Spinning Strikes can we please get this ability soon?

Prideth

I actually do not want another Melee move for this class. I'd hope we get some kind of ranged access in the future beyond DF or Reck>FL.

Wut ?

You are actually happy to only have 5 saber moves in total (with 2-3 of them you almost never see) ?

As for the range thing, I'd be happy if they'd just allow Force Slow to have 30m range. I'm not expecting more.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already have a gap closer in Force Speed. If you don't have it at a 15 second cooldown as an Assassin, I really suggest talenting into that, it's quite nice. It can get you basically as far as Leap if used properly, and it's much more versatile, especially as an escape tool. Also, Force Pull is a high threat ability, and doesn't work on anything with boss immunity, so you'd be aggroing things to yourself in bad scenarios, and Deception especially does poorly in that regard.

Force speed is a utility, like hydraulic override or predation. It can be used as a gap closer, but it can easily be stopped with a root and it can't close a vertical gap. Aside from the 2 utilities the other classes have real gap closers that not only close the gap, can't be stopped with a simple root and prevent enemies from escaping.

Edited by sithBracer

We already have a gap closer in Force Speed. If you don't have it at a 15 second cooldown as an Assassin, I really suggest talenting into that, it's quite nice. It can get you basically as far as Leap if used properly, and it's much more versatile, especially as an escape tool. Also, Force Pull is a high threat ability, and doesn't work on anything with boss immunity, so you'd be aggroing things to yourself in bad scenarios, and Deception especially does poorly in that regard.

Force Speed is not a gap closer. Things like Leap and Pull - are.

I think shadows/sin tanks already have good AoE utility but... i want to see that skill in game just becouse of his awsomeness :D

On the other hand, this skill could provide and exellent addition to tank skill tree by making it completely immune to ALL interrupting effects (such as knockbacks, knockdowns). Also it could be another source to build up Harnessed darkness due to it channaling time (like FL).

Edited by Kingsbount

Force Speed is not a gap closer. Things like Leap and Pull - are.

I guess I was thinking PVE, where pull isn't a gap closer and there's a single boss where verticality becomes an issue, and Force Speed can't get you there. I am not of the opinion that we need one, but if we were going to be given a gap closer, I'd like it to be the Shadow jump that the trash in Oricon uses. Looks cool, and would be just like a leap or a gap closer. But if we do get it, what do Scoundrels get, then?

I guess I was thinking PVE, where pull isn't a gap closer and there's a single boss where verticality becomes an issue, and Force Speed can't get you there. I am not of the opinion that we need one, but if we were going to be given a gap closer, I'd like it to be the Shadow jump that the trash in Oricon uses. Looks cool, and would be just like a leap or a gap closer. But if we do get it, what do Scoundrels get, then?

Well like I said making the force pull a lower tier ability would be nice since we would have to sacrifice some dps in order to use it.

Scoundrels is a tough one since they have some ranged attacks already (explosive probe, fragmentation grenade, corrosive dart and even the auto attack). But yeah, no idea, the class would have to be redone in an expansion. The assassin can be done in a patch.

But if we do get it, what do Scoundrels get, then?

They get heals, cleanses and roll. Highly versatile class with functioning abilities and talent trees. They don't need anything more.

Edited by Xinika

They get heals, cleanses and roll. Highly versatile class with functioning abilities and talent trees. They don't need anything more.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text :( I was poking fun at the idea that melee classes without gap closers need them. Besides, it's not like there are useless talents in the Deception tree, right?

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text :( I was poking fun at the idea that melee classes without gap closers need them. Besides, it's not like there are useless talents in the Deception tree, right?

They either need that or a way to get at the ranged, or it will be easy for a ranged class to shut down the melee.

I shut down many assassins on my sorc all the time. If I do it perfectly (which I don't always tbh) I can shut down an assassin 90% of the time provided there is enough running room. A good PT is another story. They either bypass my roots with HO or just pull me to them.

Edited by sithBracer

They either need that or a way to get at the ranged, or it will be easy for a ranged class to shut down the melee.

I shut down many assassins on my sorc all the time. If I do it perfectly (which I don't always tbh) I can shut down an assassin 90% of the time provided there is enough running room. A good PT is another story. They either bypass my roots with HO or just pull me to them.

An Assassin is very easy to kite, something most people don't even realize. Unless they're running Disjunction / Avoidance (which I guarantee you 9/10 Assassins aren't)

An Assassin is very easy to kite, something most people don't even realize. Unless they're running Disjunction / Avoidance (which I guarantee you 9/10 Assassins aren't)

Correction, assassin is the easiest melee to kite. Of course the only ones who can do it are people who actually played this class, which 99% of QQers never have because it is a lot harder than leap+smash or spamming tracer missile.

Edited by sithBracer

Correction, assassin is the easiest melee to kite. Of course the only ones who can do it are people who actually played this class, which 99% of QQers never have because it is a lot harder than leap+smash or spamming tracer missile.

Trufax

/6char

A lotta people said that Lacerate is a joke, and that's true in Deception / Darkness, but in Madness it can be pretty brutal in big packs with the talents that make it proc Lightning Technique (separately to normal rate so can proc twice on same person potentially), the damage after 1 second again per Technique hit, and then the regen force from that.

