Would you support a Kickstarter for space PvE content?

The_Grand_Nagus

The reasoning that the expansion is somehow falling short because it does not include PVE, and delaying the announcement would have allowed folks to try it first....which I feel would have reduced the amount of requests.

I really feel when folks try this out they are going to find it fun, even if it is against other players.

I definitely expect to enjoy the expansion. I also want them to add PvE. Those 2 issues are not at odds :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reasoning that the expansion is somehow falling short because it does not include PVE, and delaying the announcement would have allowed folks to try it first....which I feel would have reduced the amount of requests.

I really feel when folks try this out they are going to find it fun, even if it is against other players.

/Agree.

Early announcement just brings out the armchairs, white papers, and indictments..... and useless polls. :p

But it's a no win for Bioware. Late announcement... and they are indicted for not communicating in a timely manner. :rolleyes:

Edited by Andryah

kickstarter.. EA and BioWare.. kickstarter.. poll.. really? they will launch it with PvP and in the future build PvE upon that foundation- they have the "engine" and "tool" to do so seeing as they have crafted it already.

consider my sub and whatever I spend on the CM as their "kickstarter"

I don't believe I stated that they were. Only that you required an explanation to my point, and I provided it.

Ah, we're playing that game. Ok, my turn: I dont believe I stated that you did. I was just making a comment. Ok, your turn again :)

Edited by The_Grand_Nagus

Ah, we're playing that game. Ok, my turn: I dont believe I stated that you did. Ok, your turn again :)

We are not playing any game as far as I am aware. Why the aggressiveness? Did I insult you in some way?

If you were not suggesting that I insinuated that point then you made a statement that is completely pointless as a counter to mine...which was simply an answer to your question.

Your behavior is very odd today Nagus.

Edited by LordArtemis

I'll mail the the .01 State Tax refund check I received earlier this year. Seriously though I think pvp space combat is going to be very fun and I'm looking forward to it even though I don't really care for the current pvp in this game. Edited by ZETA_SCORPII
f

We are not playing any game as far as I am aware. Why the aggressiveness? Did I insult you in some way?

If you were not suggesting that I insinuated that point then you made a statement that is completely pointless as a counter to mine...which was simply an answer to your question.

Your behavior is very odd today Nagus.

Take it easy buddy; this is just the internet. Its all fun and games to me, so dont let it bother you so much :D

Unfortunately the only comment they have made about PvE is to confirm this expansion will not have any. It would be nice if they simply told us they are planning to add off rails space PvE in the future, but until they say one way or the other then all we can do is keep asking for it :)

Well then you just proved my point and invalidated the entire premise behind this thread. No harm in asking but you and a few others are acting like BioWare has 100% confirmed that there will never be any PvE content added for space. When that simply isn't true.

In fact, it stands to reason that the opposite is true. Now, if they ever do confirm there won't be PvE space content ever added to the game in its entire existence, no matter how long that is, then have at it. And I'll join you.

Well then you just proved my point and invalidated the entire premise behind this thread. No harm in asking but you and a few others are acting like BioWare has 100% confirmed that there will never be any PvE content added for space. When that simply isn't true.

Sorry, but I have never said anything remotely similar to that statement. Maybe you are confusing my statements with someone elses :)

Sorry, but I have never said anything remotely similar to that statement. Maybe you are confusing my statements with someone elses :)

Oh I don't know...I think when you said this:

"it has now been*confirmed*that this expansion will be PvP only."

It was pretty similar :p I for one am not aware of any confirmation that GS will never be expanded to include PvE...

Driz

Oh I don't know...I think when you said this:

"it has now been*confirmed*that this expansion will be PvP only."

It was pretty similar :p I for one am not aware of any confirmation that GS will never be expanded to include PvE...

Driz

Yes, the devs have confirmed that the expansion will be PvP only:

To that point, there will not be any Space based PvE content with the Digital Expansion. It is only going to be PvP.

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6824326#edit6824326

Those are their words, not mine. However neither they, nor myself, have said whether PvE will or will not be added in the future. So like I said, I have not made any statement even remotely similar to what Lium said :)

Absolutely not! Bioware's track record for "space" content is nearly non-existant. I do not count the Star Fox rail shooter to be actual space combat. I do not expect much out of the Galactic Starfighter expansion, seeing as how ground pvp has sucked since day one and has only gotten worse with each round of "class balance" changes. I would fund them through kickstarter IF they were not owned by EA AND they were rebuilding the entire game from the ground up with a new, better engine.

are you simple or something? Why would you think that EA/Bioware needs handouts to add this to their game? As far as I can tell it is their intention to probe the waters with this space stuff with the pvp warzones and then move into PVE after they gain some experience with the systems and combat.

Maybe because they charge $20 for a single dye.

Absolutely not! Bioware's track record for "space" content is nearly non-existant. I do not count the Star Fox rail shooter to be actual space combat. I do not expect much out of the Galactic Starfighter expansion, seeing as how ground pvp has sucked since day one and has only gotten worse with each round of "class balance" changes. I would fund them through kickstarter IF they were not owned by EA AND they were rebuilding the entire game from the ground up with a new, better engine.

This!

If they really wanted to do a PVE version of space they would do it and wouldn't need any money back. The fact is as it stands the players of swtor are getting a very back return on investment right now. Our subscription is becoming more and more similar to that of what the F2P people get and all those invested dollars in cartel market and subs is producing very little content. 2.4 was our biggest patch yet and has been in the works since the game launched and was suppose to come out in the first year of the game being out. So we have a company making tons of money off of us, making content very slowly and treating the community like junk. L2P and zero class balance (even after admiting its poor state) just goes to show how little you are valued as a customer. So why would we want to give them more free money?

If they really wanted to do a PVE version of space they would do it and wouldn't need any money back. The fact is as it stands the players of swtor are getting a very back return on investment right now. Our subscription is becoming more and more similar to that of what the F2P people get and all those invested dollars in cartel market and subs is producing very little content. 2.4 was our biggest patch yet and has been in the works since the game launched and was suppose to come out in the first year of the game being out. So we have a company making tons of money off of us, making content very slowly and treating the community like junk. L2P and zero class balance (even after admiting its poor state) just goes to show how little you are valued as a customer. So why would we want to give them more free money?

Your axe, IMO, needs resharpening. :)

if you feel that way why are you still subbed? just cancel your sub and go to perfered status

This thread couldn't have started with a more ridiculous premise.

Its ridiculous and absurd to think a kick starter fund would even be accepted by bioware. Bioware drives their own funding and investment decisions. Kick starter does not apply here. We already "kick start" the game by paying 15 dollars a month + CC.

EVEN if they could do it they wouldn't do it because it would put them in a very odd contractual position where they would have to produce a product without a real definition. They could just take the money, do next to nothing, and claim they were done.

I don't even know where to go next because there are so many issues with this it makes my head hurt.

Edited by Arkerus