The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No coins reward for purchasing Rise of th Hutt Cartel?

Ritsi

So.... I had pre-purchased the Rise of the Hutt Cartel in December 2012 and get no rewards, while ppl who bought it after August 11, 2013 receive 1050 cartel coins? This is outrageous! Pls fix this Bioware...

EDIT SOS: Visit my last post of this thread so I can in advance avoid being misunderstood!

Edited by Ritsi

So.... I had pre-purchased the Rise of the Hutt Cartel in December 2012 and get no rewards, while ppl who bought it after August 11, 2013 receive 1050 cartel coins? This is outrageous! Pls fix this Bioware...

you must be new to these forums...:rak_02:

what do u mean?:)

He means that this has been discussed (extensively) already.

You bought it in December 2012. You got the pre-order rewards AND you got to play when it was released (and for 5-6 months after that),

Those that bought it in August 2013 didn't have nearly as much time as you did - therefore they gave them their money back in Cartel Coins.

So, when you give back all the things you did (all the post-50 content, endgame 55 PVE and PVP gear you got, the achievements, the credits you made by selling crafted items, the alts you got to 55 etc.) in those 5-6 months that you got to play RotHC while the rest were stuck at level 50, you get to ask for your money back.

You got to play the content for several months and they didn't? This is outrageous!

Not trying to defend Bioware, but how is that their fault that you couldn't play?

Indeed.

Edited by branmakmuffin

lolz i didn't mention that as an accusation to Bioware! I just stated I'm sad i couldn't get the benefits of my purchase. That's all...

So.. wait wait, let me get this straight. You bought the Expansion in December, DIDN'T play or use the bonus of having the expanded options added in the Xpac, and you want to be rewarded by Bioware and get your money back because you - the player - didn't bother to play?

So.. wait wait, let me get this straight. You bought the Expansion in December, DIDN'T play or use the bonus of having the expanded options added in the Xpac, and you want to be rewarded by Bioware and get your money back because you - the player - didn't bother to play?

Ofc not! As i said a few post above, it is FAIR not to take the rewards! I added that i'm just sad i couldnt utilize my purchse! That is only MY fault!

Jesus guys, u always want to attack ppl in these forums...

Ofc not! As i said a few post above, it is FAIR not to take the rewards! I added that i'm just sad i couldnt utilize my purchse! That is only MY fault!

Jesus guys, u always want to attack ppl in these forums...

Well its a form of self moderation. There is a rather large sense of "entitlement" around here where people paying "demand" things happen simply because they breath.

The previous (and main) thread on this had a lot of this discussion going on and people tend to be a bit feisty on this subject (and others). Opening a thread stating you are sad that you didn't get in store credit for a purchase you made 6 months ago. The point of this thread seems to many to be a "look at me I'm special" and somehow should be given the coins simply because you paid for something. This provided no real constructive ideas, and fell into the "entitlement" bucket. Hence people tend to put threads back in line where the community thinks they belong.

If you are disappointed you didn't get to play the game, had you started a thread saying "aww geeze, i bought it 6 months ago but hav't played it, shucks darn oh well" that might have gotten at least a bit of sympathy. saying "why am I not entitled to the rewards since____" is just going to get what you got.

Sorry but thems the apples.

Ok let's recap. At first, my way of thinking was flawed. There are many things going on in my head and I failed to conclude even to the simplest of assumptions; that I was fairly NOT rewarded as I had plenty of time to enjoy the benefits of my purchase prior of it becoming available for free.

Then you guys visited my thread and made your point clear! That I should NOT be entitled to the rewards mentioned in the 1st post. And I agreed with you. A statement of mine followed, saying I was sad for having been unable to fully utilize my purchase of the expansion, due to lack of time.

I DID NOT SAY THAT TO DRAW YOUR FURTHER ATTENTION AND FEEL SPECIAL! I just used this statement in the way I would during a conversation with my friends!

So please stop criticizing me as I said sorry for my unreasonable claim COUNTLESS times in this thread!

Edited by Ritsi

Ok let's recap. At first, my way of thinking was flawed. There are many things going on in my head and I failed to conclude even to the simplest of assumptions; that I was fairly NOT rewarded as I had plenty of time to enjoy the benefits of my purchase prior of it becoming available for free.

Then you guys visited my thread and made your point clear! That I should NOT be entitled to the rewards mentioned in the 1st post. And I agreed with you. A statement of mine followed, saying I was sad for having been unable to fully utilize my purchase of the expansion, due to lack of time.

I DID NOT SAY THAT TO DRAW YOUR FURTHER ATTENTION AND FEEL SPECIAL! I just used this statement in the way I would during a conversation with my friends!

So please stop criticizing me as I said sorry for my unreasonable claim COUNTLESS times in this thread!

it is often hard to infer intent in a thread. The way it was laid out, you implied that your original post was a statement that you were sad that you did not get to play but still questioned that you did not receive additional benefits.

Was not meant to be a personal attack. If you want to see the context of this issue there are numerous threads regarding this and the attempt to squash the feeling "entitlement" that seems to infest these forums from time to time.

Picture it this way, have a very lengthy and heated discussion about a particular topic. As soon as the discussion as concluded but emotions still high, someone completely out of the original conversation comes in and basically says the same thing while still emotionally charged. thats pretty much what happened here, and hence the reaction. Nothing you did personally, blame the ones who stirred the hornets nest originally.