2.4+ DPS Leaderboard

A question to all the parsers out there that are in the top 5 of their class, what seems to be the average DPS/TTK that you get while parsing. I'd like to know just so I have something to compare to when parsing on all of my alts trying to make sure i'm playing the class correctly.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a guide anywhere on how to parse? For instance how can I get my op dummy changed to the right settings, killable, 1mil hp etc.? Also is there a way to parse during flashpoints as practice to get an idea of where Id stand going into an operation?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere. I checked. Thanks!

A question to all the parsers out there that are in the top 5 of their class, what seems to be the average DPS/TTK that you get while parsing. I'd like to know just so I have something to compare to when parsing on all of my alts trying to make sure i'm playing the class correctly.

Considering the Top Parses haven't been updated in a while, it's kinda hard to say but it seems like anywhere from 4m 30s to 4 min for TTK in general. I think slightly under if you roll in place in sab. dotsmash, scrappers/concealment and pyro mercs are on the high end of that dpswise (and thus low-end TTK).

I can't speak for Handcuff since he has slightly better gear and less latency issues than I do (grr all I want is on eparse where I break 3650 D= ) but my average DPS between all the parsing I've done recently is around 3450-3500 when I get decent crits. It's probably closer to 3450 on average.

*hopes to himself that Handcuff's numbers are roughly the same on his average parse* His are probably closer to 3500 on average.

Can anyone tell me how this man got such a good apm? ive been parsing alot and havent got anything close to 42.4 lol.

Handcuff's parse

Hit more buttons....no seriously, hit more buttons. After you get the rotation down pat, work on just using everything faster. If your double ticks are particularly favorable and your 4pc set bonus decides to proc consistently, then you'll see a slight variance in APM toward the favorable side. But other than that, if you have the 4pc set bonus and you know the rotation, just do it faster honestly. Practice stuff like hitting your next ability after Telekinetic Throw as SOON as you can without clipping TK throw, and making sure your next ability gets used the instant your last one is done.

I generally button mash to accomplish this (except for TK throw obviously), but even with the changes to GCD bug, I find my latency pushing my APM consistently to 41.8 instead of the 42.2 or higher I know I'm capable of (I once had an APM of 42.73, it was nuts. =P)

Edited by RynZelara

I can't speak for Handcuff since he has slightly better gear and less latency issues than I do (grr all I want is on eparse where I break 3650 D= ) but my average DPS between all the parsing I've done recently is around 3450-3500 when I get decent crits. It's probably closer to 3450 on average.

*hopes to himself that Handcuff's numbers are roughly the same on his average parse* His are probably closer to 3500 on average.

My latency on that server was about 90-100 for parsing, but my average parse was probably closer to 3450 as well. My current 3676 was just extremely lucky rng :p

Wait the average lighting parse is only 3500? Madness I can easily get 3500+ 9/10 times without rng.

Got this http://www.torparse.com/a/596008/time/1392879792/1392880075/0/Damage+Dealt last night which I believe is highest balance/madness parse. I know Pelera (sp) had a 443.8 one not sure though

Balance is also far less dependent on RNG. Not COMPLETELY less, but it is much less dependent on RNG. In Balance, your RNG consists of PoM procs, which to be fair, can make bad things happen if it doesn't proc.

In TK, your RNG consists of TkT procs, TkW procs (it IS possible to go 5 or 6 disturbances without a TkW proc, I've done it *cry*), and double ticks on FOUR different moves, which directly affects the cooldown of a skill that dramatically helps to keep TK DPS up. The 4pc set bonus is not mentioned because both specs rely on that proc.

So I can totally see the average parse of Balance being slightly higher. =) It just doesn't really ever spike up if things are going well. TK does, and quite a bit at that. =o

I've had parses in TK where my DPS spikes by over 100 after a Mental Alacrity (sometimes as high as 3800-3900 after my third Mental Alacrity use) only to drop to a 3550 by the end of the parse because the crits and double ticks in the second half are absolute garbage. =( I love the spec to death, but I'm so glad they're removing the RNG on TkT and TkW procs. It's going to make the damage much more streamlined, albeit still pretty dependent on double ticks. I've actually run out of Tremors during a parse before. Now THAT'S bad RNG. :(

Edited by RynZelara

Balance is also far less dependent on RNG. Not COMPLETELY less, but it is much less dependent on RNG. In Balance, your RNG consists of PoM procs, which to be fair, can make bad things happen if it doesn't proc.

In TK, your RNG consists of TkT procs, TkW procs (it IS possible to go 5 or 6 disturbances without a TkW proc, I've done it *cry*), and double ticks on FOUR different moves, which directly affects the cooldown of a skill that dramatically helps to keep TK DPS up. The 4pc set bonus is not mentioned because both specs rely on that proc.

