Anyone seen the merc changes or lack of ?

Bmilwip

Hey hey,

Has anyone noticed the new changes to mercenary or lack of ? i am referring to the bodyguard tree more than anything else.

It seems this time round Mercenary healers are not getting any changes again. At the moment we are under performing all the other healers in pvp, i take pride in that we require more skill to be competitive but its a joke in my eyes. We have been in this position for so long and from that game update 2.5 class changes post it seems we have just been ignored again.

Furthermore i noticed each class and their sub classes has a sticky thread asking for the communities opinions on the changes. I personally feel disgusted and really put off by Bioware for the lack of thought to our class or the fact we were not mentioned once for why there was not a single change. I understand that pyro received some changes in 2.4 but i don't take that as a reason to ignore the Bodyguard tree or arsenal for that matter. In PVP there are a very few mercenary healers out there trying to compete against the army of operatives but i guess we are destined to be the tiny minority.

At the moment i don't know what to do, i love my class i love healing as a Mercenary but i am very dejected from that class change post, 1.2 severely hurt the popularity of mercenary and commando healers and i just find it appalling that i have to remain this underdog in pvp.

Bioware Posts game update 2.5, yay! Class changes.

Scrolls down the list. Disappointed.

Guess which class was ignored.....wait for it....you would never ever have guessed this one at all.....not if you had a million guesses......Merc / Commandos are not even on the list. #Would'veNEVERguessedTHAT

Proof: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=689846

Hopefully this get's updated, that's just not cool at all.

-Frustrated Mercenary

Edited by DkSharktooth

Agreed.

Compared to other healing classes the Bodyguard mercenary has very few tools and what It does possess are rolled into very few abilities. It would be nice to see some variation in the class.

While they posses tremendous burst heal capability and do have a place within raids these this is tied into a rather un-fluid heat management system and have a considerably harder time managing their resource in times of stress than either other healing class.

The energy shield changes were a nice step but they are still far too easily locked down in PVP and are unable to use their basic heal upon themselves.

While this is in no way a "The world is ending post" i do feel mercenaries are been left behind in terms of it's toolkit in PVP and to a lesser extent PVE and a revamp would be well appreciated by a large number of stoic merc healers.

While this is in no way a "The world is ending post" i do feel mercenaries are been left behind in terms of it's toolkit in PVP and to a lesser extent PVE and a revamp would be well appreciated by a large number of stoic merc healers.

I've come to a very simple conclusion, Give mercs multi-target Kolto Shell, and change Peacekeeper/Bodyguard so it procs while healing a friendly target... Its not that hard to change, its not that OP. It suppIiments self healing while still being able to maintain a decent resource pool and minimul healing on a friendly target in high intensity PvP such as ranked arena's. No need to increase anything else or add another escape mecho because all of the above rely on no cast-time. I can say right now with full confidence, Kolto Shell(All Targets) + Kolto Missle + PIus rapid shots on an ally proccing Peacekeeper/Bodyguard would be just on par with other healing classes escape/heal mechanics, if not still a bit weaker but given a passing grade by the community.

*BIOWARE* just try it, 2 weeks on live and if its as overpower as you might believe take it out there are/were many games that patch skill nerfs weekly and if something was truly unbalancing they would hot fix it over night. Take a page from GW1 book of perfect balance.

Edited by RakeshZeal

"The changes that are listed in the 2.5 blog are currently all of our planned Class changes for that Game Update. I realize that not all classes or specs received changes. Know that Class changes are something that we will be doing with more frequency moving forward and you should look for more blogs/information such as this when we do.

I realize there is always frustration if your class does not receive changes (especially buffs) but this is something we will always be working on!"

Frustration does not quite cut it. Just more Drivel we have to read. I am astounded by the impotence the devs are showing.

"The changes that are listed in the 2.5 blog are currently all of our planned Class changes for that Game Update. I realize that not all classes or specs received changes. Know that Class changes are something that we will be doing with more frequency moving forward and you should look for more blogs/information such as this when we do."

Every time there is a 0.X patch BW says that they will be making class balance changes more frequently. At first they said class changes would be more frequent so they could be smaller in scale. Then they used the delay card - wait til 1.7! No, wait til 2.0! No, we want to see hoe the new skill trees are working before we make changes. The truth is unpleasant but it is this: BW doesn't like making class balance changes because whenever they do, they get torn a new one by the player base. Consequently BW has resolved not to make many class balance changes and instead camouflage their inaction by telling people changes will be coming "real soon now".

While I completely agree that many parts of the BH class are completely broken (PT tank CDs, Merc resource management, Merc heal output, etc.) I'd rather see nothing than the BS that some classes are getting.

