Issues with Asassin - Read

Vitiatix

I've played rogue type classes for years. Here's what we need immediately:

1. Stealth bar. I've already heard plenty of complaints of cluttered bars.

2. More stuns. Why do we only have one stun, shared with Sorcerer/Sage?

3. Lower GCD. The point of melee is to be faster paced combat.

4. Better utility skills. Overcharge saber is pretty bad. Give us something to regenerate Force over 15 seconds instead of the saber charge damage.

5. Better opening ability/abilities. Spike only stuns for 2 seconds, and does less damage than auto attack.

Edited by Vitiatix

4. Better utility skills. Overcharge saber is pretty bad. Give us something to regenerate Force over 15 seconds instead of the saber charge damage.

5. Better opening ability/abilities. Spike only stuns for 2 seconds, and does less damage than auto attack.

You want wow rogue copy. No thx. More stuns? What for? Resolve bar my friend, you can't stunlock in this game.

Spike role is not to burst target, but to pin it down so you can plan your followup moves.

Stealth bar for what? You have plenty of keybinding space and action bars...

1. Really not needed. There are 2 stealth only abilities really spike and mind trap. Put them on a secondary hotbar problem solved.

2. Shock, Spike, and Electrocute all pve stuns. PvP has way to many stuns as is do not need anymore.

3. 1.5 sec GCD is pretty standard and it is fine as is

4. Overcharge is bad unless specced in tank but we have plenty of utility skills in our tank line, accuracy debuff, damage debuff, self healing, stealth mez, ect. Also we have dark embrace and blackout when specced for +50% regeneration for a while. It's plenty once you figure out a good rotation.

5. Our openers are fine. Spike has it's uses mostly in pvp to block or interrupt some and the point. Discharge is a good opener for general use due to it's cd.

The only real issue I have with sins is a pvp issue is that our only good close the distance method force pull requires us to be tank specced. Stealth will get you into combat once , force speed is usually required to recover from the million knockbacks, and force cloak a second time if you willing to blow it for 3 minutes but unlike SW whose Force leap is on a relatively small cd our stealth requires us to leave combat. This means we get tore up by range really fast since our dps stances have the worst armor of any melee class. Really force slow having increased range would fix this problem for me imo.

Edited by kainsec

My only point of agreement would be the " Lower GCD. The point of melee is to be faster paced combat".

I find this VERY frustrating :(. Press the ability + lag to record keypress + game lag + 1.5sec GCD..... then press next ability, wait another 1.5 secs, press next ability....wait another 1.5 secs.....and let's be honest the UI isn't exactly perfect either which also adds to the problem.

I find its too much, it takes a away lot of the fluidity in PVP melee combat. I don't find it a problem in PVE, but PVP is much faster paced and I notice it a lot here. I would really like to see the GCD reduced.

I even tried reducing it by stacking Alacrity for a test and I noticed no discernable decrease in my GCD :(

This is why even though I'm deception specced I almost always PVP in dark charge... I find the damage lost is way less than the survivability gained, and most of your stuff still works in dark charge (lose a lot of the synergy from surging charge but like I said, you lose 20% damage and gaine 50% survival)...

This is why even though I'm deception specced I almost always PVP in dark charge... I find the damage lost is way less than the survivability gained, and most of your stuff still works in dark charge (lose a lot of the synergy from surging charge but like I said, you lose 20% damage and gaine 50% survival)...

50% more armor doesn't mean 50% more survival.

Aside from needing 35 different keybinds to use all your abilities I don't really have a problem with the class.

agreed.

I will say this is one of the most 1 dimensional rogue classes ive played in an MMO. maul, maul, discharge, maul, maul.

My only point of agreement would be the " Lower GCD. The point of melee is to be faster paced combat".

I find this VERY frustrating :(. Press the ability + lag to record keypress + game lag + 1.5sec GCD..... then press next ability, wait another 1.5 secs, press next ability....wait another 1.5 secs.....and let's be honest the UI isn't exactly perfect either which also adds to the problem.

I find its too much, it takes a away lot of the fluidity in PVP melee combat. I don't find it a problem in PVE, but PVP is much faster paced and I notice it a lot here. I would really like to see the GCD reduced.

