Where is Sith War before prologue?

Joolakoo

The SI was a slave discovered to be force sensitive and was thrown to korriban per imperial law. The With Warrior was wherever home is before discovering he was force sensitive and shared the same fate.

They say the sith warrior was rushed to Korriban though, meaning that if they didn't think he was so powerful they wouldn't have sent him straight towards there. I'm guessing they only send the most qualified students to korriban.

They say the sith warrior was rushed to Korriban though, meaning that if they didn't think he was so powerful they wouldn't have sent him straight towards there. I'm guessing they only send the most qualified students to korriban.

No. All force sensitive go to korriban to face the trials to become Sith.

No. All force sensitive go to korriban to face the trials to become Sith.

..then what does the dialogue mean at the start of the Sith war storyline where they specifically tell you that you were rushed there? It makes zero sense under this pretense..

..then what does the dialogue mean at the start of the Sith war storyline where they specifically tell you that you were rushed there? It makes zero sense under this pretense..

It makes sense. You just misinterpreted what was said.

You were not rushed to Korriban so to speak but rather, unlike other students, went through a form of accelerated training since your Overseer, Tremel, had an issue with one of the rising stars, namely Vemrin, which was little people.

In other words, you'd still have been flown to the planet but instead of facing Marka Ragnos' pet or interrogate the prisoners locally, most of the stuff would have been done off-world, despite the fact, YET AGAIN, the bulk of your training would proceed on Korriban.

Tremel's daughter even comments on this after you get your war blade from Ajunta Pall's tomb, since she only got hers six months or so AFTER arriving to Korriban.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It makes sense. You just misinterpreted what was said.

You were not rushed to Korriban so to speak

Well, we don't know that, do we? Basically, what happens if you are chosen to become a Sith, or Jedi for that matter, is that you have to go through some basic training instructions and all that. This is specifically mentioned in the JK story, too.

You do not get discovered as a Force Sensitive and then sent to your Trials immediately. So maybe this is what was meant by being rushed to Korriban? Skipping most of your basic training because of natural talent and then going straight to your Trials on Korriban? It might be. Nevermind how you were rushed through your Trials by Tremel afterwards.

Then again, it's been over a year since I played that part of the game, so maybe I'm tripping.

Yeah, what Darth_Wicked said. You're not rushed to Korriban in the sense of 'oh damn, this person is super powerful and we need to get them sith training as soon as possible'. You're rushed in the sense that you were apparently scheduled to arrive later, but Tremel had you shipped in early as part of his plan to keep what he considered 'unpure' Sith from rising to a position of authority as Baras's apprentice. And since you have to play catchup against someone who's been there for several months, he puts you through trials at a much more accelerated rate than is normal. Edited by Bleeters

Well, we don't know that, do we? Basically, what happens if you are chosen to become a Sith, or Jedi for that matter, is that you have to go through some basic training instructions and all that. This is specifically mentioned in the JK story, too.

You do not get discovered as a Force Sensitive and then sent to your Trials immediately. So maybe this is what was meant by being rushed to Korriban? Skipping most of your basic training because of natural talent and then going straight to your Trials on Korriban? It might be. Nevermind how you were rushed through your Trials by Tremel afterwards.

Then again, it's been over a year since I played that part of the game, so maybe I'm tripping.

The SW says at one point that he / she is heir to a great Sith bloodline, so I guess it's safe to assume that from very early on, it was known that he / she was force sensitive.

And again, I already explained that... The bulk of the initial trials were meant to be done off-world, like Darth Baras mentions later but since Tremel had his own agenda, concerning how fast Vemrin was rising, shortcuts were taken. Here's the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmR_Ph-8Ogw#t=05m02s

We know Vemrin and Dolgis trained on Balmorra (Vemrin says, "This isn't Balmorra anymore, Dolgis"), so it's unlikely that the SW trained there since they'd never encountered each other before. And it's kind of hinted that they'd never been to Dromund Kaas before, either.

The Darth Bane novels say there are academies on Nar Shaddaa, Gamorr, and Umbara (given the events of Act 1, a Nar Shaddaa academy at this point in time is unlikely, though, and the other two are unknowns), and Red Harvest has one on Odacer-Faustin, which was disbanded ten years before the game. The Bane book did say that the Gamorr academy was specifically for Warriors and Marauders, but again, whether or not that Academy existed at this point in time, thousands of years before Darth Bane, is up for debate.

