Maxing DPS.

HeyImTempzz

How do I maximize my DPS as a marauder. I seem to die insanely fast in WZ's atm and I'm not sure why. It seems as though by the time I have my smash stacks full that I'm so low in HP that my smash isn't doing enough damage to put me ahead.

At the moment my "Ideal" rotation would be:

Charge > Bat. Assault > Force Crush > Force Scream > Vicious Slash > Smash > Force Choke.

I have no idea if this is optimum but I'm guessing it is not. Any help would be appreciated, although I would understand people un-eagerness to put another smash marauder in their WZ's

Thanks.

How do I maximize my DPS as a marauder. I seem to die insanely fast in WZ's atm and I'm not sure why. It seems as though by the time I have my smash stacks full that I'm so low in HP that my smash isn't doing enough damage to put me ahead.

At the moment my "Ideal" rotation would be:

Charge > Bat. Assault > Force Crush > Force Scream > Vicious Slash > Smash > Force Choke.

I have no idea if this is optimum but I'm guessing it is not. Any help would be appreciated, although I would understand people un-eagerness to put another smash marauder in their WZ's

Thanks.

Build your fury and hold it until you see 5 morons dumb enough to stand together then go berserk, force charge, smash.

Anything else you do as a smashmokey is irrelevant because that is going to be 85% of your damage.

If the enemies arent stupid, just smash the healer and ideally try to hit smash when others are close to him.

If you seriously want to be a better marauder, use carnage. It requires more practice to play well, but a good carnage mara can shred anybody at lightning speed.

Well I have been carnage for ages, but the damage I am doing just does not seem competitive unless I am in Huttball then I go top of everything.

EDIT: Plus I can't see carnage being so good in anrena no?

I lol'd. Damage doesn't seem competitive? What are you not using gore? You using scream outside of the auto crit proc? lmao.

Hey wants to max DPS, not be a better marauder. Max DPS is Smash.

Smash is only max dps if 5 idiots huddle up and let you smash them many times. Also the combined guaranteed burst of 5 smashers hitting together is devastating, but 2-3 good carnage maras can do the same damage to a single target in that time.... so which is higher dps? Carnage obviously, unless you are solo bashing noobs or in a smash mob that can synchronize smashes.

Also keep in mind a smash from carnage mara can hit pretty hard with gore up too :-)

For smasher stats, stack surge til 90% crit multiplier then put the rest in power. You can even get up to 95% crit multiplier but then you are actually breaking even on smash crit output and losing on everything else.

For carnage, setups vary. You do get a guaranteed crit force scream proc so puttting in some surge is good maybe 5-7 augments, but since you have other strong moves that are not guaranteed crit (smashers really don't), you want to stack power and strength.

Some good carnage maras go straight power and surge, but i feel the extra few % crit from strength instead of power balances out the few points of bonus damage you are trading by not going straight power. The return on crit % via strength is on a sharp curve, obviously, so don't stack 14 strength augs or something silly like that :-)

Tomorrow the arenas will be starting and only idiots will still run smash. I will enjoy farming them like i already do in 8v8s though, since i usually run with at least half a good team that doesnt let smashers demolish everyone.

For smasher stats, stack surge til 90% crit multiplier then put the rest in power. You can even get up to 95% crit multiplier but then you are actually breaking even on smash crit output and losing on everything else.

For carnage, setups vary. You do get a guaranteed crit force scream proc so puttting in some surge is good maybe 5-7 augments, but since you have other strong moves that are not guaranteed crit (smashers really don't), you want to stack power and strength.

Some good carnage maras go straight power and surge, but i feel the extra few % crit from strength instead of power balances out the few points of bonus damage you are trading by not going straight power. The return on crit % via strength is on a sharp curve, obviously, so don't stack 14 strength augs or something silly like that :-)

Wuh? :confused: Hermm, yes, yes you should stack 14 strength augments. No doubt. BRING ME YOUR MATH OR FALL BENEATH MY CAPS LOCK.

I'm going to use Sentinel terms because those are the ones I am more familiar with. I personally go:

Leap > Force Exhaustion > Master Strike if it's up or * if not > Sweep > Blade Storm > Slash > blah blah

* includes Slash, Crippling Throw, Leg Slash, Pacify or any other filler/utility ability that needs to be done

That's if I don't use my Valorous Call for Transcendence at the beginning of the match (gotta love those Combat Sents)

You should also have Cloak of Pain up almost always and with the set bonus you should be able to use Undying Rage quite often so do it. Follow it with a medpack and don't forget to use adrenals when your other defensives are down. It took me a while to get used to my Sentinel after playing mostly ranged and healers but I'm getting more used to it every time I play.

Yet that was the same as in 8v8.... Carnage could not compete then. I assume that nothings changed come 2.4 to make it better in ranked.

And carnage is very good arenas. For sure. Massive DPS, quite mobile, lots of utility, fantastic (not on demand :( ) burst.

Wuh? :confused: Hermm, yes, yes you should stack 14 strength augments. No doubt. BRING ME YOUR MATH OR FALL BENEATH MY CAPS LOCK.

You must be joking :-p

But in case you aren't.

14 strength augments, you end up with a little extra bonus damage but only 58-60% crit multiplier? I will take the 12-14% more crit multipler from 7 or so surge augs.

Guess it could work if you mixed str and power with no surge augs, but i kinda like that consistently high burst from force scream crit proc when im tearing through a guarded healer (and his guard). I would end up picking up more surge on mods and enhancements than i currently do, so it probably works out similarly in the end.

I tested the numbers after they added mk-9 augs aand worked out what was best for me. I have seen some good players running entirely different setups though.

You must be joking :-p

But in case you aren't.

14 strength augments, you end up with a little extra bonus damage but only 58-60% crit multiplier? I will take the 12-14% more crit multipler from 7 or so surge augs.

Guess it could work if you mixed str and power with no surge augs, but i kinda like that consistently high burst from force scream crit proc when im tearing through a guarded healer (and his guard). I would end up picking up more surge on mods and enhancements than i currently do, so it probably works out similarly in the end.

I tested the numbers after they added mk-9 augs aand worked out what was best for me. I have seen some good players running entirely different setups though.

You're using surge augments? Get out of this thread right now. Scram.

Why would anyone use surge augs? You can easily hit surge DR just from whats in your gear, without augs at all.

I typed that from work on my phone and didn't look at my actual gear =) Got home, logged in and looked at my gear, and you were right. I'm running a bunch of power augments and some strength augments.