2.4+ DPS Leaderboard

aside from the unfortunate glitching that is occurring... damn nice parse. methinks a 4k will show up soon.

Thanks. Yeah I wish at the very least the killing blow would register in the log, we could at least see "what would've been"

Edited by odawgg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hell if I'm gong to go through an entire 1 mil parse over and over again looking for that perfect RNG only to potentially get screwed on the killing blow for 40 dps LOL. We're gonna need to decide how to handle this, cuz that's not acceptable IMO

Couldn't we just calculate the DPS from the TTK? It took you 4 min 15.563 sec to kill the dummy = 3912.93 DPS

That's something we could do for every parse, and it wouldn't be that much more inconvenient than the cropping we had to do with the old dummy.

Oh man, I'm not liking the killing blow not showing up in parse. I got robbed of a rail shot crit at the end that killed the dummy - ending combat...this is on 1mil dummy

Pizza'dah'hutt - Mercenary - Pyro - 2/8/36 - 3885.50

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/512452/10/0/Damage+Dealt

AMR Profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/78e41180-946f-4445-b4e3-d26f3d7407f7

So I decided to see what it would have been if my rail shot landed. I had both FR and SA proc'd, found another rail shot crit in my log under those circumstances and copied it to right before the killing blow on the dummy. A rail shot crit under these conditions can hit even higher than the one I copied.

Pizza'dah'hutt - Mercenary - Pyro - 2/8/36 - 3925.72

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/512473/1/0/Damage+Dealt

AMR Profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/78e41180-946f-4445-b4e3-d26f3d7407f7

The hell if I'm gong to go through an entire 1 mil parse over and over again looking for that perfect RNG only to potentially get screwed on the killing blow for 40 dps LOL. We're gonna need to decide how to handle this, cuz that's not acceptable IMO

I had the same thing happen to me earlier, a RS crit killed the dummy so I lost 7k damage as well. If you select the fight from the list it takes the exact time from Enter Combat to Exit Combat, BUT if you select the start and end times yourself in the dropdown it will go right to the end of the second so it will include the hit that actually killed the dummy.

For example, yours is http://www.torparse.com/a/512452/time/1386218646/1386218902/0/Overview for 3907.94 DPS. My showed the Ending Event as Death (the dummy's) whereas yours was the RS OH hit, but I don't see any problem using this to ensure everyone gets their final hit in.

There's viable arguments for and against armour debuff, as well as for and against 1,5 mio. vs. 1 Mio.

Since this is Falver's thread and he's the one who has to do all the work in the end, I'd suggest we just go with the rules he deems most appropriate. I will do my next parse with whatever rules that turn out to be :-)

*anxiouslywaitingonmyshipwithdebuffthingiesready*

First parse with the new dummy specs, 1,000,000 hps

72 Mainhand

Untrimmed:

Toblin Blackfyre -- Madness Assassin 8/2/36

5:25:853

TORPARSE: http://www.torparse.com/a/512544/46/0/Overview

AMR: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/17edefb2-751a-469c-96f1-61c4d0246f78

Trimmed:

Toblin -- Madness Assassin 8/2/36

5:16:647

TORPARSE: http://www.torparse.com/a/512544/time/1386309873/1386310189/0/Overview

First parse with the new dummy specs, 1,000,000 hps

72 Mainhand

Untrimmed:

Toblin Blackfyre -- Madness Assassin 8/2/36

5:25:853

TORPARSE: http://www.torparse.com/a/512544/46/0/Overview

Trimmed:

Toblin -- Madness Assassin 8/2/36

5:16:647

TORPARSE: http://www.torparse.com/a/512544/time/1386309873/1386310189/0/Overview

I would reccomend changing up your dot aplication, you far out gear my shadow but i managed roughly 100 PDS higher and ithink this is why.

you go DF>CT>discharge in your opener and in your dot refreshers.

you see much more reliable results if you switch it to Discharge>[GCD]>CT for all of your dot aplications, putting thats spacer in the middle of them (to be used for DF,Crushing darkness, or trash for a more reliable CD proc. doing this method ensures that you; never have to delay DF, get more reliable CD procs, and can sustain your CD for a higher percentage.