We know Vemrin and Dolgis trained on Balmorra (Vemrin says, "This isn't Balmorra anymore, Dolgis"), so it's unlikely that the SW trained there since they'd never encountered each other before. And it's kind of hinted that they'd never been to Dromund Kaas before, either.

The Darth Bane novels say there are academies on Nar Shaddaa, Gamorr, and Umbara (given the events of Act 1, a Nar Shaddaa academy at this point in time is unlikely, though, and the other two are unknowns), and Red Harvest has one on Odacer-Faustin, which was disbanded ten years before the game. The Bane book did say that the Gamorr academy was specifically for Warriors and Marauders, but again, whether or not that Academy existed at this point in time, thousands of years before Darth Bane, is up for debate.

I wouldn't say they were trained but rather had tasks assigned to them, most likely to quell insurgents on Balmorra or in search of ancient knowledge, like this lone Knight on Taris, who's name I can't remember right now; The fellow was looking for relics from the old Jedi Enclave.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The SW says at one point that he / she is heir to a great Sith bloodline, so I guess it's safe to assume that from very early on, it was known that he / she was force sensitive.

And again, I already explained that... The bulk of the initial trials were meant to be done off-world, like Darth Baras mentions later but since Tremel had his own agenda, concerning how fast Vemrin was rising, shortcuts were taken.

Well, I didn't deny any of that, did I?

Also, the bolded part is just great writing, because later, in the Foundry, you can deny that you have any Sith blood. Hooray.

I wouldn't say they were trained but rather had tasks assigned to them, most likely to quell insurgents on Balmorra or in search of ancient knowledge, like this lone Knight on Taris, who's name I can't remember right now; The fellow was looking for relics from the old Jedi Enclave.

That's possible. And I think that Jedi was a Padawan, not a Knight; he had a training saber.

Well, I didn't deny any of that, did I?

Also, the bolded part is just great writing, because later, in the Foundry, you can deny that you have any Sith blood. Hooray.

Actually, you can't. That line is an Sith Inquisitor exclusive, though it is available to purebloods. However, when you to speak to Ladra on Korriban, with a Zabrak SW, she refers to you as a pureblood. ;)

* sigh *

The price of adding some playable races after all the voice work is done. :cool:

That's possible. And I think that Jedi was a Padawan, not a Knight; he had a training saber.

True enough. ;)

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Actually, you can't. That line is an Sith Inquisitor exclusive, though it is available to purebloods. However, when you to speak to Ladra on Korriban, with a Zabrak SW, she refers to you as a pureblood.

Really? That line is exclusive to the SI? Shouldn't the BH and the IA have it aswell, at least? :confused:

Anyway, yeah. You know Bioware listened to the complaints of their testers when things stop making sense :p

Edited by Darkelefantos

Really? That line is exclusive to the SI? Shouldn't the BH and the IA have it aswell, at least? :confused:

Anyway, yeah. You know Bioware listened to the complaints of their testers when things stop making sense :p

It was more of a reference to the fact that Sith Inquisitors were meant to be from low birth, having been slaves and all, which is why the pureblood Sith wasn't originally available as a playable race.

A pureblood BH or Agent though, given their areas of expertise, wouldn't make much sense, RPG wise at least, when the game first came out. I can't exactly recall their exclusive lines for that precise moment though. :(

An interesting discussion, If my memory serve me correctly there are at least one line from Sith Warrior chatting with some Inquisitor suggest that Sith Warrior origin came from a great Sith bloodline regardless of races, and he/she already known as force sensitive, however even with the training take a lot shortcuts unlike the standard but no one knew how powerful or expected such power reside in Sith Warrior.

The same question could be ask for the rest of playable characters. I still remember there are more details on Inquisitor, and Chiss Imperial Agent, such as Agent class mission on voss mentioned that Chiss Imperial Agent was part of secret police on Csilla.

You come from a Sith House, like in Game of Thrones, only with lightsabers and lightning:cool:

You are the hope of the new generation of your House and one of the most - if not the - powerful of your entire family line. You have been summoned to Korriban early because Tremel felt you were the best of any potential pure Imperial acolyte to kick Vemrin's arse.