Hey everyone,

Below are the planned Sith Assassin changes for Game Update 2.5. Please use this thread to give feedback for these changes. You can read the full class changes blog here!

Sith Assassin

General

• Dark Charge no longer heals the Assassin, but now increases armor rating by 130% (up from 115%) and deals additional threat when it damages an enemy target.
  • Slightly increased the damage dealt by Maul.
  • Slightly increased the damage dealt by Lacerate.

Darkness

• 3 stacks of Harnessed Darkness no longer cause the Assassin to be healed when Force Lightning deals damage. Instead, it grants Dark Protection, which increases damage reduction by 1%. Dark Protection stacks up to 4 times and lasts 18 seconds.
  • Swelling Shadows has been redesigned: It now increases the armor rating Dark Charge grants by an additional 20/40%.

Deception

• Slightly increased the damage dealt by Voltaic Slash.

Now Sin tanks will have 170% armor and 4% DR pretty much constantly. Cause that's not OP at all. Oh and Maul, one of the hardest hitting abilities in the game, hits harder. What about the fixes for Madness? Where are the uncleansable DoTs that were promised in the answers?

Hey everyone,

Below are the planned Marauder changes for Game Update 2.5. Please use this thread to give feedback for these changes. You can read the full class changes blog here!

Sith Marauder

General

• The stacking buff provided by Juyo Form now lasts 24 seconds (up from 15) and can be applied once every second (down from every 1.5 seconds).
  • Bloodthirst and Predation no longer prevent the Marauder from building Fury while they are active.
  • Bloodthirst now affects your entire Operation group up to 40 meters away from the Marauder (up from 30 meters) but also applies a debuff which lasts for five minutes on all affected group members. This debuff prevents affected players from regaining Bloodthirst while it is active.
  • Undying Rage now has a 2 minute cooldown (up from 1 minute and 30 seconds).
  • The health for Undying Rage is now spent when the damage reducing effect expires, rather than when it begins. It still costs 50% of current health.

Annihilation

• The stacking Annihilator buff provided by Annihilate now lasts 24 seconds (up from 15).

Rage

• Undying no longer increases damage reduction but still reduces the cooldown of Undying Rage by 15/30 seconds.
  • Force Vigor no longer interacts with Undying Rage. It now permanently increases passive damage reduction by 1/2% and still builds 1/2 Rage when Dual Saber Throw is used.

Great, the Juyo/Annihilator change is really a QoL buff, but it helps make Annihilation a bit more viable for more fights. As for Undying Rage, a worthwhile nerf. UR was far too powerful and this should make it less of an invincibility button and more an "oh sh**" CD that takes some skill to use. ...but Rage is still massively OP. Didn't do anything to fix that...

Hey everyone,

Below are the planned Operative changes for Game Update 2.5. Please use this thread to give feedback for these changes. You can read the full class changes blog here!

Operatives

General

• Increased the damage dealt by Overload Shot.
  • Operatives and Scoundrels can now be charged and pulled by other players while in cover. For Snipers and Gunslingers, cover remains unchanged.

So, what was before considered pointless is now buffed. A bit. Oh and to make Ops easier to kill in PvP you can charge them in cover. I'll admit to not being much a PvPer but I thought the issue was how much healing throughput they could do while on the move...not in cover? Also, what about the change to vanish where it wouldn't lower incoming healing but would prevent out-going? Where is that?

Hey everyone,

Below are the planned Sorcerer changes for Game Update 2.5. Please use this thread to give feedback for these changes. You can read the full class changes blog here!

Sith Inquisitor

Madness

• In addition to previous effects, Devour now makes your damage-over-time effects uncleansable. This affects Creeping Terror, Discharge, Crushing Darkness, and Affliction.

I've never been a PvPer and as such haven't really felt how bad sorcs are in PvP. When I do do regs on my Corruption Sorc I tend to do pretty decently but I also queue with other people. That said, the sorcs still haven't gotten the revised answers to their original (albeit horrible) questions. So instead they get uncleansable DoTs? I'm also a bit confused since this isn't listed in the Sin changes...so are DoTs uncleansable for sins or not?

Hey everyone,

Below are the planned Sith Juggernaut changes for Game Update 2.5. Please use this thread to give feedback for these changes. You can read the full class changes blog here!

Sith Juggernaut

Vengeance

• Overwhelm has been added to the Vengeance skill tree and provides a 50/100% chance to immobilize the target for the duration of Ravage.

This is by far my favorite. Juggernauts spent weeks coming up with the best way to say "we suck in DPS spec, please fix this." What do they get? Umm...a PvP fix with no relation to the issues surrounding Ravage (ie: the actual proc).

