The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

Beniboybling

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leia has good battle meditation, however I do not believe it is going to be so effective so as to win any engagements, merely because battle meditation can only do so much, but mainly because of and a lot worse for the Alliance:

Krayt is looking for her if the Alliance is all of a sudden better in one engagement than the other combined with his ability to see Shatterpoints everywhere, he can track her down and cut off the sole planet she is on, this enables him to find out which planet she is on, which makes it a lot easier to contain her and stop her from escaping, what this further allows is a blockade, he doesn't need to attack, he can keep her there, he can then go on to keep those forces there, whilst the other major battle is won.

The reason I say this is because of the point being made by you both, you are concentrating your forces a boon for me, if concentrated into say two major battles and you still have smaller fleets on the other three planets then I have a clear numbers advantage, in the one battle Leia does participate in once again I only need to keep her there, meanwhile the numbers advantage and a better tactician(not by a lot but by a big enough margin to clearly make a difference) win the other major battle.

This means that Tune's navy is seriously damaged and Krayt's Empire takes a big numbers advantage, the Empire can then concentrate it's forces onto the one planet she is on, with overwhelming numbers and a better tactician, Battle Meditation alone is not going to be capable of winning the other major engagement, she is also stuck on that planet, making the Kaggath easier to win, once the space battle is won, then all I need do is take down the Shield Generator with the full might of the 10,000 501st supported by 1,000 Elite Commandos this is still a battle I believe I would win especially with a unit that can move without making a sound, with light deflecting armor making it hard to spot them and the ability to move through shields with impunity and also for the following:

I still have much higher quality troops when it comes to main force vs main force on the ground, the Rebel troops are good but the 501st is the best damn legion in the galaxy and are noted numerous times as one of the most highly trained and experienced legions on record, they have always dealt with much higher odds and they have never been deployed in particularly high numbers, Vader himself only ever took at the most a few thousand with him into a mission, because he never needed the entire legion to win any one war.

The Krytos Virus spreads very very quickly, it wont just effect the Alliance's forces but the general populations as well, the quickness of the virus and the sheer amount of people that can potentially be infected is a huge clean up effort for the Alliance and in the midst of the war it might not be feasible.

Also, there is a very big two way street, the more sent to sabotage my planets or shipyards or whatever, the less the AoW has defending their own planets making the job easier and easier by the more and more sent, it also needs to be noted that I have natural defences and many many ways of keeping track of things, not only do I have a skilled intelligence agent, I have her controlling Hunter Killer Probots making the job a lot more difficult.

Edited by LadyKulvax

I'd like some evidence on Tune being able to train troops in five days. Han Solo's tenure on Carida was two weeks, and he was widely considered to be exceptional.

He was even exceptional when he finished graduating and mostly where I was getting it was the Empire at war game troops took a few days game time to train. If I wanted to get some one a quarter of han's skill 5 days by scaling would be sufficient would it not?

He was even exceptional when he finished graduating and mostly where I was getting it was the Empire at war game troops took a few days game time to train. If I wanted to get some one a quarter of han's skill 5 days by scaling would be sufficient would it not?

Game Mechanics are not canon and Han Solo was an exceptional case for any regular troop i would hazard at the very very least double the amount of time, time you dont have, unless you basically want to be throwing in what will essentially be, militia with rifles, which turns into a massacre quickly which the recruits would likely rout from in droves.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Yeah, game mechanics in EaW - not reliable. It takes like what, 30 days to build the Death Star?

And that logic you used would only work if each recruit was as exceptional as Han, they will have slower learning curves.

Edited by Beniboybling

1. I made no such assumtions I am sending 600 and keeping 600 on my own ships. If half of them get blown out of the sky that's 300 that board and that's the ability to take over 6 of my enemy ships. I likely have more fighters then my enemies since I know I have a few carriers and my opponent does not allowing them to run cover so I could likely get more then half. The other 600 are more then enough to stop and shut down any droids that could get aboard as their training was extremely vast in just that regard.

