Subscriber wondering what Unlocks to Purchase for F2P Account...

TheSupaCoopa

Duran'del here:

I share a SWTOR account with my siblings. I created a second(F2P) account so I could eventually play with them, adn I was wondering what Unlocks to pucrchase. So far, I have:

-Unfiy Colors

-Additional Quickbar

-Cargo Bay

-4 major EXP Boosts(For Easier leveling)

I was wondering what other unlocks to purchase and would like some advice(And, no, I will not sub because I've got this account.)

Edited by TheSupaCoopa

Duran'del here:

I share a SWTOR account with my siblings. I created a second(F2P) account so I could eventually play with them, adn I was wondering what Unlocks to pucrchase. So far, I have:

-Unfiy Colors

-Additional Quickbar

-Cargo Bay

-4 major EXP Boosts(For Easier leveling)

I was wondering what other unlocks to purchase and would like some advice(And, no, I will not sub because I've got this account.)

Remember to refer the F2P account for 5(?) free minor experience boosts (per character) 1 free quicktravel and 1 inventory unlock module. They're all bound to the character but the free XP boosts are very nice.

Assuming you become preferred (buy 400 CC) all I'd possibly add is 1 crewskill slot (if you use crewskills, crit rate seems to be very poor on F2P) and definitly Artifact Equipment if you want to get into end-game.

Because you noted unify colours you'd likely enjoy Display Legacy Name/Titles, Hide Headslot and Companions Customizations, but in my opinion it's all just fluff.

Inventory slots. Definitely Inventory slots.

Other than that, you might consider if you are going entirely f2p or are planning to go preferred, as there are some minute differences you should keep an eye on. Also keep an eye on your cred balances as escrow sucks. And you can send credits to alts via the GTN with a 6% exchange rate.

Inventory slots. Definitely Inventory slots.
And Cargo Hold bays, depending on how much of a pack-rat you are.

I'd also suggest getting the account to preferred. Spend $5 or $10 on cartel coins. Or get a 60-day non-recurring sub. Or get a game time card from one of the several retailers that sells them, and apply that to the free account. Then you'll have less stuff to "unlock", plus you'll have some coins to spend on the unlocks.

I just did the 60 day sub. I figure for $30, I get the $20 sub, roughly $10 in CC, rested experience and cheaper "stuff" to get to 50/55 with a few characters, and then preferred status. Also, going from f2p to preferred will get me one extra crew skill, two extra quick bars, and four extra character slots. Edited by Kurzaa

The moment you hit 50, artifact authorization will become more or less mandatory, but you're not there yet. I'd suggest hide head slot for cutscenes, if you care. But maybe you can get your hands on one of the less visually intrusive head pieces from the cartel packs.