Pulse Generator Thoughts

BattleGracefully

So bioware claim to dislike hybrids yet vangaurds are so easy to hybridise. now im sure we have all thought of different ways to make a hybrid spec but all but 1 of them include 1 talent and yes im talking about Pulse Generator, every hybrid includes this 1 talent. don't get me wrong it's a great talent and works damn well but i feel it needs one little line added to it right at the start and that is "while High Energy Cell is active".

yes i know by adding this one line it will completely screw over our best dps spec (2/22/22) trust me i feel the pain from my own words. i play the hybrid as dps ,i play the tactics in ion cell in pvp, trust me i love the talent and the hybrid but lets be real here it should be useable only in high energy cell.

yes i know it's a nerf in the way of dps but if this is tweeked it would open up doors for a major buff due to our class being bad for a small time.

Tell me what you think and don't think im QQing about tactics in ion cell in pvp cause i main the **** out of that.

So you play a vanguard, but you want a nerf? Just because it will encourage a major buff? Please. Shadows have been consistently needing of a major buff to sustained damage since launch, and that still hasn't been addressed. The upcoming changes will unlikely make them competitive. If they kill off vanguard hybrids, they need to dramatically buff full trees (which they wont, we all just have a perception problem). Your request sounds good in theory, but in reality would just gimp the class further and lead to numerous unsubs - including mine.

Therefore /notsigned.

i agree with your statement on sin/shadows, the changes for them will do nothing but make them even burstier.

as to buffing full trees the only one that needs it imo is assault. tactics is proberly still parsing low( idk) but atleast now

it's 36 point does good damage( atleast double what it use to).

however i feel that such a cornerstone talent should be tied to high energy cell, look at unremitting for guardians or combats autocrit blade storms or do i need to mention focus? or how about anything tied to shadow technique for infil shadows or even assaults resets on HiB, the very other talent pulse generator is being used with, the list goes on with cornerstone talents being locked to a stance/cell/whatever.

on the upside bioware don't look at posts so you don't need to worry about unsubbing or getting a nerf/buff (focus proves bioware don't care about that) , i just wanted to see other peoples thoughts

Edited by BattleGracefully

All they need to do is:

1. Pulse Generator tied to HEC

2. Combat augs increases HEC damage by a further 3% (from 1%)

3. Assault Plastique adds a DoT booster for the duration of its burns (similar to death marks for madness sorcs/sins)

By doing this:

Hybrids are gone (Like they want)

Tactics now gets the damage it needs (the extra 2% brings it back in front of hybrids again)

Assault now definately gets the damage it needs (The % Damage boost on DoTs should be determined by how much behind the vanguard is, e.g. if an assault vanguard is doing 2.8k dps where everyone else is doing 3.2k dps and 30% of the vanguards damage comes from DoTs, then the % boost should be 50%)

• 2 weeks later...
Duran'del Here:

If they could entice players to use HEC, then the Ion Cell Tactics would be used less. Maybe have it stack to 5 times when HEC is active?

5 times would be good as another alternative but it would tighten the rotation abit much energy wise if your getting Battering Ram procs, if the RNG gods hate you then you end up spamming IP any ways, so most times you end up using it once or twice more then you need to before a Pulse Cannon if your not being energy conservative.

if you are being conservative it would push every pulse cannon back another 1 or 2 attacks making Pulse Cannon being it's most effective every 17 or so seconds at 5 stacks. again not a bad thing if it's doing extra dmg.

all in all not a bad idea, nice way to increase dps for Tactics/AP while not screwing over the Hybrid and would give incentive for more to come back to this class.