2. My planets are 90% human an epidemic on the scale you that is being talked about is extremely small 10% of a population getting sick is something the planets people are more then capable of tacking care of themselves with out the militaries help.

3. It would take me 5 days to train a few hundred thousand troops while they will not be of the same standard they are vastly more, if I want to take more time those same troops can be of the proper standard as a standard troop in 2 weeks time. The rebels know how to get the proper training in fast. What I am trying to say is with my population and a training ground like Carida it is faster to train troops then it is to build droids with only a couple factories.

10% has still got a few billion, and if you think that they can recover from a deadly bioweapon without help then your mistaken. This is a national crisis, but worse.

Leia has good battle meditation, however I do not believe it is going to be so effective so as to win any engagements, merely because battle meditation can only do so much, but mainly because of and a lot worse for the Alliance:

Krayt is looking for her if the Alliance is all of a sudden better in one engagement than the other combined with his ability to see Shatterpoints everywhere, he can track her down and cut off the sole planet she is on, this enables him to find out which planet she is on, which makes it a lot easier to contain her and stop her from escaping, what this further allows is a blockade, he doesn't need to attack, he can keep her there, he can then go on to keep those forces there, whilst the other major battle is won.

The reason I say this is because of the point being made by you both, you are concentrating your forces a boon for me, if concentrated into say two major battles and you still have smaller fleets on the other three planets then I have a clear numbers advantage, in the one battle Leia does participate in once again I only need to keep her there, meanwhile the numbers advantage and a better tactician(not by a lot but by a big enough margin to clearly make a difference) win the other major battle.

This means that Tune's navy is seriously damaged and Krayt's Empire takes a big numbers advantage, the Empire can then concentrate it's forces onto the one planet she is on, with overwhelming numbers and a better tactician, Battle Meditation alone is not going to be capable of winning the other major engagement, she is also stuck on that planet, making the Kaggath easier to win, once the space battle is won, then all I need do is take down the Shield Generator with the full might of the 10,000 501st supported by 1,000 Elite Commandos this is still a battle I believe I would win especially with a unit that can move without making a sound, with light deflecting armor making it hard to spot them and the ability to move through shields with impunity and also for the following:

I still have much higher quality troops when it comes to main force vs main force on the ground, the Rebel troops are good but the 501st is the best damn legion in the galaxy and are noted numerous times as one of the most highly trained and experienced legions on record, they have always dealt with much higher odds and they have never been deployed in particularly high numbers, Vader himself only ever took at the most a few thousand with him into a mission, because he never needed the entire legion to win any one war.

The Krytos Virus spreads very very quickly, it wont just effect the Alliance's forces but the general populations as well, the quickness of the virus and the sheer amount of people that can potentially be infected is a huge clean up effort for the Alliance and in the midst of the war it might not be feasible.

Also, there is a very big two way street, the more sent to sabotage my planets or shipyards or whatever, the less the AoW has defending their own planets making the job easier and easier by the more and more sent, it also needs to be noted that I have natural defences and many many ways of keeping track of things, not only do I have a skilled intelligence agent, I have her controlling Hunter Killer Probots making the job a lot more difficult.

But surely with Leia's Battle Meditation any forces sent to "contain" here will be overwhelmed, dealing heavy damage and freeing up Leia to assist the other fleet. I'm not sure exactly how the KV plans to stop her.

Assassination perhaps? That's the only thing I can see working.

Ok going to say it again..... there are no ships at my other planets because YOU CANT GET TO THEM :) the only way to get to them is going through the hyperspace lanes at Brentaal and Rendili...... that's it you cant get to them....

If you try to spread your Naval forces out which ever battle you do engage in is going to be a serious loss for you with out me losing much of anything because my forces are concentrated and not spread out. Your tactitians aren't better then mine at least not large enough to make any kind of a real difference.

Your elite commando's are part of the 10k so its 9k with 1k elite commando's remember minor ground force never totals more then 10k. The 501st never fought rebels that out-gunned them only droids. When ever the 501st were deployed against rebels they always had the advantage, yet the rebels still managed to escape at times and they still managed to damage the 501st. I wouldn't give you more then a 3:1 advantage honestly which you would need more then that to beat them.

