The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

matrix cube at 55.

WorkinDad

While still many people just use the level 50 one a slight increase to 55 should be made. Like maybe some rakata/gree whatever item from the cartel to be used to combine some shards into umm "purple shards [blue+red]" or whatever to bring the matrix cube inline with other relics. i mean if you calculate the average players time spent collecting the shards then it's kinda worth looking into.

Then just make the cube in the usual way.

purple red red

purple green green

purple yellow yellow

purple blue blue

etc etc...

Edited by WorkinDad

Nice Idea, but please make it easier, add a couple of new colour shards, then add a new matrix assembler on either Makeb, Oricon or illium, one that can assemble 4 shards into a matrix.

Maybe make the new shards orange and purple, orange adds a power increase to the relic, while purple adds an alacrity increase. Just a thought.

Nice Idea, but please make it easier, add a couple of new colour shards, then add a new matrix assembler on either Makeb, Oricon or illium, one that can assemble 4 shards into a matrix.

Maybe make the new shards orange and purple, orange adds a power increase to the relic, while purple adds an alacrity increase. Just a thought.

I've got two words for you:

Phobis Devices.

Fear is a powerful weapon, and those who wield it can rule the galaxy. The Phobis devices were constructed for just that purpose. Brimming with dark energy, their mere presence was enough to spark crippling horror in the bravest of minds. Many Sith who meditated on the devices were driven mad by their attempt. Only the lost Sith Dread Masters successfully harnessed and perfected the Phobis devices' frightening power.

Three known Phobis devices exist, and the Emperor sealed one of them--the Core--within his Dark Temple. Although its dormant components have been scavenged, the Phobis Core remains active and will likely spread fear and hysteria for generations to come.

I. WANT. THEM.

While still many people just use the level 50 one a slight increase to 55 should be made. Like maybe some rakata/gree whatever item from the cartel to be used to combine some shards into umm "purple shards [blue+red]" or whatever to bring the matrix cube inline with other relics. i mean if you calculate the average players time spent collecting the shards then it's kinda worth looking into.

Then just make the cube in the usual way.

purple red red

purple green green

purple yellow yellow

purple blue blue

etc etc...

What you are suggesting is the very definition of pay to win.

DO NOT WANT.

• 2 months later...

Sorry but I need to necro this suggestion.

The Matrix Cube does need an update to 55 badly sine it was designed to be consistantly upgraded as you get through the levels. I'm not asking for it to become BiS like the Obroan relics or anything like that. I'm just saying that a modest increase (let's say +20/30) to each primary/secondary stat is long overdue.

Anyway, to obtain the level 55 upgrade, BW could go the Micro/Seeker route (but less annoying) and just add a new quest chain for that purpose. Alternatively, BW could also add new shard drops to the loot tables of mini-bosses in level 55 operations such as the Gargantuan Lobel in TFB or Bo Zarran and Accomplished Arms Trader in SNV. Neither of these option would be time consuming to implement in my opinion.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

Sorry but I need to necro this suggestion.

The Matrix Cube does need an update to 55 badly sine it was designed to be consistantly upgraded as you get through the levels. I'm not asking for it to become BiS like the Obroan relics or anything like that. I'm just saying that a modest increase (let's say +20/30) to each primary/secondary stat is long overdue.

Anyway, to obtain the level 55 upgrade, BW could go the Micro/Seeker route (but less annoying) and just add a new quest chain for that purpose. Alternatively, BW could also add new shard drops to the loot tables of mini-bosses in level 55 operations such as the Gargantuan Lobel in TFB or Bo Zarran and Accomplished Arms Trader in SNV. Neither of these option would be time consuming to implement in my opinion.

No need to be sorry, it is preferable to add to existing threads that are still relevant.

Now as for the idea, I think its silly to suggest new systems into the game when none are needed, much like using a sledge hammer for something that merely needs a thumbtack.

Just add more stats to the current highest level cubes to bring them up to relevancy to level 55 users, that's all that is needed. Also, it matters not if it indeed BIS for 1 slot.

No need to be sorry, it is preferable to add to existing threads that are still relevant.

Now as for the idea, I think its silly to suggest new systems into the game when none are needed, much like using a sledge hammer for something that merely needs a thumbtack.

Just add more stats to the current highest level cubes to bring them up to relevancy to level 55 users, that's all that is needed. Also, it matters not if it indeed BIS for 1 slot.

Yeah, it would be nice if BW just upgraded it for us automatically. However given that all previous forms of the Matrix Cube required 3 color shards to make, it is kind of doubtful that BW will just hand it to us that easily especially if the new cube is BiS or at least close to it. Hence me giving some alternative methods of obtaining new level 55 color shards as opposed to the old and boring "datacron hunting styled" method.

Edited by Oneirophrenia