Your thoughts on 2.4?

BrianAC

Well obviously 2.4 just came out, and i see that a lot of people are already logged on and playing. I would like to know what you guys think about 2.4 so far, are there any bugs you encountered? And what do you like about 2.4 and what do you not like about 2.4? what are your thoughts?

Well, the first major thing I didn't like is this: I've spent many months gearing my main char with 72 mod rating gear. Now you can easily get that gear with elite comms, which makes all the hard work done by people like me useless. Not to mention people who made nightmare runs for 75 mod gear, which is now worse than the one you can buy for ult comms. I understand that developers read these books about mmo monetization, but this is a clear disrespect to pleayers.

Well, the first major thing I didn't like is this: I've spent many months gearing my main char with 72 mod rating gear. Now you can easily get that gear with elite comms, which makes all the hard work done by people like me useless. Not to mention people who made nightmare runs for 75 mod gear, which is now worse than the one you can buy for ult comms. I understand that developers read these books about mmo monetization, but this is a clear disrespect to pleayers.

I believe the phrase you are looking for is "slap in the face." Seriously though, what do you want them to do? Add a new commendation level each time they add a gear level? This is how progression works, with each new level of gear, the old gear gets bumped down a notch.

For the OP, I'm not sure this is in the correct forum to begin with, I didn't see any suggestions in your post. This probably belongs in the general forum, and there are probably already plenty of threads started there that are already discussing this topic.

thoughts on 2.4

Previewing from GTN and Reward windows has vanished.

And GTN needs to remember you sort by selection so you dont have to mess around with EVERY individual search and sorting by price should be default.

Beyond that seems okay so far.

Well obviously 2.4 just came out, and i see that a lot of people are already logged on and playing. I would like to know what you guys think about 2.4 so far, are there any bugs you encountered? And what do you like about 2.4 and what do you not like about 2.4? what are your thoughts?

still no way for individual progression no real way for the solo player to gear i did every thing i possibly for the last 6 weeks and i was only able to get 2 pieces with elite now i could start all over and spent the next 6 months gearing out in 72's witch still leaves me 2 gears sets from top tear

still no way for individual progression no real way for the solo player to gear i did every thing i possibly for the last 6 weeks and i was only able to get 2 pieces with elite now i could start all over and spent the next 6 months gearing out in 72's witch still leaves me 2 gears sets from top tear

well only reason to need high end gear is to run high end ops. if not running ops, dont need the gear.

how hard of a concept is that. You can pretty much face roll everything in 69s. 72's for HM ops which drops 75s to be used for NIM ops.

if not doing HM OPS or NIM OPS 69 is the highest gear you need. if you WANT that gear, run ops.

or gind out lower ops/dailies and buy the armor, hilts/barrels, mods, enhancements, and augments.

well only reason to need high end gear is to run high end ops. if not running ops, dont need the gear.

how hard of a concept is that. You can pretty much face roll everything in 69s. 72's for HM ops which drops 75s to be used for NIM ops.

if not doing HM OPS or NIM OPS 69 is the highest gear you need. if you WANT that gear, run ops.

or gind out lower ops/dailies and buy the armor, hilts/barrels, mods, enhancements, and augments.

I don't think you'll be able to get this point across to him.

Arenas are not that cool without balance.

I am the gear and looks guy so the lack of variety of the new PvP/PvE gear is really putting me off! 3 same sets per class. Why not make one hood up, the other down, and maybe even something different on the third?

Broken item preview and rep items missing.

So far I've played the Oricon and tried the first new Operation, The Dread Fortress. They were both good things, but the new gear system hasn't been thought clearly.

You can buy 78 gear now with ultimate commendations? Bad approach. Many players, including me, spent a lot of time and effort to get full 72 gear. And now you can get even better gear than 75 with ultimate commendations, which are, at least in my opinion, easier to get than playing Nightmare Mode Operations. Why would anyone want to play Nightmare operations anymore, since the only reward from there is not the best possible gear you can get?

How can you get ultimate commendations? All the old ways, like doing 3 level 55 hard mode flashpoints, clearing the weekly operations in story mode and from any 16 man story mode operations (disregard the classic story mode Operations). This eats the worth of playing Hard Mode operations.

BioWare should have developed a whole new commendation for 78 gear. When 2.0 came out, all players had to start from scratch to get the best possible gear. Now many players can get 78 far too easily. But now developing a total new commendation for 78 gear is too late.

How to fix this? There is no clear answer. One idea, which is only a partial fix is this: remove 75 gear from game and make 78 gear a reward in Terror From Beyond and Scum & Villainy Nightmare operations.

BioWare, shame on you!