90% population is human virus doesn't put a large enough dent for most people to even notice. Its a lot of people but compared to the number of people on the planet no one even bats and eye.

I not only have infiltration units who have gotten past all that before but I also have Counter-counter intelligence officers who are meant to as their name implies counter your ability to find hidden units. these are largly called spec Ops members.

Also My Spec forces have stealth technology as well and that can be used both offensively and defensively. I already gave the numbers spread and that should be more then enough to stop an invasion.

For ships I could have 60 at the location that contains Wedge, Luke and Leia and have 80 at the location that doesn't.

If you send 80 to hit both locals then you could potentially lose both engagements. If you send Pellaeon to hit the fleet with 80 you will likely win there but you would assuredly Lose and Lose hard at the location with 60 much harder then you won thanks to the concentration of the leadership all working together and then you find yourself facing a numerically superior enemy. If you send Pellaeon to the place with the 60 and Leia, Wedge and Luke this could be rough battle but with the likelihood that you would have more ships stolen from you then me and the possible reinforcement sent from hapes again both engagements could be lost. Any space offense would need to be concentrated and any infiltration units I have will know you are attacking so my forces will be ready for you and possibly pull you out before you are ready.

Just some thoughts.

10% has still got a few billion, and if you think that they can recover from a deadly bioweapon without help then your mistaken. This is a national crisis, but worse.

a few billion will not be noticed in a population that size not truly 10% is still only 10% people die everyday and with how spread out those aliens are they may just think its natural causes.

Stormtroopers were noted as elite soldiers of the Empire they aren't cannon fodder, and while if I did only do a very small amount of training in 2 weeks that is still far more then enough to get the people to fight as half decent militia and that is still a few hundred thousand at that time.

Edit: actually looking at things I think it would take at least 10 weeks to train decent soldiers as that is the time it says basic training takes here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Basic_Training.

If I rushed it to 2 weeks I would get a barely trained Militia if I rushed it to 5 weeks I could still get decent soldiers I believe but any faster then that would be a problem. That being said I should be able to train quite a few at a time. And even if its just a barely trained Militia in the right spots with the right guns they can be a big help especially when the enemy is already running out of elite troops to begin with.

Edited by tunewalker

Scratch my comment about the Imperial Commando Unit having inferior tech and ability. I got the information confused, XD thought he was talking about them when he wasn't. Though still waiting on armor specs.

Stormtroopers were noted as elite soldiers of the Empire they aren't cannon fodder, and while if I did only do a very small amount of training in 2 weeks that is still far more then enough to get the people to fight as half decent militia and that is still a few hundred thousand at that time.

Stormtroopers undergo 2 years of training.....the source being The Essential Guide to Warfare...which seems rather confusing to me, and I would like clarification if Aurbere has it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Scratch my comment about the Imperial Commando Unit having inferior tech and ability. I got the information confused, XD thought he was talking about them when he wasn't. Though still waiting on armor specs.

Stormtroopers undergo 2 years of training.....the source being The Essential Guide to Warfare...which seems rather confusing to me, and I would like clarification if Aurbere has it.

yes storm troopers did 2 years never said they didn't.

I was saying I was going to train soldiers to replace my standard ground troops in 2-5 weeks.

Edit: if I do manage to hold back my enemies fleet with the ships being built on Hapes and Rendili and the Repair yards at Brentaal fixing my damaged ships and with all the rest of the ruckus being caused (its possible both Pellaeon and Wedge duked it out in space for months before with far less ships) then in 10 weeks or 70 days I could get a few hundred thousand decent troops out of Carida while the droid factories will have only built 3500 droids. thus allowing me to turn the tides. 10 weeks thing is gotten from here basic training http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Basic_Training If you look at the break down of the 10 weeks you will see that I can get a half decent Militia (not a great one just a decent one that knows how to shoot at least) if I cut the first 3 weeks out and the last 2 weeks out (the 10th week is called the recovery week so.... there is that). Now I am waiting for a real life soldier to come in and says that's not how it works cus its probably not lol.

