade to black? Never? And the Voidstar warzone ship arriving doesn´t fly into another one which is already there?

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

Hmm... I haven't experienced anything in the transitions that would lead me to believe there is something bugged here. But I will take a look today. Fade to black is a common transition element in many games. So... I guess I'm still not clear on what the issue is. No need to explain it again though OP. I have a lowbie alt and will be going through several landings today as I grind to cap.

So you are telling me ALL your planetary landing cutscenes always fade to black properly, nothing weird going on after the fade to black? Never? And the Voidstar warzone ship arriving doesn´t fly into another one which is already there?

In the past I have seen a planetary cutscenes kinda overlay each other when taking off from fleet. Kinda like the take off and planet landing try to play at the same time. But this has not happened in a long time. Cant remember last time I saw it. I could be last year. I have seen the voidstar ship fly into same space as other ship. But have not in a months, but I normally spacebar.

Kind of with you on this, Do find it a little irritating how on most planets when you take off your ship will just disappear before it's supposed to just into thin air after a few metres and yea the voidstar bug, oh dear, that sure has been around a looooong time, But wow the quality of that new Republic Fleet docking scene, so good.

And yes, several re-installs, repairs, complete system re-installs and has always done it

I dont think I've noticed this glitch before, but I've been space baring through those take off and landing cut scenes after my 2nd toon.

Is your complaint similar to the way that the taxis on Corusant and Nar Shadaa blink in and out as they fly you around? Then you just see your body floating in air randomly. I think BW has tried to fix that before a year ago and then it broke again for me.

I dont think I've noticed this glitch before, but I've been space baring through those take off and landing cut scenes after my 2nd toon.

Is your complaint similar to the way that the taxis on Corusant and Nar Shadaa blink in and out as they fly you around? Then you just see your body floating in air randomly. I think BW has tried to fix that before a year ago and then it broke again for me.

Naah, I think what he is talking about is that sometimes the halo of the planet loads before the planet or something like that... it's no biggie really...