The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which class is the Vanguards Nemisis?

Griftter

I am low level right now but I have seen an operative video where they basically 3 shot Vanguard tanks even in the higher levels, which makes me a little concerned.

Thanks.

Level 40 right now and I certainly don't get 3 shotted by anything. With all the survival tools we gte it takes a lot of people or a good chunk of time from one person to kill me. Given the Vanguard's damage I can still kill and 1v1 people.

I do have an issue with smart healers since the Vanguard as a pure tank isn't very bursty. Everything else seems balanced so far.

Vanguards don't get all their toys until 30 and then 40. Lower levels the "tanks" are just squishy and lack the burst tools of the other ACs.

Level 40 right now and I certainly don't get 3 shotted by anything. With all the survival tools we gte it takes a lot of people or a good chunk of time from one person to kill me. Given the Vanguard's damage I can still kill and 1v1 people.

I do have an issue with smart healers since the Vanguard as a pure tank isn't very bursty. Everything else seems balanced so far.

Vanguards don't get all their toys until 30 and then 40. Lower levels the "tanks" are just squishy and lack the burst tools of the other ACs.

I'm with you, I've done a fair amount of PVP and have yet to be '3 shot'. Healers can be a pain, but the only class that I tend to be really careful with is Mercenaries. If you don't lock them down with Riot Strike, their Tracer Missile will make you have a bad day real quick. An actual nemesis or counter class such as in WoW we definitely don't have.

Edit: Also, Hold The Line is magnificent versus Sorcs.

Edited by GregP

I''ve not done a lot of pop but I did have a ranged imperial roll up on me while I was defending a node by myself. He took half my hp in a couple of crits.

I cacked myself as shield was on cool down but breaking Los harpoon ion pulse and the slow it has allowed me to stay close and circle strafe/run through him to stop his casts and I killed him relatively easily after the initial shock. I''m still learning about different classes abilitys and my counters in this game but I think if you play to their strengths they may look overpowered. It''s a question of just finding what works.

I especially like kiting melee some times with the ion cell slow effect, or even just dancing in and out of 10 yards to shock them with ion pulse (elemental dmg ftw!)

At lvl36 I've found that there is not 1 single person that can bring me down solo. I might not be able to kill them either but I can easily keep them tripped up or even just walk away like it was nothing. It takes on average 2 to 3 people to bring my Vanguard down.

A typical warzone starts by the enemy team leaving me alone at 1st because I'm a tank, until I start disrupting the crap out of their team. Then their whole team jumps on me & its lights out. Between my CC abilities, pvp medkits, Biochem medkits & defense stims & all my defensive abilities I'm pretty friggin tough to kill.

Like I said, I'm not pumping out crazy damage where I can kill people left & right but a nice Harpoon into the acid pit in Huttball or a Cryo Grenade as someone walks over the fire pits or Explosive Surge in a pack of enemies or Storm onto a Sith face is just so........ well it gives me a warm & fuzzy feeling inside :)

at 40 I think the hardest class for me to kill is the Sorcerer. Their shield negates almost all our front load damage and with their crazy AE abilities it can be really hard to bring em down (especially when they heal).

I generally get 1st/2nd in all PvP matches, but a well played Sorc will almost surely beat me in 1v1

operatives are actually quite effective vs. vanguards because of acid blade. if you allow them to open with hidden strike and they get lucky with crits, the fight could be all but over before you get up from the knockdown if tenacity is on cd.

A well-played Inquisitor, Sniper, Assassin, and Bounty Hunter can all be nail-biter fights. There is not any single class that I would say has an inherent advantage against us.

An assassin who gets the jump on us and keeps snare up is probably the toughest fight, but definitely winnable.

On the other side of that coin, Sith Warriors seem a bit too easy to kill via kiting.

Crits cannot be shielded. Certain classes get auto crit abilities and armor penetration abilities...combined these can suck when we put everything into these for survivability. That being said there is no class we cannot kite do death as shield spec when needed and anything specced range we can destroy in melee because they cannot get away.