Having troble staying alive and doing damage

Nirvashe

Hi I am a returning player and i decided to hop on my marauder which is level 34, I speced into annihilation at first and i was having trouble staying a live in pvp and pve. I was searching up and people were saying carnage is a better spec but i am still having troubles.

I was wondering if i could get some tips on getting back into playing this class, i really love it but i cant survive or do nearly enough damage

If you are 34, you should be stomping everything around you. Buy completely moddable armor, and use your planetary comms to buy armoring and mods as high as your level. If you are going to play annihilation you should be using this spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIrRroMc.3

Get to top of tree first before investing any points in combat or rage, then branch out to other trees.

Force leap + deadly sabers in the air towards target, rupture, assault or battering assault. Make sure you are using deadly sabers as soon as it comes off cool down, if there are a lot of mobs, remember to AOE sweep slash and spread deadly sabers bleeding to everyone + smash. Keep cloak of pain up as much as possible. And use berserk, when using berserk + deadly sabers + rupture you will get healed almost 1/3 your health. DO NOT refresh rupture, wait for it to fall off and reapply. It’s a major dps waste to refresh.

You should have assault, battering assault, vicious slash, rupture, (annihilate when you get it), retaliation, and vicious throw, pretty much in a priority of deadly sabers + rupture, vicious slash, battering assault, and assault, and retaliation when it procs. When I say priority I mean whenever one in that order is off cooldown use it first in the order that I stated (apologies, but I don't know how long you have played MMO's)

If it was me, i'd run with a dps companion too.

EDIT: Oh, also you want to keeping force leaping at 0 meters into your enemy for rage generation whenever it's off cooldown, one of the things I miss most about anni spec.

Edited by leeroyclarkson

1. Wear adaptable armor and upgrade now and then. This alone be a game changer.

2. Ideally you want to roll with Treek for ranged damage and healing but Quin works too. In any event having a healer will help you.

3. If your fights are lasting more than a few seconds you are doing It wrong. Unlike gunslingers all of our abilities are instant so we hit hard we hit fast if you aren't you need to work on your priority rotation. If you are having trouble pay attention to the skill tree. Certain skills build up rage while other skills will set up the next skill at no cost or make the following attack an automatic critical which makes setting up your basic rotation a snap.

4. Research. For example I went through an entire game without realizing that damage/healing is based on a characters primary stats. In every storyline I've played you have a trooper with Aim and a healer with Cunning a their primary stats and if you get those stats mixed your characters will be nerfed.

I am by no means an elite player but I did the first four steps and I went from dying all the time to being able to solo all content up to Heoric 4s.

Update: Go into Biochem, Bioanalysis and Diplomacy for your crafting skills. Biochem gives you reusables which is a nice way of saying infinite stims, adrenals, and medpacks. Bioanalysis gives you the mats for Biochem and you can make crazy credits on GTN selling your mats. I clear several million credits a week and while that's very small compared to experts, it will allow you to buy everything you want on GTN. If you don't have the time to use Bioanalysis to make credits then make sure to use plantary coms to buy everything you will need. You will be stuck with blue rather than purple gear but you can get everything bug augments. Finally Dimplacy is good because in addition to building up Biochem and getting companion gifts you can max out your characters alignment which will allow you to use rellics which you want to have in your quick bar along with your other abilities.

Edited by Lecaja

1. Always take a healer with you. Their pitiful damage or lackluster tanking is nothing compared to the survivability Quinn offers.

2. Use Cloak of Pain. 20% doesn't sound like much, but it is additive with the damage reduction you already have and can be up half the time while chaining mobs.

3. Consider speccing rage. Annihilation is mostly single target and dot damage. Dots don't help you that much when mobs die too quickly, while rage will really help clear those packs in no time. If you do, don't make the mistake of speccing straight for force crush and use fury builders from other trees! You can get up to 4 fury for every rage spending attack, 2 for being attacked for every gcd, and 3 per enemy killed, and using frenzy will also generate huge amounts of rage for you. I'd do something like this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bzZ0MZfrMkbG.3 next in line would be 2 points in enraged slash and then up the rage tree.

Edited by Korevas