Inter Servers PVP Request to Bioware developers ( VOTE ! )

noobyslayer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not impossible, but I can understand that it will be time consuming for bioware to focus on this cross servers topic. This is question of saving the game now.

Today, if I do not play during rush hours it is too long to find a warzone , and I don't even talk about ranked... it is even worst... here we are talking about 8v8 or 4v4....

Ok, now let's imagine that we are after 3.0 Galactic Starfighter released since 3 or 4 weeks.... after the period of euphoria where everybody try the new content... think about the time you'll have wait to find a game of 12v12 outside rush hours.

I talk here for pvp, for this is also true for pve.

I like so much this game, I do not want another wave of unsubscribing because bioware was not able to react on time again.

Edited by noobyslayer

as for pop times, thats ya server sorry to hear.

on red eclipse (pve EU server) i get pvp popping all time, mid range most i wait normally is 2-4mins max, in 55 pvp i say its around every minute - two minutesit will pop for me after a game if not instant pop and thats a pve server. perhaps think about a server transfer to one with more pvp popping.

they stated the servers cant handle it. that to me sounds like its impossible they bring it in.

Im not against it i would love to see cross server pvp but its never going to happen.

No, they stated they don't want to spend money/time on it because it takes away from developing other content *cough* spamming cartel garbage *cough*

No, they stated they don't want to spend money/time on it because it takes away from developing other content *cough* spamming cartel garbage *cough*

Think I saw you in a Novare on PotF the other day playing a Sentinel. If that was you, just saying hi :). I was hanging out with some friends in Hangouts and was like "Raansu? I recognize that guy from the forums!"

I was thinking last night about the original plans for ranked PvP, and remembered this announcement post from last year:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/pvp-game-update-1.2

Here are a few choice quotes from said post:

Needless to say, it was a sad bit of reflection, and I am no longer the SWTOR optimist I once was.

That's interesting. I never knew that they had announced cross-server was coming, always thought it was just a player-created pipe dream. For them to announce it was coming, and now have no word on the subject for so long is extremely dis-heartening.

That's interesting. I never knew that they had announced cross-server was coming, always thought it was just a player-created pipe dream. For them to announce it was coming, and now have no word on the subject for so long is extremely dis-heartening.

They slowly walked away from it. Even in the game with the old pvp UI if you scrolled down to the bottom of the text in the middle of the screen it said at the very bottom they were going to implement solo ranked queue along with cross server. They eventually removed that text when they started down sizing and moved to F2P.

cross server pvp? IMO a bad idea. Overall pub pvpers are outnumbered by imp pvpers if cross server pvp goes online. And then pub pvpers will roll imp toons to preserve their egos. Every server will be infected with POT5-ism and only imps will be pvping. Faction balance must be addressed before cross server queue happens.

If this comes with some sort of matchmaking system for regs, too, I'd love this. If it doesn't, I'm a little worried. I've never played in a pvp server, but judging by the posts of the pros here on forums, the best people in pve servers are the medicore people of pvp servers. (I even saw a character named "Tofnwastwohard" a while ago, I guess not everyone who tried to change to pvp server was good enough to be anything but cannon fodder.)

Having the casual "I play a couple hours every weekend"-people and hardcore pvpers from pvp servers at the same playground with no matchmaking doesn't sound exactly fun to either side. But with matchmaking, sure, why not.

cross server pvp? IMO a bad idea. Overall pub pvpers are outnumbered by imp pvpers if cross server pvp goes online. And then pub pvpers will roll imp toons to preserve their egos. Every server will be infected with POT5-ism and only imps will be pvping. Faction balance must be addressed before cross server queue happens.

This happens anyways, so who gives a damn? Without cross server queue more and more pvpers are going to leave the servers and move to a pvp server or straight up quit the game. Have fun playing by yourself I guess.

Also, how do you think they should address faction balance? People are going to play on whatever faction they want to play on.

This happens anyways, so who gives a damn? Without cross server queue more and more pvpers are going to leave the servers and move to a pvp server or straight up quit the game. Have fun playing by yourself I guess.

Also, how do you think they should address faction balance? People are going to play on whatever faction they want to play on.

When i was transferring to a new server, folks explicitly told me not to transfer to POT5. I was told that pvp in POT 5 is horrible for pubs because most experienced pvpers rerolled imps to get easier wins. If this ****** trend starts to happen in balanced servers like Bastion. I am afraid more pub players will join the imp side and make the pvp experience even worse. If you want cross server pvp queues? fine. Make a seperate cross server ranked queue for bored hardcore imp pvpers. But don't you dare remove server pvp queues and force everyone to participate in cross server pvp matches.

When i was transferring to a new server, folks explicitly told me not to transfer to POT5. I was told that pvp in POT 5 is horrible for pubs because most experienced pvpers rerolled imps to get easier wins. If this ****** trend starts to happen in balanced servers like Bastion. I am afraid more pub players will join the imp side and make the pvp experience even worse. If you want cross server pvp queues? fine. Make a seperate cross server ranked queue for bored hardcore imp pvpers. But don't you dare remove server pvp queues and force everyone to participate in cross server pvp matches.

