Double-billed for In Game Purchase of Cartel Coins (50% discount)

ShiningKnights

I thought I was getting a 50% discount. Even the confirmation indicated that. Looked at credit card statement this morning, and there was a double bill. Called customer service, and while it was quick, the person (I think it was customer service in India) was quite rude and hung up on me. Honestly, I couldn't tell if he was a person or a machine.

Anyhow, just thought I'd warn you before you guys all start buying Cartel Coins thinking you got a 50% discount. Not saying it'll happen to you, but it happened to me.

By the way, I had a hard time making out what the gentleman over the phone was saying, but it seemed to be something like this "We don't help people on this line. Please send all questions to support@swtor.com"

For future reference, it's probably better to email the above rather than to call since they will simply redirect you to the email anyhow.

Hope this helps.

Just to be sure. This is your first in game purchase right?

That, or not really knowing the prices. I bought $20 worth of coins, thinking it'll be billed as $10. Nope, bought $40 @ $20. That is fine for me, have extra coins now. When you first buy them with th 50% discount it does it automatically & not tell you. Just says "subs get 1/2 off".

That, or not really knowing the prices. I bought $20 worth of coins, thinking it'll be billed as $10. Nope, bought $40 @ $20. That is fine for me, have extra coins now. When you first buy them with th 50% discount it does it automatically & not tell you. Just says "subs get 1/2 off".

Well that explains what happened to the OP I guess.

Yeah having previously known the price structure I noticed right away that the discount was already applied before purchase and not at the time of purchase. I guess I just assumed others would know that.

Just to be sure. This is your first in game purchase right?

Yes, it is. The reason why I suspect it's a billing mistake was because it showed up on my credit card statement as 2 consecutive transactions at $20 rather than 1 transaction as $40. Even the in-game confirmation said I had gotten 5500 cartel coins for $20.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.