Using the warp gate into Dread Fortress casuses auto run to engage

DOHboy

I have autorun unbound due to the other issue with autorun, but seems that more often when i use the warp gate when you enter Dread Fortress it seems to occur fairly regularly with little other keys being pushed. Another guild member in the same run was also having issues with it from time to time.

This seems to be separate from the normal autorun issue that can occur other times.

Other guild memebers have also mentioned issues when having a direction key selected while zoning into an instance (for instance skyrak's nightmare phase and are moving when you are returned to the instance).

Had the same thing happen. It also occurs when using the gate to go to Dread Palace. One time, upon zoning into Dread Fortress, my character wouldn't stop spinning in circles. It seems like the gate "locks in" whatever key you were pressing as you entered. Fortunately, tapping forward and backward on your keyboard in rapid succession seems to make it go away.

Yeah, this happens to everyone I run with, and this bug has already been present on the PTS as well. As far as I can tell, it happens to all kinds of portals where you have a black screen transition, not just the one in Dread Fortress.

Basically, when you have WASD or a mouse button pressed while going into the portal, that key will continue to register as being pressed even after you release it. Pressing that button once again will usually fix that issue.

Edited by Jerba

To stop yourself from running around like a headless chicken just press the movement key of the direction you are going. This is really annoying though. On Raptus in DP one if our Snipers got tele'd and auto ran off the edge, trolled much? Haha :p Edited by Ajaxduo

Yes please.. an update would be nice.

I've found a "Time it perfectly" work around.

>> Move towards the portal. JUMP at the last second and release all keyboard and mouse buttons.

So far that has been the only SOLUTION that doesn't keep you running w/o stopping.

>> Workaround two is hold the Forward & Left keys down as you go into the portal. You end up stuck running in circles instead. (Still annoying, but at least not into MOBS)

Edited by dscount

In addition to the portals in the new operations, this bug has also happened to me on Makeb:

1) When I had a WASD key pressed while using Quick Travel; as soon as I was teleported to the target location, my character kept running forward.

2) When pressing W to walk down a cliff (where you do not die due to falling damage but are teleported back to medcenter before hitting the ground), my character would keep running forward at the medcenter.

I've found a "Time it perfectly" work around.

>> Move towards the portal. JUMP at the last second and release all keyboard and mouse buttons.

So far that has been the only SOLUTION that doesn't keep you running w/o stopping.

>> Workaround two is hold the Forward & Left keys down as you go into the portal. You end up stuck running in circles instead. (Still annoying, but at least not into MOBS)

I did not have to use those workarounds. Usually, you have around half a second after you entered the portal before the teleportation begins. This is more than enough time to release any WASD keys and mouse keys.

So slowly walk into the portal with the W key, then release all keys, and wait until you are teleported. Since then, the bug has only happened to me when I forgot that I needed to release the keys; otherwise, my character never got stuck in auto-walking.

Edited by Jerba

• 1 month later...

Got killed by this bug just after being ported to phase 2 on TFB got bugged and my character ran out of the bridged and I died for fall damage...

It happens after a telerport mechanic, had this same bug after the teleport of Dread Master Styrak on SNV. Please fix this bug, It's VERY annoying

Edited by DxrOr