Edited by BattleGracefully

All they need to do is:

1. Pulse Generator tied to HEC

2. Combat augs increases HEC damage by a further 3% (from 1%)

3. Assault Plastique adds a DoT booster for the duration of its burns (similar to death marks for madness sorcs/sins)

By doing this:

Hybrids are gone (Like they want)

Tactics now gets the damage it needs (the extra 2% brings it back in front of hybrids again)

Assault now definately gets the damage it needs (The % Damage boost on DoTs should be determined by how much behind the vanguard is, e.g. if an assault vanguard is doing 2.8k dps where everyone else is doing 3.2k dps and 30% of the vanguards damage comes from DoTs, then the % boost should be 50%)

i like the idea to see this fu**ing tank hybrid get screwed up but ATM the best dps spec is the assault/tactic hybride so no don't tied PG to HEGC

+30% dmg with dot after a Assault Plastique is well enough, don't need for a +50% dmg

+3% instead of +1% dmg with internal/elemental dmg is quite nothing ; for exemple here is one of my tactic parse :http://www.torparse.com/a/504860/2/0/Damage+Dealt

Internal + elemental damage = PC + Bleeding + IP + FP = 651723

((651723*1,02-651723)+994704)/324 = 3110,3 FROM 3072,95

Okay that's not a great parse but, the +2% dmg isn't very effective.

i like the idea to see this fu**ing tank hybrid get screwed up but ATM the best dps spec is the assault/tactic hybride so no don't tied PG to HEGC

+30% dmg with dot after a Assault Plastique is well enough, don't need for a +50% dmg

+3% instead of +1% dmg with internal/elemental dmg is quite nothing ; for exemple here is one of my tactic parse :http://www.torparse.com/a/504860/2/0/Damage+Dealt

Internal + elemental damage = PC + Bleeding + IP + FP = 651723

((651723*1,02-651723)+994704)/324 = 3110,3 FROM 3072,95

Okay that's not a great parse but, the +2% dmg isn't very effective.

Yeah I did maths a while after that post and found that the original idea wasn't able to push non-hybrids above the hybrid, and so I ended up mathing better solutions.

However, said maths didn't include crits, relics or adrenals, so im gonna go make a parse (no idea how to do that yet...) of Full Assault and Full Tactics, and see where the stats have to go.

Intentions of:

Tactics: Better Fire Pulse, Stance

Assault: Better DoTs, Assault Plastique

OK a couple of parses later and a ton of maths, and I came to these conclusions:

ASSAULT

Assault Plastique/Thermal Detonator does +20% damage on both ends

Assault Plastique/Thermal Detonator leaves the debuff "Tactical Accelerant/Prototype Accelerant", which causes all burns to do 20% more damage.

Rapid Recharge changed: It now increases Energy Regen Rate by 1/2 energy/second instead of increasing alacrity by 1/2%. Still reduces cooldown of reserve powercell and recharge cells (and powertech equivalent) by 15/30 seconds. This change is only on the VG/PT

TACTICS

Blaster Augs damage boost increased from 1% to 3%

Charged Loaders also increases the damage of Fire Pulse and Ion Pulse by 20%

Fire Pulse damage increased by 20%

End result, the full trees are now better than the hybrid. Maybe.

And after doing a hybrid parse with my sub-par skills and non-optimised underworld gear (hell, one of the pieces for the set bonus is a commando armoring 34 from tank gear, and another is an arkanian chestpiece) I have come to the conclusion that these changes will make them equal to the current hybrid. Which if the Pulse Generator is tied to HEGC, then it is a case of the full trees being better - something we always wanted.

All 3 Parses were done on the 1 million HP dummy with armor debuff, and were:

1: 2665dps (assault)

2. 2700dps (Tactics)

3. 2850dps (Hybrid)

Now I probably could do more, after perfecting my skills and stuff, but thats a good rough numbers to run off.

Oh and I also ran an 8/8/28 build (the last 2 can only go in pulse cannon cooldown - useless in a pyro parse, or in a defensive ability. I'd personally put them in Static Field to help out the tank if he's a guardian, otherwise the choices include rebraced armor, Power Armor or Nightvision Scope. Rebraced Armor is better for energy/kinetic damage, Power armor for internal and elemental, while Nightvision Scope is +2% dodge chance for everything), and it parsed better than full assault, and tied with tactics.

Edited by TACeMossie

• 2 weeks later...
I hope they don't mess with it. Destroying one of the best hybrid builds in the game will not force them to buff full Tactics or Assault, and I like having options.

Agree, this change would be terrible for the PVE specs, making every PVE player basically shelve their VG's and PT's.

Edited by Brunner_Venda