So I can totally see the average parse of Balance being slightly higher. =) It just doesn't really ever spike up if things are going well. TK does, and quite a bit at that. =o

I've had parses in TK where my DPS spikes by over 100 after a Mental Alacrity (sometimes as high as 3800-3900 after my third Mental Alacrity use) only to drop to a 3550 by the end of the parse because the crits and double ticks in the second half are absolute garbage. =( I love the spec to death, but I'm so glad they're removing the RNG on TkT and TkW procs. It's going to make the damage much more streamlined, albeit still pretty dependent on double ticks. I've actually run out of Tremors during a parse before. Now THAT'S bad RNG. :(

Makes sense, why I've always been a madness advocate I hate procs & stuff like that. Just didn't believe the difference in a top five parse & a average parse was 100-230 dps whereas madness high/low is 20-30.

I do wish madness could perma shield raid members for progression purposes. I remember during NM S/V helping dulfy shield & offheal on certain phases and was like please no.

On specs I believe madness is dead as of 2.7 W/wrath change & rotation being LS> FL> LS >FL >wrath > repeat. Force issue galore. Hybrid is potentially back though im swapping to tank :mad:

Edited by JDotter

Wait the average lighting parse is only 3500? Madness I can easily get 3500+ 9/10 times without rng.

Got this http://www.torparse.com/a/596008/time/1392879792/1392880075/0/Damage+Dealt last night which I believe is highest balance/madness parse. I know Pelera (sp) had a 443.8 one not sure though

From the perspective of statistics, the number of skills you use are fairly low in number and each skill has an extremely high sample size of ticks and it's unlikely for you to see really outrageous crits in one direction or the other in a series of parses.

Makes sense, why I've always been a madness advocate I hate procs & stuff like that. Just didn't believe the difference in a top five parse & a average parse was 100-230 dps whereas madness high/low is 20-30.

I do wish madness could perma shield raid members for progression purposes. I remember during NM S/V helping dulfy shield & offheal on certain phases and was like please no.

On specs I believe madness is dead as of 2.7 W/wrath change & rotation being LS> FL> LS >FL >wrath > repeat. Force issue galore. Hybrid is potentially back though im swapping to tank :mad:

Nah I think there will still be an ICD on FL, they just didn't mention it in the patch notes. That would be retarded. =/

Also yeeeaaah, Lightning/TK is incredibly RNG dependent. It's not unusual for me to get a parse as BAD as 3200 (it does happen occasionally), and then get a 3500 the very next parse. One of the other things that sticks out between the two specs is the sheer higher amount of actual "hits" in Madness (about 200 higher!) as opposed to Lightning, assuming both have the same TTK. This evens out the crit rate much more in Madness as opposed to Lightning, since the main damage dealer in Madness (on a move-by-move basis) is FL, and that is much more reliable on crit since it hits twice as much as Lightning's main damage dealer, LS. Not to mention all the dot ticks that go out. Since TB is an auto crit in Lightning, that has no RNG associated with it except for the double tick, but even then, my Turbulence (TB) hits for at most 8600 without relics and as high as 9800 with relics. So whether your Turbulence falls under no, one, or two relics, as well as other high-damaging moves (which Lightning is FULL of) can affect DPS a fair bit as well.

In short, fail RNG is fail. It's still gonna be more RNG dependent than Madness even after 2.7, but QoL in Lightning is gonna be much better than in Madness due to force management. =(

So this is what I have been busy doing, desperately trying to get a good parse on this sage all week and last night I finally got one !

Heartilly - Sage - Telekinetic - 3648.87 (4:34.377)

http://www.torparse.com/a/596096/time/1392806706/1392806980/0/Damage+Dealt

AMR Profile - Still have 1 Obroan Relic and 2x Orconian Implants, not that I will ever get that crit again anyway but there are dreams one can have lol

So this is what I have been busy doing, desperately trying to get a good parse on this sage all week and last night I finally got one !

AMR Profile - Still have 1 Obroan Relic and 2x Orconian Implants, not that I will ever get that crit again anyway but there are dreams one can have lol

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH *asplodes* Must parse better...

Damn that would have beaten me if bis! Nice parse :eek:

Kishekzun-Vigilance-Guardian

EDIT: better one( very slightly...xd)

http://www.torparse.com/a/597404/time/1392887272/1392887530/0/Damage+Dealt I don't knwo wht he does't take my last hit so my time wirth enter/death is :

10:07:52.067 Kishekzun enters combat.

10:12:10.375 Kishekzun

4Min 18,308 = 3871

3900 is so clooooose :'( .

Edited by uriaces

http://www.torparse.com/a/597384

Now I know there is 7k damage missing in this. I'm not sure why torparse decided to cut log at the moment I exit combat. However in Log View, if you go to the very end http://www.torparse.com/l/597384 everything that was missing from Analitycal View is there, including those WS hits after "exiting" combat but before dummy death. Quite peculiar behaviour of torparse, so if that log doesn't make it to the list, I wont complain. If you think this is fine and thats how torparse usually behave when killing blow comes for WS or similar ability, then

12:22:52.763 Hôpë enters combat.

12:27:17.086 Hôpë kills Operations Training Dummy.

TTK - 4:24:323 - 3783.25 dps

Let me know what you think of that strange parse crop