Edited by tunewalker

But surely with Leia's Battle Meditation any forces sent to "contain" here will be overwhelmed, dealing heavy damage and freeing up Leia to assist the other fleet. I'm not sure exactly how the KV plans to stop her.

Assassination perhaps? That's the only thing I can see working.

But how effective is Leia's Battle Meditation? when did she use it? how did she use it? how large were the effects?

Winning an entire space battle is no easy feat even for Battle Meditation users.

But how effective is Leia's Battle Meditation? when did she use it? how did she use it? how large were the effects?

Winning an entire space battle is no easy feat even for Battle Meditation users.

Remember she is still having Wedge there so the tactics are fairly even, even if Pellaeon is there so it would only need to tip the scales ever so slightly to be effective.

Her Battle Meditation was well trained enough that she could effect both enemies and allies and she had even been able to develop her abilities to be capable of Force Melds which was the more advanced and refined version of Battle meditation so all-in-all should be pretty effective.

yes storm troopers did 2 years never said they didn't.

I was saying I was going to train soldiers to replace my standard ground troops in 2-5 weeks.

Edit: if I do manage to hold back my enemies fleet with the ships being built on Hapes and Rendili and the Repair yards at Brentaal fixing my damaged ships and with all the rest of the ruckus being caused (its possible both Pellaeon and Wedge duked it out in space for months before with far less ships) then in 10 weeks or 70 days I could get a few hundred thousand decent troops out of Carida while the droid factories will have only built 3500 droids. thus allowing me to turn the tides. 10 weeks thing is gotten from here basic training http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Basic_Training

Ya sorry dunno why I quoted you about that. O.o

But anyway Aurbere do you have the Warfare Guide? Is the training really 2 years? I just find it odd, because they don't really seem to have a positive spotlight on them...least regular Stormtroopers anyway.

Plus them being noted by Cody(?) that they are piss poor...but then I guess he was being biased about that and comparing them to Clones who trained since birth.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

If you try to spread your Naval forces out which ever battle you do engage in is going to be a serious loss for you with out me losing much of anything because my forces are concentrated and not spread out. Your tactitians aren't better then mine at least not large enough to make any kind of a real difference.

Your elite commando's are part of the 10k so its 9k with 1k elite commando's remember minor ground force never totals more then 10k. The 501st never fought rebels that out-gunned them only droids. When ever the 501st were deployed against rebels they always had the advantage, yet the rebels still managed to escape at times and they still managed to damage the 501st. I wouldn't give you more then a 3:1 advantage honestly which you would need more then that to beat them.

90% population is human virus doesn't put a large enough dent for most people to even notice. Its a lot of people but compared to the number of people on the planet no one even bats and eye.

I not only have infiltration units who have gotten past all that before but I also have Counter-counter intelligence officers who are meant to as their name implies counter your ability to find hidden units. these are largly called spec Ops members.

Also My Spec forces have stealth technology as well and that can be used both offensively and defensively. I already gave the numbers spread and that should be more then enough to stop an invasion.

For ships I could have 60 at the location that contains Wedge, Luke and Leia and have 80 at the location that doesn't.

If you send 80 to hit both locals then you could potentially lose both engagements. If you send Pellaeon to hit the fleet with 80 you will likely win there but you would assuredly Lose and Lose hard at the location with 60 much harder then you won thanks to the concentration of the leadership all working together and then you find yourself facing a numerically superior enemy. If you send Pellaeon to the place with the 60 and Leia, Wedge and Luke this could be rough battle but with the likelihood that you would have more ships stolen from you then me and the possible reinforcement sent from hapes again both engagements could be lost. Any space offense would need to be concentrated and any infiltration units I have will know you are attacking so my forces will be ready for you and possibly pull you out before you are ready.

Just some thoughts.

My tacticians are better, we already settled this, I showed effectively that Pallaeon is the best of his time at his prime, this is stated in the canon by more than a few people.