I even tried reducing it by stacking Alacrity for a test and I noticed no discernable decrease in my GCD :(

Well, without an auto attack, there is no way to swing faster. I like ur idea here. I dont understand the 1.5 sec CD.

I enjoy the class and have no problems with the DPS, but I will list a few complaint. Who knows, maybe Bioware reads these (probably not).

- That stupid CD (don't know the name of it) that gives you a boost for 20sec and is on 1.5 min CD. I hate the concept of CDs like this. Makes most battles just about whose CD is up or not. DUMB.

- Slow, clunky response time from button presses.

- Way too many buttons. All these moves do the same crappy thing. Can we at least get two line macros? It isn't fun pressing a butt ton of buttons.

- Huttball sucks. Huttball is gimmicky, pointless and doesn't fit in Starwars. You have this serious, intense game and then you insert the annoying joke of Huttball. Huttball is to SWTOR as JarJar Binks is to the Star Wars Saga.

- Im sorry, but I don't think Sith Assasins should get lightning. They are nimble, stealthy blade wielders. Not masters of sorcery.

- Rawr

- Im sorry, but I don't think Sith Assasins should get lightning. They are nimble, stealthy blade wielders. Not masters of sorcery.

Umm, they are Inquisitors, which are masters of Dark Side powers. You are using trickery, and are relying on Force powers constantly instead of brute force. Shock, Saber charges, our stuns, are all manipulations of lightning which stem from mastery of the Dark Side. There are very few "blade wielding" only abilities, and they are just fillers for the good stuff or are enhanced by the lightning based abilities. If you want a blade wielder, roll Marauder.

Plus, assassins are not rogues, were never intended to be rogues, and will never be rogues. If you wanted to play a rogue class I recommend the Operative which has "Backstab" and also can stealth. If you want to draw a comparison to another game, think Enhancement Shaman.

In Beta I questioned the Devs about why Sins even had "Stealth" to begin with. There is no storyline reason "Why" to back it up, it is not shown in lore at all and it doesn't tie in with the utility of the class at all in the big picture. The Devs were very kind to respond to me saying that it enchanced the playstyle and allowed a greater variation of the role to seperate it from Marauder as a force wielding DPS class.

Indeed.

PvP survivability should be a non issue in warzones if you're doing it right. Same with open world the whole point of Sin PvP is that you can choose your engagements

I have ~50% damage mitigation + shield in dark charge while only having around 25% mitigation in surging. I use surging when I am in a pure attacking role, but once the fighting is over, regardless of the warzone, I find I do much more and get more bonus points if I switch over to dark to defend nodes or carry the ball / guard the ball carrier. The point isn't to kill someone fast at that point, but rather to use all your cooldowns to keep people from clicking stuff until backup arrives, and in dark charge, with all cooldowns up I can hold off 3-4 people for a good 30 seconds or more easily, longer if I have force cloak up.

For pure killing or dueling people I am a purist and go for max dps stun lock to death. That's not the point of most of the warzones and pvp we have available right now though...

I have ~50% damage mitigation + shield in dark charge while only having around 25% mitigation in surging. I use surging when I am in a pure attacking role, but once the fighting is over, regardless of the warzone, I find I do much more and get more bonus points if I switch over to dark to defend nodes or carry the ball / guard the ball carrier. The point isn't to kill someone fast at that point, but rather to use all your cooldowns to keep people from clicking stuff until backup arrives, and in dark charge, with all cooldowns up I can hold off 3-4 people for a good 30 seconds or more easily, longer if I have force cloak up.

For pure killing or dueling people I am a purist and go for max dps stun lock to death. That's not the point of most of the warzones and pvp we have available right now though...

So there you said it :> Sin have the adaptability to switch roles on demand and perform well at both tasks. Am very happy with the class myself, first PvP I did at lvl 25, I was 1st on kills with 41 kills. Yes going rambo in a group of 3+ players would get me killed, but that's perfectly fine, I have to plan my attacks, pick up most important targets, assist dps / peels etc.

What bothered me was the fact that blackout and force cloak were both showing as unavailable - on CD despite they were not used - possible a bug in warzones? As well as Mind Crush debuff not showing on targes at all (not even in pve, and since it has no CD, there is no way to track how long is left on it on a mob).