2.4+ DPS Leaderboard

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did another couple attempts on the 1 million:

Ellendra - Shadow - 3135.75

Torparse link: http://www.torparse.com/a/511283/time/1386132148/1386132448/0/Damage+Dealt

AMR Profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/e051456e-5603-45b0-8c51-889f78b4b54c

If you look at the whole fight, it goes down to 3096 dps by the end. Torparse seems to clip the final attack when it calculates your dps, for some reason, so I usually include just use a custom time to capture the hit.

Got a Balance update and also did some parsing in both of the hybrids that a Shadow can do. These are all on the 1 Mil Dummy.

Balance - 3595.11

18/0/28 Hybrid - 3464.51

3/18/25 Hybrid - 3467.81

My best Infil parse did have lower overall crit chance, but both hybrids beating Infil is pretty stupid. Guess that buff to DS really helps when you're just spamming it lol.

Only had time to try a few parses in pyro, I'll post when I get a good one. So far my highest is 3850 on 1 mil dummy. When I removed the crit luck (unlucky in this case) factor on this parse: http://www.torparse.com/a/511466/2/0/Overview I actually parsed 250 dps higher than doing the same thing with my pre 2.5 high parse (which was 3720) so...4k is feasible I think ^.^ but gonna be a task to wait for the RNG. However 4k on a 1mil dummy is only 4m10s so it's not really a fair comparison. And 1.5mil wouldn't be same comparison either.

Only had time to try a few parses in pyro, I'll post when I get a good one. So far my highest is 3850 on 1 mil dummy. When I removed the crit luck (unlucky in this case) factor on this parse: http://www.torparse.com/a/511466/2/0/Overview I actually parsed 250 dps higher than doing the same thing with my pre 2.5 high parse (which was 3720) so...4k is feasible I think ^.^ but gonna be a task to wait for the RNG. However 4k on a 1mil dummy is only 4m10s so it's not really a fair comparison. And 1.5mil wouldn't be same comparison either.

As far as 2.5 parses go, it may be necessary to standardize parsing at 1.5m-only in order to ensure fairness across the board. ie: fights must start with entering combat and end with killing the dummy.

Did a parse on the "old" Dummy for now:

Alreegan - Sage - Telekinetics - 3/36/7 - 3196.01

http://www.torparse.com/a/511517/time/1386151108/1386151413/0/Damage+Dealt

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/e906ff26-17ba-42ce-acf5-6457d7468d27

(72 Mainhand)

Falver, will you keep recording parses in "classical dummy" style as well or only time challenge parses from now on?

Could we maybe agree on one version of the new dummy for doing the kill time challenges?

I'd suggest 1,5 Million and armor debuff going. Should probably list kill time and DPS, right?

As expected, my dps didnt go up more than 50. 1mln dummy goes down too fast, my final burst is heavily out of sync. Also, flourish shots used to perfectly fit into rotation, replacing them with other abilities doesnt seem to have any major effect. Will have to try 1.5mln dummy later

As far as 2.5 parses go, it may be necessary to standardize parsing at 1.5m-only in order to ensure fairness across the board. ie: fights must start with entering combat and end with killing the dummy.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe not the 1.5mil one, I was thinking set it to 1mil, no armor debuff, rank by time to kill. Have the DPS listing as overall at end combat, with the time until dummy death as the ranking number. That way there's very little room for any error, and more or less no way to edit parses ::coughcoughAlor::

Edited by countpopeula

That's what I was thinking. Maybe not the 1.5mil one, I was thinking set it to 1mil, no armor debuff, rank by time to kill. Have the DPS listing as overall at end combat, with the time until dummy death as the ranking number. That way there's very little room for any error, and more or less no way to edit parses ::coughcoughAlor::

You have to include the armor debuff. If you don't you're just punishing classes that don't have an armor debuff and giving DPS classes which have an armor debuff, and more importantly have an armor debuff as a crucial and unavoidable part of their rotation, a huge advantage.

You have to include the armor debuff. If you don't you're just punishing classes that don't have an armor debuff and giving DPS classes which have an armor debuff, and more importantly have an armor debuff as a crucial and unavoidable part of their rotation, a huge advantage.