You also miss the point, this is a blockade to stop Leia from escaping and unless a source directly states her battle meditation can win an entire space battle I have a hard time believing the victory will be so easy.

Wait so you can have Regular troopers and special forces and spec ops on top of them but my Imperial Commandos deduct from my main legion? that is fair...... not.

Also you failed to take into account a singular problem here, my 501st at the strength of 10,000 men can beat 25,000 when the vast majority of that is merely generic Rebel Soldiers.

Also intelligence isn't the point here it is an intricate web of many many droids, thousands if not tens of thousands of them all over my planets, but more importantly they are managed by Imperial Intelligence, I dont understand how you can counter getting caught by probots that can self destruct in your face and wipe out everything in a certain vicinity, one capture is all it takes then everything goes on high alert to the point that everything everywhere gets searched, the most important buildings go on lock down, the job gets much harder.

Also you missed the part where my other Elite Commando units caused major distractions using other critical targets as bait for your special forces to reply to, with your main force dealing with the 501st, your SpecOps or Special Forces are forced into replying or my Commandos can simply run rampant over all sorts of your defences, only increasing the chance of my larger ground victory.

You unfortunately have left out one fact here, Pallaeon can lead the whole campaign very effectively, something he could do a lot better than many, he could act as a commander in both battles, that is how good he was, he has done it beforehand and here is where Krayt comes in once more, he has a great mastery over foresight and had the ability to see the tactics of his enemies in battles that were yet to be fought, he has done this more than once, he could do this yet again here and even better his unrivaled skill with Shatterpoint can allow him to see shatterpoints in both your tactics and your forces making for an easier job for my own forces.

Also I am still yet to here any source that states that Leia's Battle Meditation was so so good that she could win an entire battle with it, if I am wrong please correct me.

Then we factor in my spare fleet and that is once again an advantage for me in either battle.

Remember she is still having Wedge there so the tactics are fairly even, even if Pellaeon is there so it would only need to tip the scales ever so slightly to be effective.

Her Battle Meditation was well trained enough that she could effect both enemies and allies and she had even been able to develop her abilities to be capable of Force Melds which was the more advanced and refined version of Battle meditation so all-in-all should be pretty effective.

I doubt that point I still believe there is a certain margin between the two in tactical ability, again this is Supreme Commander Pallaeon not the Thrawn Trilogy Pallaeon he was a hell of a lot more effective, he didnt just command a few ships he was a full blown campaign commander.

Her Force Meld allowed her to meld with other Jedi to increase their ability to compliment each other, making them very good with teamwork, but I have not actually seen any evidence of her ability to use this in a large battle, yet again if i am wrong please do correct me with a source.

My tacticians are better, we already settled this, I showed effectively that Pallaeon is the best of his time at his prime, this is stated in the canon by more than a few people.

You also miss the point, this is a blockade to stop Leia from escaping and unless a source directly states her battle meditation can win an entire space battle I have a hard time believing the victory will be so easy.

Wait so you can have Regular troopers and special forces and spec ops on top of them but my Imperial Commandos deduct from my main legion? that is fair...... not.

Also you failed to take into account a singular problem here, my 501st at the strength of 10,000 men can beat 25,000 when the vast majority of that is merely generic Rebel Soldiers.

Also intelligence isn't the point here it is an intricate web of many many droids, thousands if not tens of thousands of them all over my planets, but more importantly they are managed by Imperial Intelligence, I dont understand how you can counter getting caught by probots that can self destruct in your face and wipe out everything in a certain vicinity, one capture is all it takes then everything goes on high alert to the point that everything everywhere gets searched, the most important buildings go on lock down, the job gets much harder.

Also you missed the part where my other Elite Commando units caused major distractions using other critical targets as bait for your special forces to reply to, with your main force dealing with the 501st, your SpecOps or Special Forces are forced into replying or my Commandos can simply run rampant over all sorts of your defences, only increasing the chance of my larger ground victory.

