Bonus "Speeder" for October Subscriptions?

LokRobsta

I thought I saw a couple of weeks ago an email or News Post pushing subscriptions, stating that new subs before October "some date" will get a Speeder.

Was I over-imbibing Aunt Beru's Blue Milk? I totally cannot find any reference at all to a bonus speeder of any sort for any reason. The only thing I see is the ability to get new 'Paint Jobs' for Starships and a unique "First" title if you sub before Nov. 1...

That's it, right? I subbed my alt F2P account for basically nothing?

Not that I'm bitter. Live and Learn!:eek:

THIS is probably what you were looking for. Yes, there is a speeder as long as you subscribed before Oct 20; as far as I know we're all still waiting. That said; the fine-print at the bottom basically says you'll get it within ten days of the promotion ending; so if you don't get it before Halloween, there's a problem.

If you don't have it on October 31st then it's a prob.

Actually, if you don't have it by the end of the 1st November it will be a problem. The fine-print states the in-game mail will go out within 10 business days of the promotion ending. Since it ended on 20th October, 10 business days after that = 1st November.

Kind of a bull crap promo, if I read it right.

I have a Sub but since mine didn't renew till the 22, I don't get it. But my husband's account renewed on the 20th so he got it. *smh* Way to promote keeping the sub running. lolz

But then again, I may have read that wrong...

I have a Sub but since mine didn't renew till the 22, I don't get it. But my husband's account renewed on the 20th so he got it. *smh* Way to promote keeping the sub running. lolz

<scratch> really? I sub every 6 months... O.O :confused: so no

•JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid Mini-Pet

•JA-3 Subversive Speeder

for me?

Edited by Gawlron
spelling

I think you are understanding it wrong, if you already have an active sub with active rebilling you already qualify. Its for people who play with game cards or are not currently subbed that they had to activate a sub by the end of Oct 20.

It's a pretty lame promo and well huge incentive for cancelling your sub. As a sub you get a pet and a speeder? As a returning playing that subs you get pet, speeder and free cartel coins.

Logic is only for the square peg in the round hole here.

I would think rewarding loyalty to those that have been subbed since day would be on the bill too. Guess I need to rethink my strategy

It's a pretty lame promo and well huge incentive for cancelling your sub. As a sub you get a pet and a speeder? As a returning playing that subs you get pet, speeder and free cartel coins.

I would think rewarding loyalty to those that have been subbed since day would be on the bill too. Guess I need to rethink my strategy

A pet and a speeder ... a huge incentive for cancelling your sub? By that logic anyone without them should have already cancelled their sub. Traffic in-game tonight is undiminished and you're still here, so it can't be that lame.

Anyway, got my droid & speeder this evening. My 48+ characters can use the speeder, my 33 and lower ones can't (it's greyed out for them.) Don't have toons in the 34-47 range. It says level 10 to use ...

[EDIT] nvm ... found my answer:

We have isolated the issue. Currently the mount requires Speeder Piloting 3 to use, which was not intended. You should be able to use the mount with only Speeder Piloting 1.

We will work to have a fix for this in our next Update! We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience until the bug is fixed.

-eric

Thx guys. :) Edited by GalacticKegger

Those of you who I received the JA-3 Subversive Speeder, have been able to add it to your vehicle tab. It says I don't qualify for the the speeder and so far the characters I try it have speeder skill 2 and some have speeder skill 3. In the description it is a scale-able speeder:rak_02:

As subs, we already get coins every month, so no need to call that out specifically to us. The pet and speeder are what's "special" about this promotion, and they did specifically call them out and say we would be getting them also, probably with the hope that none of us would feel the need to complain about new subscribers getting "more" than we current subscribers do.

Speeder is bugged at the moment and can only be used by people with piloting 3 (i.e., the super-rich). It's supposed to be fixed in the next patch so it works as advertised (at any level of piloting).

"Super-rich" to buy Speeder Piloting 3 whut? Speeder Piloting 3 is limited by level (I think you can get it at 40 now in some cases, it used to be 50), not money.

well it does cost 150,000 credits for speeder 3

Yeah, I didn't mention that 'cause I've only known it to be a problem for a few people (back when lvl cap was 50) that didn't plan for it. They were guildies, so a few of us got together with them and ran Ilum and all was fine.