It swings both ways. Currently, DPS is tracked without an Armor Debuff for any class without an inherent one. This would keep in tone with current tracking. By allowing all classes a 20% Armor Rend you're completely changing the game. You're punishing Juggs, Mercs, and Carnage Marauders by adding the AR, and rewarding everything else other than Snipes which have to "waste" a GCD to get their rend. Since not every raid will contain an AR(yeah yeah, you want it but you don't ALWAYS get it). it's best to track with only what the class is capable of providing for itself in my opinion. At the point where you allow AR for all classes, you might as well allow grouping a Marauder and Bloodthirst for everyone.

At the end of the day it's Falver's call, or that of whoever he picks to succeed him. I wouldn't mind the job, but I may be a little too confrontational for it :p

Edited by countpopeula

It swings both ways. Currently, DPS is tracked without an Armor Debuff for any class without an inherent one. This would keep in tone with current tracking. By allowing all classes a 20% Armor Rend you're completely changing the game. You're punishing Juggs, Mercs, and Carnage Marauders by adding the AR, and rewarding everything else other than Snipes which have to "waste" a GCD to get their rend. Since not every raid will contain an AR(yeah yeah, you want it but you don't ALWAYS get it). it's best to track with only what the class is capable of providing for itself in my opinion. At the point where you allow AR for all classes, you might as well allow grouping a Marauder and Bloodthirst for everyone.

So what you are saying is that a raid wide boost that almost every halfway serious group has shouldn't be included despite being easily available to everyone, because it will somehow hurt the classes that give them (despite being a buff to the entire group). Or are you saying you don't want an Armor Debuff since your personal spec won't be comparatively as good with it?

Find me a serious Progression Guild that raids without an Armor Debuff. The World First kill of NiM DG was done without Bloodthirst, and the US Second (I think it was second) was done without Inspiration. Considering that Armor Debuffs are now available and provide a 100-200 DPS boost I really see no reason not to use them. Plus the most Inspiration could add (this assumes a 315 second parse) is 40 DPS. Bioware gave us a mechanic for having Armor Debuffs for everyone, they didn't give us one for Inspiration. And for the record, I am all for an Inspiration adrenal that could be used for parsing.

Edited by Emperor-Norton

So what you are saying is that a raid wide boost that almost every halfway serious group has shouldn't be included despite being easily available to everyone, because it will somehow hurt the classes that give them (despite being a buff to the entire group).

Find me a serious Progression Guild that raids without an Armor Debuff.

/sign

This is my post from the other thread.....

Now that 2.5 has dropped and BW has given us modifications to use for the Operations Dummy we all know and likely not care to admit we have intimacy issues with, I am going to suggest, hopefully with some thoughtful feedback from the parsing community, that we shift the format from the 5 minute criteria that usually requires some careful trimming to one of time (and dps).

All the rules and restrictions apply from the 2.4 game-wide thread with class buffs, stims/adrenals, and even alt speccing out to gain stacks etc, but we agree to base the criteria on the Basic Health Mod for the Dummy which renders it 1 million HP and the Armor Debuff. From there, we beat the hell out of it until it is 'defeated', record the time it took on Torparse and also the dps and post both. I submit the 1 million version because 1.5 million just seems like it'll take too much time and is superfluous to the same goal.

In other words, how fast can you burn down 1 million health from an operations boss and what is the dps that took you there?

This accomplishes a few things:

-removes parse trimming altogether because combat ends the moment the dummy is defeated

-can be used as an overall competition as well as class based

-utilizes the intended strengths of classes with executes (sub 30% buffs and abilities) for more accurate dps charting; we actually get a more realistic number of a boss encounter this way

-convenient for the thread author and the community, so we don't have to have a bunch of fluffy sub-categories ie. i used the armor debuff but not the health one and vice versa

-1 million health is too fast for 5 mins and 1.5 million is likely too long to have any real sustenance (plus, it's just boring)

-is kind of a fresh take on parsing from the 5 minute thing

A post would look sort of like this:

Noire - Lethality Operative 3/7/36

Time: xx:xx:xxx

DPS: YYYY

Links to Torparse and AMR

Anyway, what do you guys think?

To give my opinion, for some class it is near impossible to sustain a great dps with 1.5M summy. With my guardian i made my new record ( 3482) over 5.10min but at 7.10min, when the dummy died, i lost 80 dps an kill it at 3400 dps.

