Concealment Operative Leveling Companion

Khelzar

Tried all of them except the last companion, Kaliyo is by far the best. The Doc is a distant second but nothing compared to Kaliyo. Will probably switch to the last companion when I get Kaliyo's affection all the way up. Tank companions just seem the best. Edited by smoothmoovs

Kaliyo so far nothing better. trying doc still but dont seem to be worth i dislike kiting ><

@up was there ever problem with elites? you can solo some 2 man champions...

Hehehe

No there was never a problem with elites, its just that i like to PvE like a PvP with lots of movement.... i dont just stand there hitting NPC's in the back while someone does all my tanking for me.

The Doc is far superior because you have to do all the fighting, CC and tanking yourself, much better than going to the toilet and coming back to see if Kal is finnished yet.

Hehehe

No there was never a problem with elites, its just that i like to PvE like a PvP with lots of movement.... i dont just stand there hitting NPC's in the back while someone does all my tanking for me.

The Doc is far superior because you have to do all the fighting, CC and tanking yourself, much better than going to the toilet and coming back to see if Kal is finnished yet.

Whats the point of running/jumping around npcs like you would in pvp? I'd think having someone hold aggro so you can backstab would be a lot more efficient. Whatever floats your boat I guess. :D

I recently got the last tank, and I do think I like her more.. but finding droid gear is a lot harder than finding Kaliyo heavy armor.. So I dunno!

Edited by Arduz

Whats the point of running/jumping around npcs like you would in pvp? I'd think having someone hold aggro so you can backstab would be a lot more efficient. Whatever floats your boat I guess. :D

Its just something i have always done, i find it helps me get the feel for my hotkeys and CC's better than standing static.

If i had ever rolled on a PvE server in my life i probably wouldn't do it, but as i love PvP i find it helps to keep my skills up.

Like you said ... its whatever floats your boat, me being in control opposed to my NPC friend is what floats mine :D

I'm not sure how being hit by the mob = in control. Without me, Kaliyo would die, and without her, so would I. Do you really only backstab when your stun/flashbang is up? Seems like a waste, especially once we have acid blade.

Nade works on the weaker mobs, but on strongs where a nice acid bladed backstab would come in handy, not so much xD

Edited by Arduz

I'm not sure how being hit by the mob = in control. Without me, Kaliyo would die, and without her, so would I. Do you really only backstab when your stun/flashbang is up? Seems like a waste, especially once we have acid blade.

Im in control because i choose which CC or skill to use during the fight instead of spamming back stab on a static target.

Yes i do only use backstab when im able to do so, exactly the same as in PvP.

This might not work for you, but it does for me :)

Back on topic, Doc still gets my vote!

Im in control because i choose which CC or skill to use during the fight instead of spamming back stab on a static target.

Yes i do only use backstab when im able to do so, exactly the same as in PvP.

This might not work for you, but it does for me :)

Back on topic, Doc still gets my vote!

Err, how is talking about combat with certain companions off topic in a thread about using companions with a certain spec? :confused:

In a role focused on hard hitting melee attacks, of which we only have 3(out of stealth, of course), I'd assume all 3 would want to be used as much as possible. Since one requires you to be behind the mob, a tank would prove most useful I would say, no?

Also.. Just because I'm using backstab on a "static" (do yours not count as static because you run in circles?), doesn't mean I can't control fights with my CC. They work just as well from behind.

So my vote as a concealment spec'd Op while soloing, is to use a tank so you can take advantage of your skills. I do use Doc in 2 man groups I end up in with a tank though. ;)

Edited by Arduz

I understand what he means. Calling the ultimate villian wow - i loved the way i grinded in classic - on elites. sap one, stunlock / kite / interrupt the one you are killing. Also the gear progression was clearly visible as later you could normally kill packs that ealier required CDs , eventually could grind higher lv elites.

However it doesnt rly play well for Op. There is no reliable stun that we could use for backstab every CD. Also the way energy wroks you rather want to use abilitites regulary rather then burn all in one burst and cripple regen.

as far as kiting goes damage is low and our slow is CD so you can only kite one target (another thing is that alot of mobs are ranged)

I used kaliyo till i got vecter, than vecter till i got ensign temple. With correct application of cc, a concel op should never need a tank/healer for anything sub heroic2's, and more DPS=fatser kills; Faster kills=faster XP gain. Edited by Verg

some update - few levels later i fed Lokin with my old gear so he is now in orange /blue with way better stats then what quest rewards for him in offer. He heals better now , was able to fight face to fight some elites (warry between subjects).

eitherway did test - took some elite with him na Kaliyo

Doctor - 52 sek was able to keep me up throgh fight, did use stuns for backstab

Kaliyo - 40 sek didnt heal her she surivved with ~10% hp . worth noting is that she s only in green quest gear.

Been doing most of my leveling with my Juggernaut roommate so I currently am getting the most mileage from Vector. If I have to solo something I'll generally use Kaliyo or the Doctor depending on the difficulty or whoever isn't busy making me things. Having a Jugg + his heal companion and my heal companion makes running through the Heroic 4 stuff a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to tell everyone why vector is the best,

One - you kill stuff fast (unlike kyleo who does nothing)

two- he has a poison so you dont have to put your dart for the 9% damage increase if talented

three- he stopps attacking the mobs when you flash bang, unlike temple or other people who have casted attacks that always interrupt the stun so you cannot interrupt

four - he normally will attack a different mob then you to spread damage and gain threat so you can attack it from behind.

five - he will generate enough damage to take agro when you feint, unlike other characters were you feint and then you still keep agro on the elite.

the doc is good but leaves you taking all the damage and he cant heal through it on elites

kyleo you havta either heal or out dps the mob till it kills her, and then you havta rez her after every elite

temple is good apart from her casted abilities that break stuns

she will occationally go off the handle and attack mobs you didnt want

the robot is ok, idk, similar to kyleo but she still doesnt tank with aoe...kinda crap if you are getting pounded by 2 mobs while she just auto attacks one mob...

• 2 years later...

I recently got the last tank, and I do think I like her more.. but finding droid gear is a lot harder than finding Kaliyo heavy armor.. So I dunno!

This is where being a cybertech comes in handy. :-)

This is where being a cybertech comes in handy. :-)

Out of curiosity, have you looked at the date of the post you replied to before hitting the "Quote" button? And how have you found this thread in the first place?