So... anyone think we know who the Dread Masters really are? *spoilers*

owenstm

When we finally defeat them in an Operation, anyone else think when we unmask them it will be some crazy reveal? We know they are Human, and they have lived beyond their lifespan. What if when we take off the mask they are someone like Bastila, Kreya, Nihilus, Darth Malak, Jolee, or even Exar Kun?

It just seems to be so out of character for Bioware to keep them masked and shrouded in mystery for this entire time and not have any big twist like this.

I haven't done the operation where you kill Styrak yet, though, and from what I have heard you don't learn anything after you beat him... so maybe they are just unknown humans XY and Z.

No.

Mostly because of all those you've named... we know what happened to them... and of those we could name... we likely know what happened to them as well already.

The Dread Masters... will likely, simply be the Dread Masters and nothing more.

Edited by RatPoison

If you read the lore, the Dread Masters are "six powerful human Sith Lords who served the Sith Emperor for centuries as prophets, generals and advisors. "

Essentially, they've been around longer than most, if not all current characters in this time era. (Minus the Emperor, of course.)

They decimated the Republic during the Great Galactic War, and was eventually captured by a Republic special forces team led by a Jedi, and was imprisoned in Section X. If any of them were heroes of the Republic, you would think the Republic/Jedi Order would try to turn them back to the light side. But, instead they were imprisoned, and later released by the Empire during the attack on Belsavis.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dread_Masters

Edited by Kneecoalwoody
Added source.

When we finally defeat them in an Operation, anyone else think when we unmask them it will be some crazy reveal? We know they are Human, and they have lived beyond their lifespan. What if when we take off the mask they are someone like Bastila, Kreya, Nihilus, Darth Malak, Jolee, or even Exar Kun?

It just seems to be so out of character for Bioware to keep them masked and shrouded in mystery for this entire time and not have any big twist like this.

I haven't done the operation where you kill Styrak yet, though, and from what I have heard you don't learn anything after you beat him... so maybe they are just unknown humans XY and Z.

It would actually be cool, if it was somebody famous under the masks. Not necessarily the ones you named, but others. Just having them be random mysterious figures isn't that exciting.

I'll bet when we take off the masks of the Dread Masters it will just be Mr Blys from Czerka trying to scare us away from Tattooine so he can recover the artifact they left there.

Well, he would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for us meddling kids.

Quarians anyone?

I sort of hope they aren't anyone we know. The Dread Masters have had zero character moments so it would be sad if it turns out someone like Bindo or Kreia has such a weak finale. They deserve better. Edited by Excise

Bastila, Kreya, Nihilus, Darth Malak, Jolee, or even Exar Kun?

No. I wouldn't assume any of the names mentioned could be the Dread Masters. Would it be interesting? Not really, Not jaw dropping either leaning more towards nonsense than anything else. These characters are dead and gone. Considering the time in which SWTOR is set, will have been dead for quite some time now. Ghosts of the past at best.

Nothing out of character in BW's representation of them. They are meant to be dark and mysterious on a larger scale. Nothing tells a villains tale better than one you know of, yet know next to nothing about them. Same can be said about fighting an evil you know next to nothing about. Star Wars in general is very good for doing things like that.

Edited by Aizen

one thing to consider is that the raid content isn't supposed to have a huge rich story. due the the nature of it, not everyone will see it, and those who do see it, not everyone will be intrested in it, finally a raid really isn't the case where they can add in any dialogue choices. so no I don't expect to see anything major about the DMs identities.

I think what we can expect is a revelation about their plans

I'll bet when we take off the masks of the Dread Masters it will just be Mr Blys from Czerka trying to scare us away from Tattooine so he can recover the artifact they left there.

Well, he would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for us meddling kids.

I lol'd.

It would be cool if there were some surprises, but as was said it doesn't fit lore. Besides... the Dread Masters don't strike me as the type of people that need subterfuge. We don't have to worry about Dread Masters being among us... because if they were, we would know about it.

I admit, I have very high hopes for Oricon. BioWare is known for having villains who are as in-depth of characters as the heroes, so assuming this is the end of their arc, I hope BioWare has them go out with a bang, and establishes them more as characters and less as the Saturday morning cartoon villains with the Evil Plan of the Week.