I think that is very very difficult for a class wich don't have ability under 30% ( it is impossible to launch a dispatch every 6 sec because of energy cost) to sustain a great dps over 7 min or more. It is realy sad because with the 1.5min i will never beat my old record, because i already have my dispatch in my rotation. I think that it will not be idiot to allow cliping the parse for some class like mine which can't sustain or earn dps under 30%. it i my opinion.

So what you are saying is that a raid wide boost that almost every halfway serious group has shouldn't be included despite being easily available to everyone, because it will somehow hurt the classes that give them (despite being a buff to the entire group). Or are you saying you don't want an Armor Debuff since your personal spec won't be comparatively as good with it?

Find me a serious Progression Guild that raids without an Armor Debuff. The World First kill of NiM DG was done without Bloodthirst, and the US Second (I think it was second) was done without Inspiration. Considering that Armor Debuffs are now available and provide a 100-200 DPS boost I really see no reason not to use them. Plus the most Inspiration could add (this assumes a 315 second parse) is 40 DPS. Bioware gave us a mechanic for having Armor Debuffs for everyone, they didn't give us one for Inspiration. And for the record, I am all for an Inspiration adrenal that could be used for parsing.

As if I could personally care. If Anni was better, I'd go back to running it and top the charts in that /ezmode spec. /endofftopicdiscussion. This thread specifically states that if you can't provide it, you can't use it. Allowing the free AR is boosting Snipes even more than they already are, making it so they don't have to use a GCD every 45sec to AR. I have one, it'd be much easier on energy and boost DPS by about 40 points. This thread has always been about who can do the most with what their spec has on its own, if it's going to change then new rules need to be established. It has never been about boss fights or raid comp, there's a separate thread for that.

Xenphon - Marauder - Carnage - 7/36/3 - 3620.48 - 1 mill dummy w/AR

Seems Vicious Throw and Ravage never want to do decent crits together. Wtb Snicker's 50% VT crit :3

I expect annihilation to reach some sweet numbers with these changes, although pyro merc will probably be the top parser of all ACs now. No changes to rotation (as far as I know?), but AR and 30% ticks.

Edited by Xenphon

Oh man, I'm not liking the killing blow not showing up in parse. I got robbed of a rail shot crit at the end that killed the dummy - ending combat...this is on 1mil dummy

Pizza'dah'hutt - Mercenary - Pyro - 2/8/36 - 3885.50

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/512452/10/0/Damage+Dealt

AMR Profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/78e41180-946f-4445-b4e3-d26f3d7407f7

So I decided to see what it would have been if my rail shot landed. I had both FR and SA proc'd, found another rail shot crit in my log under those circumstances and copied it to right before the killing blow on the dummy. A rail shot crit under these conditions can hit even higher than the one I copied.

Pizza'dah'hutt - Mercenary - Pyro - 2/8/36 - 3925.72

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/512473/1/0/Damage+Dealt

AMR Profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/78e41180-946f-4445-b4e3-d26f3d7407f7

The hell if I'm gong to go through an entire 1 mil parse over and over again looking for that perfect RNG only to potentially get screwed on the killing blow for 40 dps LOL. We're gonna need to decide how to handle this, cuz that's not acceptable IMO

Edited by odawgg

Oh man, I'm not liking the killing blow not showing up in parse. I got robbed of a rail shot crit at the end that killed the dummy - ending combat...this is on 1mil dummy

Pizza'dah'hutt - Mercenary - Pyro - 2/8/36 - 3885.50

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/512452/10/0/Damage+Dealt

So I decided to see what it would have been if my rail shot landed. I had both FR and SA proc'd, found another rail shot crit in my log under those circumstances and copied it to right before the killing blow on the dummy. A rail shot crit under these conditions can hit even higher than the one I copied. Not to mention any other dot ticks that might have been part of the kill, didn't look that deep into it

Pizza'dah'hutt - Mercenary - Pyro - 2/8/36 - 3925.72

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/512473/1/0/Damage+Dealt

The hell if I'm gong to go through an entire 1 mil parse over and over again looking for that perfect RNG only to potentially get screwed on the killing blow for 40 dps LOL. We're gonna need to decide how to handle this, cuz that's not acceptable IMO

aside from the unfortunate glitching that is occurring... damn nice parse. methinks a 4k will show up soon.

Edited by thejollygreenone