Also you get numbers flying everywhere which feels good :)

A lotta people said that Lacerate is a joke, and that's true in Deception / Darkness, but in Madness it can be pretty brutal in big packs with the talents that make it proc Lightning Technique (separately to normal rate so can proc twice on same person potentially), the damage after 1 second again per Technique hit, and then the regen force from that.

Also you get numbers flying everywhere which feels good :)

Lot's of flying 1k whites and 500 yellows, with the occasional hard hitting Death Field.

You know what feels better?

Smash (10k flying on screen) + Sweeping slash (2k flying)

Orbital (3-4k) + corrosive granade(2-3k) > frag granade (4-6k) spam

Orbital(3-4k) + Frag(4-6k) + suppressive fire(2-3k)

Force storm(2-4k) + Chain lightning(5-8k)/Death field(6-10k)

Death from above(4-6k) + Sweeping Blasters (2-3k)

Death from above(4-6k) + Flame Thrower (4-6k)

Feel free to correct me on the bounty hunters, i don't play those that much. Did i miss anything?

Lot's of flying 1k whites and 500 yellows, with the occasional hard hitting Death Field.

You know what feels better?

Smash (10k flying on screen) + Sweeping slash (2k flying)

Orbital (3-4k) + corrosive granade(2-3k) > frag granade (4-6k) spam

Orbital(3-4k) + Frag(4-6k) + suppressive fire(2-3k)

Force storm(2-4k) + Chain lightning(5-8k)/Death field(6-10k)

Death from above(4-6k) + Sweeping Blasters (2-3k)

Death from above(4-6k) + Flame Thrower (4-6k)

Feel free to correct me on the bounty hunters, i don't play those that much. Did i miss anything?

Vengeance Jugs may not be able to hit as hard, but they can spam AOE for a long time before they run out of resources thanks to Enrage. Smash (2-4k) + Sweeping slash (2k) for up to almost 30 seconds sustained if they started at full rage.

Vengeance Jugs may not be able to hit as hard, but they can spam AOE for a long time before they run out of resources thanks to Enrage. Smash (2-4k) + Sweeping slash (2k) for up to almost 30 seconds sustained if they started at full rage.

Juggs can spam it much longer than an assassin but not 30 seconds. Sweeping slash is a useless move for anything other than tanking, and even then I only use it when enemies are too close to easily tab targets (beast of VK adds for example). If I can I tab target and use ... pretty much anything else (even auto attack), I do. As for PvP ... can't think of one use for it.

Juggs can spam it much longer than an assassin but not 30 seconds. Sweeping slash is a useless move for anything other than tanking, and even then I only use it when enemies are too close to easily tab targets (beast of VK adds for example). If I can I tab target and use ... pretty much anything else (even auto attack), I do. As for PvP ... can't think of one use for it.

Sweeping Slash is (other than Master Strike) strictly your best move when there are lots of adds up, and it probably rivals Master Strike, too. 1.5k damage per hit and 2.5k on a crit on 5 enemies is ~8.5k per GCD, or 17k in 3 seconds (assuming 1 crit out of 5). Throw in Sweep, which hits harder, and you can put out some decent AOE damage with the two moves, and use very little focus in the process.

I have yet to meet a sniper that can shut me down.

It's rare I'll be honest. Out of the hundreds of snipers I've killed, I've only fought one who shut me down, he didn't kill me, but shut me down for very long time, more than enough for help to arrive. And I've only met 1 who knew how to deal with node guarding shadows. Yes they exist, but as I've said, a prerequisite is that they play this class first and learn everything about it, which 95% of them don't since it is not as easy (which is a good thing ;) ).

It's rare I'll be honest. Out of the hundreds of snipers I've killed, I've only fought one who shut me down, he didn't kill me, but shut me down for very long time, more than enough for help to arrive. And I've only met 1 who knew how to deal with node guarding shadows. Yes they exist, but as I've said, a prerequisite is that they play this class first and learn everything about it, which 95% of them don't since it is not as easy (which is a good thing ;) ).

Honestly snipers should easily be able to stall an Assassin. Most just play mongloid tunnelvision though...

Idk, I've fought Devil on PoT5 and I've fought Whasp on ToFN.

2 of the best snipers I know playing this game, and neither can shut me down.

You don't have to be the best sniper to shut down an assassin, you just have to know how an assassin class plays.

Just a small example:

A person who doesn't play assassin has a very familiar pattern when I am guarding:

1. starts capping

2. start getting ganked

3. AoE into root

4. starts ambush

A person who plays an assassin:

1. gets into entrench and starts capping

2. defends himself when you attack and waits for you to pop recklessness

3. rolls when you pop recklessness and FB right away

4. waits for you to either break it or until around 5 seconds pass

5. starts ambush

6. if you break it roots you right away.

7. starts another attack

8. if you use shroud times his second roll (engineering unless 20 seconds passed) to stay away from you until shroud is over.

9. waits for you to get close and AoE roots again.

This is just an example of course, but you understand how annoying they can get. By now he could've taken more than half your health with just DoTs and attacks.