And the that leaves all Bounty Hunters (who did just get a buff in 2.4, not really a Merc buff but...) and Snipers. Who are currently the highest DPS in the game by a large margin due to a Hybrid build and the massive single-target potential of their AoE. Both of which, BW said they were going to fix. And yet, here we are. No fixes. As for the current Rail Shot bug (which proves beyond any doubt that the thing preventing us from being able to put out numbers on par with Snipers is our resource management system), don't worry guys. They'll fix that since fixing ACTUAL balance issues (rolling in place scatter bombs for instance) is not something you should do when it affects one of your favorite classes. When its Mercs? Nah they need to be nerfed into the GROUND.

How about

When are you going to do what you said last time?

Would you show us what you want to do before you **** everything up?

Can you promise to listen to us before you **** everything up?

Can you stop trolling us?

This is just ridiculous. Troopers/Mers are the only class that doesn’t get anything. And the only other advanced class without any changes are OP Slingers/Snipers, who just managed to break the 4k threshold on the dummy.

And as the icing on the cake they had the gall to post the game update blog entry with a picture of a trooper. ***

Edited by AMightyKnight

Commando healers don't need buffs. Ops healers need nerfs.

But I admit, I was feeling kind of cheated when Vanguards got 30% damage reduction on Adrenaline Rush in Assault and we got.... crap in the same box.

Wait, so you are just trying to protect your warrior from the nerfs? *Points at your signature*

Did smile, thank you.

Edited by Helig

It's going to be nasty for mercs now that ravage and master strike root you.

Yes, must be tough being unable to escape or interrupt it at all. Oh, wait.

Hydraulic Overrides.... We will do the same thing that we do now to run away from Ravage while slowed.

Precisely.

Edited by Helig

Mercenaries/Commandos deserve an apology from the developers.

1. Commando/Mercenary Treatment

When a group of developers ignore the complaints of a class in an mmo until the players of said class reroll, quit or just become too tired to complain. Thus solving the root cause of said complaints. This is followed up by the developers patting each other's backs and congratulating each other on a job well done.

1. Bioware is really putting powertechs through the commando/mercenary treatment. Each patch powertech's think their class can not get worse, when it does.

2. If the RNG gods align, we can be one shot by a Boss mechanic, and there is nothing we can do. Us assassin tanks are getting the Commando/Mercenary treatment.

3. Because of Bioware's consistent use of the commando/mercenary treatment one will find a lack of commandos and mercenaries queing for the 4 v 4 ranked arenas.

<Source http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Commando%2FMercenary%20Treatment>

I am utterly disgusted at the lack of sensibilities of BW combat team. Our answers were crap, basically saying Snipers/Maras needed nerfs, and that they intentionally gave us a bad resource system/management. And NOW they insult us again by not fixing ANYTHING!

Well if you re-read their answers, most of the "This is a possible buff to Merc/Commando that we could make" were all prefaced by "we have no plans to do anything currently and think Merc/Commando is in a good place right now". The lack of any changes to Merc/Commando is not surprising really.

Here is the dev answer on the question (quote from top 3 answers thread)

Hahahahhahahahahaha !!!

This whole 'we want ur feedback' ... 'we want u to be part of the develoment' ... 'we want to hear ur opptions' ... its a f**king big joke ...

All the good work and the time spent here to elaborate the questions and answers ... and then ...

> IN UR FACE <

Edited by NeNiMel

Well if you re-read their answers, most of the "This is a possible buff to Merc/Commando that we could make" were all prefaced by "we have no plans to do anything currently and think Merc/Commando is in a good place right now". The lack of any changes to Merc/Commando is not surprising really.

The lack of changes says to me that we may see a revamp of the casting//interrupt mechanics in the next update. Since that is an integral part of both Merc/Mando and Sorc/Sage gameplay. Improving those mechanics would likely have a more positive impact than almost any other class specific change.

That aside, I am very annoyed that Power Surge/Tech Override cooldown was not lowered. Especially since the devs agreed in their answer that the cooldown length did not reflect the abilities effect.

The lack of changes says to me that we may see a revamp of the casting//interrupt mechanics in the next update. Since that is an integral part of both Merc/Mando and Sorc/Sage gameplay. Improving those mechanics would likely have a more positive impact than almost any other class specific change.

That aside, I am very annoyed that Power Surge/Tech Override cooldown was not lowered. Especially since the devs agreed in their answer that the cooldown length did not reflect the abilities effect.

While I would love to see those things addressed (lets be honest, in the current format casting is simply not possible when under pressure and that means that you can completely shut down a class by putting pressure on them) it seems to me to be too big of a change to be just a patch. If it ever materializes, it would almost have to be a part of an expansion.