So a lightsaber drops in an instance...

MrSarcastic

Commando: *need & wins the item*

Me (Sentinel): "Umm, why did you click need on that? You can't even use it. That is an upgrade for me."

Commando: "but i need it to sell for money!!!1!11!one"

If you're not supposed to use it, you shouldn't be allowed to need roll on it.

So a lightsaber drops in an instance and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? :p

This is one reason I want to see the Need/Greed dialog gone. Just automate the stinking thing and get it out of my face.

It's really simple, "Can you use <item>? Y/N" if Y then Need, else Greed.

I don't understand why there is such resistance every time I bring this up. And I bring it up in every thread I see where someone gripes about an loser rolling Need when they should have rolled Greed.

Edited by ColonelKer-Nal

This is one reason I want to see the Need/Greed dialog gone. Just automate the stinking thing and get it out of my face.

It's really simple, "Can you use <item>? Y/N" if Y then Need, else Greed.

I don't understand why there is such resistance every time I bring this up. And I bring it up in every thread I see where someone gripes about an loser rolling Need when they should have rolled Greed.

It's mostly just d-bags/little kids who think "every item is theirs". Can be easily fixed.

Probably because some people don't feel a need to give someone an advantage on a roll, just because they can use the drop. Not that I agree, but I can see how it's more fair.

Probably because some people don't feel a need to give someone an advantage on a roll, just because they can use the drop. Not that I agree, but I can see how it's more fair.

How do people not think that someone who would benefit from the item should receive it over someone wanting it just to sell to a vendor? It's common sense.

Stick him on ignore and move on. This is the fault of the LFD tool that taught people that they could be utter a-holes with no consequenses whatsoever.

Just use ignore and encourage the others in your group to do the same. In time, they will learn to behave again.

Stick him on ignore and move on. This is the fault of the LFD tool that taught people that they could be utter a-holes with no consequenses whatsoever.

Just use ignore and encourage the others in your group to do the same. In time, they will learn to behave again.

I guess. But that won't fix the problem.

How do people not think that someone who would benefit from the item should receive it over someone wanting it just to sell to a vendor? It's common sense.

Acting as devil's advocate here, what makes a person who can use a drop more entitled to it? It's just a random drop. Letting everyone roll on it is the fairest way to handle who gets it. It's worth something to everyone in the group. That's just common sense.

Edited by imtrick

Me (Sentinel): "Umm, why did you click need on that? You can't even use it. That is an upgrade for me."

Did you discuss loot rules before heading into the mission? If not, then he has a valid reason for needing it.

If he agreed to loot rules, then broke them, you'd have a case to report him for scamming(I know this ended up being the case in WoW, not sure Bioware's stance on it).

There's a worse scenario when people roll need for their companions. Those people are just plain rediculous.

HEAVY ARMOR CHEST? YEP. NEED FOR COMPANION.

LIGHTSABER? YEP. NEED FOR COMPANION.

MEDIUM ARMOR HEAD? YEP. COMPANION NEEDS IT GUYS.

It was definitely lame when he snitched 2 pieces from our BH.

Acting as devil's advocate here, what makes a person who can use a drop more entitled to it? It's just a random drop. Letting everyone roll on it is the fairest way to handle who gets it. It's worth something to everyone in the group. That's just common sense.

I kinda like the old MMO way, round the robin and the looter can decide if he want it give / sell it to another player.

Simple solution: kick the ninja and put him on your ignore list. See, that is the big advantage of not having a LFD tool. Such people won't be getting in groups for long.

Not exctly.

What needs to be doing is the looting system needs to be changed. Why should a spec of class that cannot use the item or its not for them Need it? World of Warcraft changed this to where you cannot Need so yeah this is something that should be fixed

There's a worse scenario when people roll need for their companions. Those people are just plain rediculous.

HEAVY ARMOR CHEST? YEP. NEED FOR COMPANION.

LIGHTSABER? YEP. NEED FOR COMPANION.

MEDIUM ARMOR HEAD? YEP. COMPANION NEEDS IT GUYS.

It was definitely lame when he snitched 2 pieces from our BH.

And what makes you think you entitle more to the item when he do need it too? Maybe he ran the instance for the 100th time just to get that single piece to upgrade his companion so he can carry on with his questing?

This is why you join a guild. If you absolutely must play with a PUG make sure everyone is clear on the rules before starting. It's not rocket science.

Not exctly.

What needs to be doing is the looting system needs to be changed. Why should a spec of class that cannot use the item or its not for them Need it? World of Warcraft changed this to where you cannot Need so yeah this is something that should be fixed

Yupp.

I personally don't care either way, but having the Need/Greed dialog is just an invitation for griefing, or an additional PitA that adds nothing to the game among friends.

Either the Need/Greed choice should be automated, or everyone should roll on the same table. I don't care which, but get that useless dialog box off my screen.

I personally don't care either way, but having the Need/Greed dialog is just an invitation for griefing, or an additional PitA that adds nothing to the game among friends.

Either the Need/Greed choice should be automated, or everyone should roll on the same table. I don't care which, but get that useless dialog box off my screen.

This! I dunno why ppl defend the NBG loot system when it is clearly flawed. BW should just go with the loot bag system instead. Everybody is happy and no ninja **** drama.

People run instances for gear upgrade not potential auction house sales. If a piece of gear drops that is definitely an upgrade over what you have, then it makes sense that you Need the item.

If a gear piece drops that you cannot use in any way shape of form, you roll greed on it knowing that if anyone rolls Need they'll win it over you.

Again, no one runs instances for auction house sales. People run instances for gear progression. Taking a potential upgrade from someone based on a AH sale is wrong.

If a player doesn't think that it is wrong, ask that player to send out message in their servers general channel stating that they need to run X named flashpoint and they are running it only for auction house sales.

See how quickly that person will get picked up for a group.

common sense should tell you, with a thought-process like this you won't make friends in an MMO:rolleyes: