Undocumented change: Focus target shows up much larger than before

Jerba

With today's patch, the focus target has changed; it is now much larger than before. I asked two other players about this, and they were able to reproduce this issue.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/CMT7szp.jpg

As you can see, the focus target has changed, with the portrait now being on the left instead of the right side, and the target's name above the HP and mana bar instead of below it.

I could not find anything about this in the Patch Notes. Can you please check if this change was intended?

Edited by Jerba

Have you check your UI settings/customizations?

I'm not able to log on in-game, but I think my focus target bar has always looked like your second (new) version. Perhaps the patch changed or reset some of your UI changes?

Well, with this change they made it so that the focus target looks exactly like how your own character's bar. Before today, the focus target looked like your character's bar looked before 1.1.0.

I am pretty sure that they did change it because it was a real eye-opener when I first used the focus target today, and other players could confirm it.

It wouldn't necessarily say that it is worse now than before, but I am sure that many players will need a few minutes to change their UI because of this change. In any case, thanks to the Interface Editor we have at least the option to make it smaller again.

Edited by Jerba

• Dev Post

I've got an answer for you with regards to these changes! The Focus Target Window was actually updated intentionally in Game Update 2.4.1. Unfortunately, we missed the patch notes for them, and I apologize for this oversight! The Patch Notes have been updated to include the following under UI:

• The Interface Editor has been updated to add the following options for the Focus Target Window:
    • Show information text
    • Flip the display horizontally
    • Adjust buff and debuff icon sizes

[*]Increased the default size of the Focus Target Window. The window remains scalable via the Interface Editor.

Thanks very much for your posts! o/''\o

Edited by AmberGreen

I've got an answer for you with regards to these changes! The Focus Target Window was actually updated intentionally in Game Update 2.4.1. Unfortunately, we missed the patch notes for them, and I apologize for this oversight! The Patch Notes have been updated to include the following under UI:

• The Interface Editor has been updated to add the following options for the Focus Target Window:
    • Show information text

[*]Increased the default size of the Focus Target Window. The window remains scalable via the Interface Editor.

This is actually really good news. :)

• Show information text

Wow, you forgot the best part too! Bout time those changes were made...