Tanking Shadow Companion (spoilers)

Volp

Whats the best companion to keep out when soloing as a tank specced Shadow? I've got tharan, and his healing seems like a natural match.

BUT....is he really the best for fast soloing? Seems like bringing a healer is actually slower than just having DPS qyzen. But I'm really not sure. I also realize I'll get other companions later.

What do you guys use? Is tharan the way to go? Is there better coming?

Depends on what you're doing. If you're just doing normal quests, you're probably safe with Qyzen, as things will die a lot faster. Personally, as a tank, I stick with Tharan, just because Qyzen is a pain to please as far as dialogue options go. This way, I can pull large pack of mobs and never worry about dying. Worst comes to worst, pop Deflection or Force Cloak.

Also, I'm tired as hell of Qyzen's weird gutterspeak. I prefer hanging out with a Scoundrel. :p

Edited by PaintOnASign

Yea I've been playing alot with Tharan and I like it. Not to mention you don't have to wait an hour for him to start doing something (what does qyzen do when hes hanging out thinking about joining the fight? preparing some strategy?)

Are any of the other companions later of use to a shadow tank?

I have to say that I absolutely hate Tharan. He's rather annoying when playing as a light sided Jedi *SPOILER* like when I said I wouldn't give the information the baddies got about the Kiliki on Alderaan when they tortured them to the Organa science officer I _lost_ 41 points of affection with him *SPOILER*. And though at first his "stun" (you know, his virtual girlfriend) was amusing but it is kinda immersion-breaking when you see some animals get all dizzy because they see a hologram dancing ... srsly? :rolleyes:

I have to say that I absolutely hate Tharan. He's rather annoying when playing as a light sided Jedi

*SPOILER* like when I said I wouldn't give the information the baddies got about the Kiliki on Alderaan when they tortured them to the Organa science officer I _lost_ 41 points of affection with him *SPOILER*.

And though at first his "stun" (you know, his virtual girlfriend) was amusing but it is kinda immersion-breaking when you see some animals get all dizzy because they see a hologram dancing ... srsly? :rolleyes:

His hologram stun is hilarius! Love it love it love it.

I use Tharan simply cause with him I can just jump right from one battle into the next. Sure qyzen will make the battle over faster but you almost always have to meditate after every encounter. So constant battle or lots of meditation is where the choice raises for me, both are perfectly fine options. Edited by Machiniman

I hate Tharan's guts. he's whiney, and I hope he dies of a plague or something, not to mention I am already sick of him hitting on me. Rather like Qyzen, he's easy to appease, and only gets fussy when you help the helpless, otherwise if you talk charging or acting all heroic he gets up points fast. On the other hand, Tharan hates anything that isn't sucking up or talking of being a coward, and I hate him even more for that.

Personally, if it wasn't for the fact that Qyzen and Zenith both gave bonuses to my specific gathering skills, I would probably have one of them out instead of Tharan, but until I get my next companion I am stuck with that useless whiner. Can't even stand his whining when I am doing space missions.

Tharan also hates Force Persuade. And considering I've used it a few times to save lives, including someone that tried to commit suicide, the fact he gets all pissy about that annoys me to death.

Edited by Silverspar