Everyone says this crap. It was the same when I was on JC. Everyone said one faction was better than the other when in reality both sides had their fair share of terrible players running around. I moved to POT5 and it's exactly the same. Both sides have good players and terrible players. I don't win or lose any more or less on either side I play on when doing my dailies on POT5 as I did on JC. The difference? I don't wait 30 minutes for a queue pop.

I'll never understand why people like you are so against cross server queues when it benefits everyone. Without cross server queue's, servers like JC are just going to die. I've only been on POT5 for about two weeks and so far almost every day I see a player from JC on POT5. The ranked scene for both solo and group are completely dead and even the regs queue pops are slowing down. Cross server queue's would make people feel less compelled to spend money to transfer because *gasp* the queue would pull players from 8 NA servers.

There are practically zero negatives to implementing cross server queue's except for quitters, and even in same server queue's they run rampant anyways and with 8 servers finding a replacement would be extremely quick. On top of that if BW implemented a penalty quitters would be less likely to quit (although personally I'd rather they quit over just afking at a node.)

Edited by Raansu

Everyone says this crap. It was the same when I was on JC. Everyone said one faction was better than the other when in reality both sides had their fair share of terrible players running around. I moved to POT5 and it's exactly the same. Both sides have good players and terrible players. I don't win or lose any more or less on either side I play on when doing my dailies on POT5 as I did on JC. The difference? I don't wait 30 minutes for a queue pop.

I'll never understand why people like you are so against cross server queues when it benefits everyone. Without cross server queue's, servers like JC are just going to die. I've only been on POT5 for about two weeks and so far almost every day I see a player from JC on POT5. The ranked scene for both solo and group are completely dead and even the regs queue pops are slowing down. Cross server queue's would make people feel less compelled to spend money to transfer because *gasp* the queue would pull players from 8 NA servers.

There are practically zero negatives to implementing cross server queue's except for quitters, and even in same server queue's they run rampant anyways and with 8 servers finding a replacement would be extremely quick. On top of that if BW implemented a penalty quitters would be less likely to quit (although personally I'd rather they quit over just afking at a node.)

You don't understand do you? No pvpers like to lose. No one! When one side dominates the other, there is no fun in pvping at all. Ask yourself! Do you like losing all day with only a handful of wins? If you complain about losing, your opponents just say "L2P" " go join a better guild". Kiss my ***. No great pvp guilds recruit anymore. And you can't learn **** unless hanging out with folks who are better than you. Where are the freaking learning opportunities when every so called "experienced" players switch to one side and cares only about improving their ratings and egos? I don't want this ******** to spread to other servers as well. If you want cross server queue, go play with elitist folks you'd like to hang out with. But do not force everyone to queue for cross server pvp matches as Bioware forced everyone to play arena. It should be left up to choice of each player.

You don't understand do you? No pvpers like to lose. No one! When one side dominates the other, there is no fun in pvping at all. Ask yourself! Do you like losing all day with only a handful of wins? If you complain about losing, your opponents just say "L2P" " go join a better guild". Kiss my ***. No great pvp guilds recruit anymore. And you can't learn **** unless hanging out with folks who are better than you. Where are the freaking learning opportunities when every so called "experienced" players switch to one side and cares only about improving their ratings and egos? I don't want this ******** to spread to other servers as well. If you want cross server queue, go play with elitist folks you'd like to hang out with. But do not force everyone to queue for cross server pvp matches as Bioware forced everyone to play arena. It should be left up to choice of each player.

I don't see how any of that has to do with cross server queues. None of that will change with cross server queue's. You win some you lose some, except with cross server the pool of players is twice as large which really means your chances of winning can be higher since you're less likely to get grouped with the same bunch of bads who don't know how to play since no one else is queuing at that moment on your single server.

Your complains have no validation at all.

I don't see how any of that has to do with cross server queues. None of that will change with cross server queue's. You win some you lose some, except with cross server the pool of players is twice as large which really means your chances of winning can be higher since you're less likely to get grouped with the same bunch of bads who don't know how to play since no one else is queuing at that moment on your single server.

Your complains have no validation at all.

Exactly which side are you on? Pub? Imp? It would be pointless to keep arguing with you if you are unable to empathize with me.

If everything goes well, cross server queue wouldn't affect overall faction balance. Maybe pub players will not switch to imp side and start backstabbing fellow pubs. If things go wrong, however, most pub pvpers will switch to imp side and screw up ****. We can't take that chance no matter how unlikely it is to happen. There is just too much risk involved in here to simply remove regular server pvp queue and replace it with cross server pvp queue. Therefore we need to make cross server queue seperate from regular server pvp queue. If you can't wait for your server pvp queue to pop, just queue for cross server matches and you'll get what you want. If you are sick of some hardcore pvpers from some other pvp server ruining your matches, queue for regular server pvp queue. Simple as that.