Can we please get a companion that is as good as treek but not an ewok?

Korevas

DISCLAIMER: I do not mean to upset the surely numerous treek lovers, if you want to run with her, by all means do so.

I'm just a bit annoyed by the fact that the companion that has such an outstandingly powerful set of abilities looks like a comic relief character; when my sith warrior is slaughtering puppies left and right, it just doesn't feel right for me to have him run around guarded by that blabbering furball.

Preferrably, I'd love to have those companion combat role kits back that were taken out in beta, but if that's asking too much, a somewhat less cute companion would be great.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DISCLAIMER: I do not mean to upset the surely numerous treek lovers, if you want to run with her, by all means do so.

I'm just a bit annoyed by the fact that the companion that has such an outstandingly powerful set of abilities looks like a comic relief character; when my sith warrior is slaughtering puppies left and right, it just doesn't feel right for me to have him run around guarded by that blabbering furball.

Preferrably, I'd love to have those companion combat role kits back that were taken out in beta, but if that's asking too much, a somewhat less cute companion would be great.

Sounds to me more like your Sith Warrior has some self-esteem issues. :p

Seriously though.. Treek is fine IMO.. even with all the Gerbil-spam jabbering. But you know what.. I'm sure we will see more new companions come along. So just be patient. :)

+1 OP. Yes... ok. So I'm not a fan of Ewoks. In fact... just to be totally up front here, when they were introduced in Return of the Jedi I saw it as nothing more than a ploy to sell SW toys to toddlers. Just being brutally honest here. Wookies would have fit the bill nicely.

So... it was with trepidation that I looked at Treek as a possible new companion, and to my surprise the Ewok is been a great addition and arguably the best companion in the game. But... she is still an Ewok. lol!

So, please BW, in the pantheon of characters and species that could or would be our next companion; please... lets shelve the traditional SW product placements and get us another true KOTOR companion.

have you talked with treek?

she is more psycho then any other companion truest me.

Well Kaliyo and Skadge are both psychopaths but Treek is certainly more entertaining.

"I could have let them live for shooting at me, but laughing? They had to die painful deaths."

"Over the next couple nights I hunted them down and dragged them into the forest so that the others could hear them scream as they died."

Yep, IMPERIAL Treek is a sociopath.

Edited by AshlaBoga

Well Kaliyo and Skadge are both psychopaths but Treek is certainly more entertaining.

"I could have let them live for shooting at me, but laughing? They had to die painful deaths."

"Over the next couple nights I hunted them down and dragged them into the forest so that the others could hear them scream as they died."

She also happens to eat sentient beings.

Maybe they could make it to where you can unlock you other toons as extra companions like have a Sith Juggernaut tank or dps companion or a sorcerer DPS or healer companion that would be customizable as they're your characters and this would allow great variety. Although there aren't really any tank classes that could heal themselves like treek can.

Maybe they could make it to where you can unlock you other toons as extra companions like have a Sith Juggernaut tank or dps companion or a sorcerer DPS or healer companion that would be customizable as they're your characters and this would allow great variety. Although there aren't really any tank classes that could heal themselves like treek can.

that would be beyond awesome.

A G0T0 style companion would be fun there, G0T0 was almost perfect for the Sith vibe, give him some serious firepower and a good shield and he would make a good tank comp.

That's a lot more than just being Sociopathic (although the fact that she did set off in her commandeered starship by herself is indeed a sociopathic act).

The Republic version says the crew were all dead and the Droid did the piloting, although having heard the Imperial version it could well be a more "acceptable" version of the same story.

However, the contrast is just fine for a dark side character, just as Vette is generally a Light-side companion to my Dark-aligned Juggernaut. (Incidentally, I see him as generally dedicated to the victory of the Empire with honor, rather than being a psycho that sabotages the Empire's objectives by murdering those that could be of use -- and thus will take some "light side" choices at time. This actually aligns pretty well with how Malavai Quinn behaves, but my Warrior just doesn't like Quinn's personality).

Edited by Ancaglon

If you want a companion that is story, lore, and concept friendly...why don't you just use one of your storyline companions?

I will forever use my story/lore-friendly companions over any companion that you can buy off the market...no matter how good their abilities are.

To each their own of course.

Edited by VitalityPrime

If you want a companion that is story, lore, and concept friendly...why don't you just use one of your storyline companions?

I will forever use my story/lore-friendly companions over any companion that you can buy off the market...no matter how good their abilities are.

To each their own of course.

I do that, I just don't like to. Later on in the game, especially healer companions become so powerful, that they are practically needed to solo H2+ missions, and make questing a lot smoother and faster.

My gripe with it is that I don't see any reason why I would have to chose in the first place. Originally, the game was designed so that you could chose the companion you wanted aesthetically and would fit him with a set of abilities that were suitable for your gameplay needs. Sith warriors for example could have vette heal them. And they could kill quinn, which is another perk.

That would be a really cool feature if they included a companion ability slot next to their appearance. Whatever you put there is what type of abilities they have. I mean Vette with blasters would always be ranged, so you couldn't put melee on her, but you could put healer, ranged dps, or ranged tank.

Originally, the game was designed so that you could chose the companion you wanted aesthetically and would fit him with a set of abilities that were suitable for your gameplay needs. Sith warriors for example could have vette heal them.

That would be a really cool feature if they included a companion ability slot next to their appearance. Whatever you put there is what type of abilities they have. I mean Vette with blasters would always be ranged, so you couldn't put melee on her, but you could put healer, ranged dps, or ranged tank.

I'll admit...it would be nice for Kira to have a healing ability...as long as she still had her melee.

Have you ever been bitten by a hamster? Those things hurt, can take the skin right off your finger, get into places you can reach and can set a house on fire. Why wouldn't she work as a companion for a Sith?

LOL... yeah.. you definitely have a point here AlaricSevGirl. :D

I'll admit...it would be nice for Kira to have a healing ability...as long as she still had her melee.

Yeah, really the idea is that each companion would have have the option to heal, damage, or tank. They'd do those things with whatever range they naturally were. IE A ranged companion would do ranged damage, and in healing mode would still shoot people when cool downs were up. A close combat companion would heal when they could and would go into melee when they couldn't. Assuming you had both in healer spec.