I would give it a shot, this change for me was a very substantial QoL change as it made everything easier to track and sustain. As well as giving me a very large DPS boost

As if I could personally care.

I think you can and do, if not why did you mention it disadvantaging Carnage, which has no AR, when the topic is AR. By your own admission in the past you are petty as hell.

If Anni was better, I'd go back to running it and top the charts in that /ezmode spec. /endofftopicdiscussion.

Gorband managed to beat you with it without an Armor Debuff. Considering how FR and KD SA relics are bugged, I imagine doing so again wouldn't be all that hard. If the spec is as "/ezmode" as you claim, you should have no trouble topping the leaderboards with it. If parsing with Annihilation is indeed so easy for you I would appreciate it if you would take the time to link me some parses of you playing the spec, I could possibly learn a few things from your rotation if it is so easy for you play it since you consider yourself the best player with it, only behind Gorband. They don't have to be up to date, just the parse and the kind of gear you had (I certainly don't need a full AMR) would be fine.

This thread specifically states that if you can't provide it, you can't use it.

No, it says:

Another player is not allowed to assist with Bloodthirst/Inspiration, armour debuff, etc during the logging.
Armor debuffs now being readily providable so I see no downside to using them if the Thread is just getting the highest number on dummy parsing without using outside abilities like Legacy abilities or Grenades. Armor debuffs can now be applied without any intervention and give a better picture of a classes actual ability to DPS compared to one another in the one arena where DPS matters, Operations. The creation of the Armor Debuff was a pretty obvious message from Bioware that it wants parsing to be done with more equality since they don't want the status quo of QQ because some specs are better at Dummy DPS. Like it or not this thread is treated as the standard by the community for how different classes and specs compete DPS wise.

Although this is still Falver's decision, so I guess we can just supply our arguments and let him decide.

Edited by Emperor-Norton

Couldn't we just calculate the DPS from the TTK? It took you 4 min 15.563 sec to kill the dummy = 3912.93 DPS

That's something we could do for every parse, and it wouldn't be that much more inconvenient than the cropping we had to do with the old dummy.

This.

I would reccomend changing up your dot aplication, you far out gear my shadow but i managed roughly 100 PDS higher and ithink this is why.

you go DF>CT>discharge in your opener and in your dot refreshers.

you see much more reliable results if you switch it to Discharge>[GCD]>CT for all of your dot aplications, putting thats spacer in the middle of them (to be used for DF,Crushing darkness, or trash for a more reliable CD proc. doing this method ensures that you; never have to delay DF, get more reliable CD procs, and can sustain your CD for a higher percentage.

I would give it a shot, this change for me was a very substantial QoL change as it made everything easier to track and sustain. As well as giving me a very large DPS boost

Interesting. I will definitely give that a try! I guess the reason I set up my rotation the way I have is because CD only procs from melee attacks, so I would set up my force attacks/dots and then have the most chance to proc CD as I spam thrash. Also, I don't put a gcd between dots because in raids it's often easy to lose track of CT on the bosses debuff icon as there are often madness sorcs casting it as well and almost never another discharge icon; so having them next together helped me keep track. But what you suggest makes a lot of sense and I will definitely be parsing it later today.

I think you can and do, if not why did you mention it disadvantaging Carnage. By your own admission in the past you are petty as hell.

Gorband managed to beat you with it without an Armor Debuff. Considering how FR and KD SA relics are bugged, I imagine doing so again wouldn't be all that hard. If the spec is as "/ezmode" as you claim, you should have no trouble topping the leaderboards with it. If parsing with Annihilation is so easy for you I would appreciate it if you would take the time to link me some parses of you playing the spec, I could possibly learn a few things from your rotation. They don't have to be up to date, just the parse and the kind of gear you had (I certainly don't need a full AMR) would be fine.

