PVP - Oricon Raid (Imperial)

Sarano

Event takes place: This tuesday 8/10, so the upcoming Tuesday. - From 2 PM GMT+1, so basically at the daily / weekly reset, or whenever server's up incase of a maintenance. We'll stop when people feel like it / everyone has the achievement. This is the plan so far, but can be changed if need be.

Right so, Roudy and I were talking (I know, miracle right? Long story tell you later np) and we figured that since there's an achievement for getting 1500 player kills on Oricon which gives you the title "Scare Bear" AND in addition to that, if you kill 30+ imperial AND republic guards (at their base naturally) + the 1500 kills you get a title "Judged Dread". Now Roudy and I both want these titles and we already know many other people do. So we figured for Tuesday on reset, we'd organize an ops for raiding the republic base, another event will be created soon enough for the imperial base raid.

IF you wanna come, either post in this topic (or PM me, in-game or on the forums doesn't really matter, I'll count you in regardless. If in-game send the mail to either Tho'rrax, Lethan or Kárn)

And we do have some requirements because we already tried with pugs and failed miserably

PvP gear - It's a must, there's no bolster so if you come with less than 1800 expertise you gotta be absolutely sure you can take care of yourself, there's enough spots in the ops group but we're not gonna invite people who don't understand the concept of expertise.

This is NOT an elite event, everyone's welcome aslong as you atleast wear pvp gear (Even if you're a douche or have me on ignore, you can still come, nobody's excluded.)

No class requirements really, It'd be nice if you'd PM me with details of spec / class, It's not essential but I'd appreciate it because we do want to optimize the ops group to atleast be able to sustain / burst. Do NOT expect no republics to be around, It's a reset and we'll be at their base so naturally we'll be fighting a lot.

No need for voice com because we'd rather not have 20+ people on TS, there won't be any strategies called out, It'll be somewhat of a zerg fest but still, please atleast know what a resolve bar is.

Lastly, if any of you don't wanna come because you dislike this or that person, get over it - this is simply for an achievement and some open world pvp fun, we're not going to dictate who comes and who doesn't, I just want to know how many / who / classes / specs etc.

TLDR - If you wanna come for world pvp on Oricon, PM me a message either in-game or on the forums (details about spec / class optional). Bring PvP gear. AND BE a level 55 Imperial.

FYI: I'm Corvineus / Tho'rrax / Kárn - Yes I'm a bad person, but this is a server event for something productive.

Edited by Sarano

In all seriousness:

SIGN ME UP

I can come on:

Mara (full minmax'd obroan gear, come at me)

Jugg (tank/dps, tank set is better tho)

Operative (heals; still working on gear but I should be good to go by Tuesday)

Sin (dps exclusive, rip sin tanking)

Sorc (heal/dps, shares gear with my sin, stalker set BOOM)

Man I'm tempted to copy/paste this thread and change "imps" to "pubs".

Let it sink in, it would have been funny. Trust me, it would.

Anyhow, douche signing up (mostly to test your "all are welcome" statement but also because I live a very said life and have nothing better to do). I really should get back on those meds.

I have a sorc (Windsy) I can heal on, I'll send some orbroan from windessa and the rest will be part/conq, and a sniper that hopefully will be in full Conq by Tuesday. Work is cutting deep in to my game time.

A concern could be that they throw in a long patch. There are several known bugs at the moment (the 7 vs 4 arenas probably being the worst) so I wouldnt be surprised if it could take up to 5 hours. Also, expect a lot of PvE'ers to complain about it.

Edited by MidichIorian

You want to make a raid to kill people that play alone or in small groups?

Ugh, grow some balls please. At least then just make it a big event and make sure there is a republic raid as well.

Anyways I'll be working so you won't be seeing me singling any of you out.

Ugh, grow some balls please. At least then just make it a big event and make sure there is a republic raid as well.

I take it you didn't like losing in arenas last night. : P

die in hell, then die again plz

Edited by elitegerike

I take it you didn't like losing in arenas last night. : P

Honestly? I don't really care losing from that nonsense hybrid PT **** :p

Anyways, I said my peace. Glhf ganking loners with 10 people :rolleyes:

Edited by Evolixe

Honestly? I don't really care losing from that nonsense hybrid PT **** :p

Anyways, I said my peace. Glhf ganking loners with 10 people :rolleyes:

I watched the stream btw.. Xeoul tells you to low slash me whenever I use flame thrower, and as I use flamethrower after pulling Nhilas in the 2nd round, you say "Low slashing faiaar and helping you on Roudy".. You really can't claim it was nonsense, you didn't play very well and you said oper healer > merc infront of Nhilas when he's far from the problem in that setup of yours.. Just saying.

st00pid corv not showin up to his own event

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

He told me this morning that he had the flu so he's probably in bed or something if he hasnt shown up yet (I've been switching factions back n forth so I couldnt keep track of everyone).

Anyhow, it's a really slow process because of what I believe is that "kill debuff" where a kill doesnt count if you just killed the player. I must have been there for two hours now and I only have 232 kills (felt like 2000 with all the action going on). Got the rep guards though.

But man, trying to heal in that lag O_o At one point I was able to channel healing trance and cast salvation before the healing trance animation even started.

Edited by MidichIorian