Tottally Agree!!!

i wont even start on the thing in the game pl wont but don't need

progression is progression and to only have one way to progress is detrimental to the games base

I certainly would like to see an appropriate commendation paired to a gear level, I would also want to be rid of the gear drop factor as well from doing whatever mission you do. I prefer to do my HD whatver get my commendations, no random drops that somebody else will get anyway, and with what I "earned" buy what I specifically want at the proper vendor. In CoH (RIP) after a raid, you had a choice in receiving a bunch of credits or a random drop, seems the same could be done with ops and what not so instead of a player geting it and the rest left with nothing as they progress that they all get commendations as a drop instead and none else, or a choice be given, big boss along the way is defeated a random drop will occur and all players roll for it: You choose to have a chance for a roll for something random, or you get a number of commendations and do not participate in the roll.

I support a commendation trade program for both of and down, despite that some may complain that ultimate commendations could be eventually acquired through trading planetary commendations, while true, if you want to trade one million planetary commendations for an ultimate commendation, more power to you, it would seem to me to be more practical to do the insane HD mission instead. One reason I support trading "up" is so when I do join an "upper" group I can be less "under-geared" and be more of a mission asset than a liability.

I played for an hour last night and an hour this morning. Didn't see much difference, but I'm currently leveling through Dromund Kaas...

I certainly would like to see an appropriate commendation paired to a gear level, I would also want to be rid of the gear drop factor as well from doing whatever mission you do. I prefer to do my HD whatver get my commendations, no random drops that somebody else will get anyway, and with what I "earned" buy what I specifically want at the proper vendor. In CoH (RIP) after a raid, you had a choice in receiving a bunch of credits or a random drop, seems the same could be done with ops and what not so instead of a player geting it and the rest left with nothing as they progress that they all get commendations as a drop instead and none else, or a choice be given, big boss along the way is defeated a random drop will occur and all players roll for it: You choose to have a chance for a roll for something random, or you get a number of commendations and do not participate in the roll.

I support a commendation trade program for both of and down, despite that some may complain that ultimate commendations could be eventually acquired through trading planetary commendations, while true, if you want to trade one million planetary commendations for an ultimate commendation, more power to you, it would seem to me to be more practical to do the insane HD mission instead. One reason I support trading "up" is so when I do join an "upper" group I can be less "under-geared" and be more of a mission asset than a liability.

this is a good idea. but wont be supported end game player now the type of pl there raiding with .the second there is a way to be better geared on your own you will be expected to do it. if you wont a raid spot that will kill the 2 night a week raiders

Not too thrilled yet. Fix the bugs that have been reported before 2.4 and fix the countless bugs introduced by 2.4, then I can see potential.

Disappointed that the new speeders from the latest pack didn't get fixed (not game breaking but annoying all the same). Dev tracker shows they were aware of the issue and knew what the problem was. It's only 4 mounts that need to have "Improved Speeder Piloting 1 and 2" permissions added.

Then there's the issue with the new launcher causing a lot of people problems. Simple fix there too. Revert to the old launcher via update. Luckily, I haven't experienced this problem, but I still have the old launcher.

As far as the Arenas go, I think they are a great addition and more to what I feel is true PVP, but(and I mean BUT) they are not for everyone. The devs should have listened to the reasoning behind the pleas of pvp'ers for having separate ques. The que times may have been reduced, but at what cost? When people leave the que when they load into an arena, it's not good for anyone. Now, I don't think there should be any penalty/debuff for leaving the que as some people have suggested. I tend to leave que myself when it is Huttball. At the very least, set it up so when the que timer pops up, it indicates what war zone it's for. That way, you can decide not to join and the system won't think to que is full and start out the war zone with a 2or3 vs 4.

Then theres the ONE BIG problem that has hurt population and it's been around since launch. The proplem is by default the game loads with a refresh rate of 70Hzs (that might be due to EA being more attuned to dealing with consul games). Most PC games automatically adjust screen ratios and refresh rates based on system capabilities, but for whatever reason, SWTOR has a hard default for those settings. Unfortunately, the average LCD monitors on todays market (and including most LED monitors) are only rated for 60Hzs. When you hit play and the game starts to load, OOOOPS, out of range error and flashing screen(NO Display). I wonder how many potential subs were lost early on and how many others are continuing to be lost due to an issue that could so easily be fixed. All Bioware/EA has to do is set the default refresh rate to 60Hzs then the game will work for nearly everyone and each individual can adjust the refresh rate to their hearts content.

now that iv played the new daily's as DPS/TANK/HEALS i have to say this is the first batch of daily's that are geared for DPS with a healing comp

when a healer runs with a DPS comp its rough and as a tank with healing comp iv noticed the comp wont move back up to heal after a push back

and a big comp bug if you run from a fight and call your comp he wont come and you need to pull out a new one then pull out the one you had

Welcome to grinding.