No, it says:

Armor debuffs now being readily providable so I see no downside to using them if the Thread is just getting the highest number on dummy parsing without using outside abilities like Legacy abilities or Grenades. Armor debuffs can now be applied without any intervention and give a better picture of a classes actual ability to DPS. The creation of the Armor Debuff was a fairly message from Bioware that it wants parsing to be done more fairly since they don't like the status quo of QQ because some classes are better at Dummy DPS. Like it or not this thread is treated as the standard by the community for how different classes and specs compete DPS wise.

This. Bioware literally HANDED us the ability to make true parse comparisons between classes, both with limited dummy health and with the armor debuff. There is no way we are going to not take advantage of that.

Interesting. I will definitely give that a try! I guess the reason I set up my rotation the way I have is because CD only procs from melee attacks, so I would set up my force attacks/dots and then have the most chance to proc CD as I spam thrash. Also, I don't put a gcd between dots because in raids it's often easy to lose track of CT on the bosses debuff icon as there are often madness sorcs casting it as well and almost never another discharge icon; so having them next together helped me keep track. But what you suggest makes a lot of sense and I will definitely be parsing it later today.

once you get in the rhythm of it its not that bad, i use this in ops, but i know what you're saying.

I had the same thing happen to me earlier, a RS crit killed the dummy so I lost 7k damage as well. If you select the fight from the list it takes the exact time from Enter Combat to Exit Combat, BUT if you select the start and end times yourself in the dropdown it will go right to the end of the second so it will include the hit that actually killed the dummy.

For example, yours is http://www.torparse.com/a/512452/time/1386218646/1386218902/0/Overview for 3907.94 DPS. My showed the Ending Event as Death (the dummy's) whereas yours was the RS OH hit, but I don't see any problem using this to ensure everyone gets their final hit in.

Good call and at first I thought the rail shot was completely removed from the log but it's not, it just wasn'tddisplaying on torparse, my bad on that :) still can get shorted a bit when killing blow hits harder than theHP left on tthe boss, but I'm guessing that's the same for any boss anyway.

I suppose I agree with what others have said.. Just make it TTK and calculate dps from that

Good call and at first I thought the rail shot was completely removed from the log but it's not, it just wasn'tddisplaying on torparse, my bad on that :) still can get shorted a bit when killing blow hits harder than theHP left on tthe boss, but I'm guessing that's the same for any boss anyway.

I suppose I agree with what others have said.. Just make it TTK and calculate dps from that

I agree with TTK as well, I just think it should be with armor debuff and a 1.5m dummy (or else people will be killing it before 5 mins)

Making a new thread is probably a good idea though since this patch was a complete game-changer for parsing. First we need to decide how to set it up, then the thread can be made with the rules in place.

Still better imo than 1,5mil. With ~3300 dps it takes 7,5min to kill the 1,5mil dummy and 5min to kill the 1mil...

But everyone is doing more than 3.3k. 5 minutes was a standard invented by the community as a bare minimum, I personally use the 1.5 mil dummy now and don't have a problem with parsing a little longer than 5 minutes (if anything it means less RNG, which is a good thing. Extremely lucky crit parses were never particularly indicative of a spec's actual performance anyway).

But everyone is doing more than 3.3k. 5 minutes was a standard invented by the community as a bare minimum, I personally use the 1.5 mil dummy now and don't have a problem with parsing a little longer than 5 minutes (if anything it means less RNG, which is a good thing. Extremely lucky crit parses were never particularly indicative of a spec's actual performance anyway).

I think you mean everyone except the vast majority of Shadows. There are 2 Shadow parses on the dummy I've ever seen with higher than 3.3k dps, and one of those two is just a smidge under 5 minutes long. I'm sure I could include Focus/Rage Sentinels/Marauders and Scrapper/Concealment Scoundrels/Operatives, but the point stands: some classes/specs struggle to hit 3.3k, that number is not an accurate measure for all classes.