Combat medics/Body guards - How does it feel?

Sowwy

Personally, I'm disappointed and my patience is finally exhausted. I didn't expect an overhaul but I did hope for some quality of life adjustments: the ability to cast our free-heal on ourselves at the very least. I enjoy the class, but getting laughed at for offering to heal an arena is discouraging. And even in the moments I've had a chance to 4v4 on my CM, it has been an exercise in frustration (when facing good players).

So, Bioware can you throw us a bone? Anything coming down the pipe that's worth waiting for?

Edited by Sowwy

I have pretty much shelved my Commando medic after playing him as my main forever. I really enjoy the play style but the output just isn't there. Ammo management is a constant problem , I don't really run out but I have to hold back to keep myself out of the low regen zone which isn't helpful to my team.

Now I mainly play my Sent and Arsenal Merc. I would come back to my Commando (or at least get healer gear for my Merc) if they could improve ammo management.

This is the single greatest tragedy. How can Bioware justify a competitive arena with only one viable healer? Even if a Sorc/Merc can perform it requires almost perfect play and excellent team support to succeed.

As a Sorc healer, I have to admit it is personally upsetting to know that I am holding back my team in a lot of ways. Whether it be longevity, control, healing under pressure, utility or pure HPS. I can't beat an operative at any of them.

Longevity- I will run out of Force before them, period. This means I already have to build my ENTIRE comp around this concept. The game must end quickly or we lose. So we have to play recklessly offensive to avoid this.

Control- Now, I can spec into Mez Bubble but it comes at the great sacrifice of HPS. Additionally this is only really useful if I'm attacked. More and more "good teams" are not attacking me at all because they know that eventually my hps will fail behind the enemy operative healer. (Basically they are neutralizing my spec)

Healing Under Pressure- This is borderline impossible without Mez Bubble. I simply can't get off enough cast times against a decent team. Sure as full heals I can use an instant AOE heal every now and then, but it Force cost of it will actually penalize you in the long run. When you run out of force.. the only alternative is to sacrifice your own health WHILE you are current being focused.

Utility- Team Stealth is a nice little feature that Operatives can use in Arena. Additionally they have an instant cast AOE stun, sap for opener, Orbital for Aoe if they are ignored, probe for an excellent little damage boost and an equally effective stun. Another major utility often overlooked is that Sorc dps just isn't as viable as many others. So the inability for a Sorc to dispel Tech abilities while the Operative can does hurt.

Pure Hps- As a Mez Bubble spec you just don't compare. As a full healer this becomes better BUT only if you are ignored. Effective force management requires weaving in Consumption into a rotation while still being able to use your AOE heal.

Final Conclusion- In order to compete with HPS. A Sorc has to spec full healing and be ignored by the enemy melee dps. In order to compete with survivalbility/healing under pressure the Sorc has to spec Mez Bubble. The simple problem? To counter the spec it only requires a tactical change in targets while the Sorc doesn't have the liberty to respec in match.

Mercs have it even worse. Healing balance is arena needs FAR more than the changes suggested.

Edited by Xeraz

Personally, I'm disappointed and my patience is finally exhausted. I didn't expect an overhaul but I did hope for some quality of life adjustments: the ability to cast our free-heal on ourselves at the very least. I enjoy the class, but getting laughed at for offering to heal an arena is discouraging. And even in the moments I've had a chance to 4v4 on my CM, it has been an exercise in frustration (when facing good players).

So, Bioware can you throw us a bone? Anything coming down the pipe that's worth waiting for?

This was the patch that was inferred to be well worth waiting for. Unsurprisingly they didn't fail to shaft and disappoint once again.

This was the patch that was inferred to be well worth waiting for. Unsurprisingly they didn't fail to shaft and disappoint once again.

I hate to defend BW as I really dislike the changes as well, but BW never hyped 2.5 to be some amazing balance patch. They simply said that changes would occur with 2.5. It was the users on the forums that made it seem that way.

From what I've seen, healing merc/mandos have been doing well in arenas. The ability to keep a single target alive through focus fire is a strength of mandos/mercs.

not when that target is the mando/merc himself. you only have reactive shield to cast, and you're stunned for half of that. I can kite just about any dps 1v1 for a while, but when you're the focus of 2-3...it's just....oye. :(

From what I've seen, healing merc/mandos have been doing well in arenas. The ability to keep a single target alive through focus fire is a strength of mandos/mercs.

They perform well enough against B competition, upgrade to a coordinated, experienced team and a commando healer isn't just challenged, they're stripped, flayed and put over the fire. Nothing we can do. as in NOTHING.

If the devs think otherwise, stream your best CM against a top tier pvp guild. I'd like to see your precious metrics hit the mark in a real fight.

Edited by Sowwy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.