Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So I ended up in a 3v4 arena.....

UltimateKrucible

Normal arenas get backfilled. But ranked solo's don't.

Deal with it.

I think you should read my post ... I rather enjoyed 'dealing with it', but after the post-massacre rush had died down, I kinda felt sorry for the other guys.

On another note - I do believe you're on my server. Perchance fate will throw us together, you and two teamates versus me and a trio of hardcases? Mayhap then we shall talk once more of 'dealing with it'? :rak_01:

Ranked Solo q's do get backfilled. I had a ranked solo game in which the 4th person declined the match (never joined) and a 4th person entered during the 1st round leaving my team with 4 dps against 3 dps/1 healer. I was shocked that matchmaking pulled in a player in this way in ranked play.

And we stomped the three of them good hurr hurr hurrr :p. It's fun to stomp things!

On reflection, though - perhaps some consideration should be given to ensuring that arenas are only for 4 v 4?

/shrugs

I was in an arena match last night, 4v3 in last match...it was tied. We won against the odds. It happens

The fact is, in Solo Ranked queues, everyone is dependent on the same variables. My rating is dependent on 3 strangers I don't know. But so is the rating of the best player on my server. Solo Ranked ratings are reflective of all possible situations, so while I might lose on a 3v4 match now, I will be on the other side of that at some point probably too. Everyone has an equal chance of getting screwed in a Solo queue, as you cannot control the other 3 players. I wouldn't fret right now about not getting backfilled, because it literally can happen to anyone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.