You unfortunately have left out one fact here, Pallaeon can lead the whole campaign very effectively, something he could do a lot better than many, he could act as a commander in both battles, that is how good he was, he has done it beforehand and here is where Krayt comes in once more, he has a great mastery over foresight and had the ability to see the tactics of his enemies in battles that were yet to be fought, he has done this more than once, he could do this yet again here and even better his unrivaled skill with Shatterpoint can allow him to see shatterpoints in both your tactics and your forces making for an easier job for my own forces.

Also I am still yet to here any source that states that Leia's Battle Meditation was so so good that she could win an entire battle with it, if I am wrong please correct me.

Then we factor in my spare fleet and that is once again an advantage for me in either battle.

You have minor ground forces I have Major. that's how it works.

you don't have thousands of droids there is no friken way. You might have 15 I don't buy thousands it takes time to build them and your factories aren't that good. Also the way you counter that is simple they get captured and feed false info. You catch enough of them and you think have stopped the plan thus you aren't increasing security as that's what normally happens. The spec Ops have gone in before to take attention off of planned assaults that's one of the things they do.

Leia's battle meditation is not winning a battle on its own.... seriously do I have to say this over and over again. Wedge is an even tactics with Pellaeon through their history together nothing you have provided has really proven other wise I already linked their engagement and that showed that they were in-fact even. Every commander even Wedge could direct 2 assaults at a time but the maneuvers used once their was not that of the Admiral who directed them there it was that of the captains. Leia could Foresee big attacks towards important places and Luke could foresee any danger that was going to happen to Leia at this time all his foresight was based on that.

I didn't miss the part about your Elite commando's but the Rebels know how to prioritize to make sure the primary targets do not fall. Remember I was saying 3k special forces on the ground for the task of protecting the points. These guys aren't slouches and I would think that even your 1000 Elite commando Unit would only be able to handle 1500 of them especially when those 1500 are being effected by Battle Meditation.

Same with the 9k rest of the Legion vs the 15,000 standard troops also being effected by battle meditation.

Edit: If you get thousands of droids at the start from Arkyd industries then I should be able to get 60 Battle Dragons from Hapes with no building time.

Edit 2: put more elaboration on what Counter-counter intelligence looks like.

Edited again because I messed up the numbers of standard troops.

Edited by tunewalker

I doubt that point I still believe there is a certain margin between the two in tactical ability, again this is Supreme Commander Pallaeon not the Thrawn Trilogy Pallaeon he was a hell of a lot more effective, he didnt just command a few ships he was a full blown campaign commander.

Her Force Meld allowed her to meld with other Jedi to increase their ability to compliment each other, making them very good with teamwork, but I have not actually seen any evidence of her ability to use this in a large battle, yet again if i am wrong please do correct me with a source.

I was just saying a Force Meld is an advanced version of Battle Meditation it would stand to reason that the ability to use an advanced version of battle meditation would make your battle meditation advanced..... but I will try to find a more solid source then reason.

I wasn't comparing thrawn Trilogy Pellaeon the time they faced was 4 years after that and Wedge had been a commander for all of about a few months by that point so it again stands to reason he got much better as he gained more experience and his time in the YV war showed just that as the first major victory of the war was done by Wedge and Wedge was there and instrumental for a lot of the Major Victories. They are even based on how they faced in Wedges earlier career and the way they both preformed during the YV war was similar. They should be considered on an even keel. Pellaeon still inherently trusts Imperial intelligence so if an Imperial intelligence officer tells him something he is going to believe it and since Wedge can fool the IMperial intelligence officer he can fool Pellaeon.

It is indeed in the Essential Guide to Warfare. Stormtroopers go through training on Carida for two years.

It is indeed in the Essential Guide to Warfare. Stormtroopers go through training on Carida for two years.

Alright....then writers need to show this instead of making Stormtroopers seem so bad. Cause it seems to me the Empire just wastes resources training these guys.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Training new soldiers in a matter of days is only going to hurt the Alliance's ground forces. They will be cannon fodder in comparison to the 501st and Krath War Droids.

Speaking of Krath War Droids. It's time to discuss the impact that they will have on the battlefield.

Oh, and Infiltrator Probe Droids. Don't underestimate them.