Is My DPS Bad?

CharleyDanger

P.S. Recently added flashpoints are known to be a bit challenging and you should not use them to determine if you are geared for HM FP at level 55. Some of these fights require everyone to be highly involved and can easily punish any slacking off.
HM Core Meltdown, maybe, but HM Corporate Labs is like free comms.

Personally I don't care what gear people are in, if 1) they now their class and spec, 2) the know the fights or tell me up front they don't and then are able to follow directions. Now if we are going into NIM TfB or NIM S&V, then I want you skilled, plus geared, but we are only talking about a HMFP. I still don't even know if there is a enrage on these things, everything dies fast even in pugs. Only death I even seen was on Meltdown and that was because the healer was drunk. ;) I didn't tell you I usually play a sawbones did I?

HM Core Meltdown, maybe, but HM Corporate Labs is like free comms.

Personally I don't care what gear people are in, if 1) they now their class and spec, 2) the know the fights or tell me up front they don't and then are able to follow directions. Now if we are going into NIM TfB or NIM S&V, then I want you skilled, plus geared, but we are only talking about a HMFP. I still don't even know if there is a enrage on these things, everything dies fast even in pugs. Only death I even seen was on Meltdown and that was because the healer was drunk. ;) I didn't tell you I usually play a sawbones did I?

There is an enrage on every boss in a fp, besides one or two which have soft enrages. Such as the last boss in Hammerstation, his enrage is to use his channeled ability and its aoe is increased. I've been in quite a few groups where bonus bosses enrage due to poor dps gear and or skill.

But, I am along your lines. If they're upfront with not knowing the fights etc I enjoy teaching them how to do it and tips / tricks I know. It's when they don't say that or don't listen that gets under my skin.

There is an enrage on every boss in a fp, besides one or two which have soft enrages. Such as the last boss in Hammerstation, his enrage is to use his channeled ability and its aoe is increased. I've been in quite a few groups where bonus bosses enrage due to poor dps gear and or skill.

Yeah, know there are some in HM 55 FPs and even seen them when HM 55 FPs came out and everyone was runnning around in DG or less gear doing them. I was talking more about Meltdown and Labs, never seen any enrage on them. I suspect they are there, but the instances are not tight at all. I have been in some slow groups when I was doing 700+ dps on my sawbones because they were taking forever, but we have never hit enrage.

Yeah, know there are some in HM 55 FPs and even seen them when HM 55 FPs came out and everyone was runnning around in DG or less gear doing them. I was talking more about Meltdown and Labs, never seen any enrage on them. I suspect they are there, but the instances are not tight at all. I have been in some slow groups when I was doing 700+ dps on my sawbones because they were taking forever, but we have never hit enrage.

The most likely boss i've found that groups will hit enrage on is the bot in labs. But I know he has enrage, the guy after him has enrage...I just assume all the rest have a form of enrage. I'm pretty sure the sandstorm boss has one as well.

I agree they're not tight, but look at how LI was, that was an easy FP and people hated it. In fact that is the only FP I still enjoy. I wish they would add 4 man raids. Basically longer harder (must...not...giggle....) fps that give proper loot. Perhaps a 1 week lock out as well. Or maybe able to do it twice? I don't know....I'd love to see them make 4 man versions of every OP and just make it like LI was, random piece of Ark for SM, etc on the final boss, where the filler bosses drop the off brand set.

But that is another thread entirely...

Your post was neither simple nor accurate. You told him to get gear he already has and then accuse him of expecting people to carry him. You didn't have to assume anything, you could have simply gone with what he said and provide an actually helpful answer. Instead you chose to be accusatory and derisive.

But please, go on and continue being a productive member of the community. I'm sure we all look forward to your next insightful post.

If you dont want the answer dont ask the question. Obviousy i was explaining what is required to do hardmodes and obviously if hes hitting enrage hes being carried. Most groups boot ppl that cant pull their ownsweight and with that dps he wasnt. Logical assumption. He said he had 66s but never said what color its hardly derisive i cant help it if ppl get their panties in a bunch over an honest answer

If you dont want the answer dont ask the question. Obviousy i was explaining what is required to do hardmodes and obviously if hes hitting enrage hes being carried. Most groups boot ppl that cant pull their ownsweight and with that dps he wasnt. Logical assumption. He said he had 66s but never said what color its hardly derisive i cant help it if ppl get their panties in a bunch over an honest answer

What your response exemplifies is more like "if you don't want idiots to answer with baseless assumptions and uncalled for accusations then don't ask a question on a gaming forum", to which I'd agree. But I don't think that was quite the point you were trying to make.

And your "logical assumptions" are anything but.

Reading throught his thread, it has been de-railed quite a bit by the fool assuming the OP was in blue's while running endgame content.

It has been said once before int he threa but should be re-stated. Running a smash spec Jugg in endgame is rather pointless. This is an AoE spec and will always do sub-par DPS against a boss. The DoT's on the boss will keep ticking away any time you need to get away from the boss and the free executes will also help immensely.

SM TfB/S&V can be cleared in 61/63s.... HM 55 FPs are completely doable in BLUE 66s, which are actually below purple 63s. The OP is not undergeared for HM FPs.

That said, 1600 dps is "low" compared to what other better-geared 55s will be pushing, HOWEVER, in your gear, that's doing OK. You should be fine for HM FPs, and I wouldn't beat yourself up over it.

What your response exemplifies is more like "if you don't want idiots to answer with baseless assumptions and uncalled for accusations then don't ask a question on a gaming forum", to which I'd agree. But I don't think that was quite the point you were trying to make.

And your "logical assumptions" are anything but.

Question : is my dps bad

Answer: yes

Hardly an assumption or baseless. Its called a direct answer. When you dont provide enough information assumptions have to be made

Question : is my dps bad

Answer: yes

Your answer was not "yes", so don't backpedal and act like your response was an innocently simple response.

Hardly an assumption

...assumptions have to be made

Does not compute. Either you made an assumption or you didn't.

And yes, it was baseless because what you assumed (you do admit to making assumptions) were wrong. They were also predictably wrong, which is evidenced by you being the only one to assume in that direction and the evidence pointing to the contrary.

Your answer was not "yes", so don't backpedal and act like your response was an innocently simple response.

Does not compute. Either you made an assumption or you didn't.

And yes, it was baseless because what you assumed (you do admit to making assumptions) were wrong. They were also predictably wrong, which is evidenced by you being the only one to assume in that direction and the evidence pointing to the contrary.

If you dont compute thats your problem. I said yes in so many words first post. Second post was flat out yes. I guess simple answers are byond you

Ive had peope booted that couldnt cut it and hit the enrage timer. Ive been one of those peope. I mad? No because i shouldnt be doing instances if i cant beat the enrage

Edited by mmjarec
Djjd

If you dont compute thats your problem. I said yes in so many words first post. Second post was flat out yes. I guess simple answers are byond you

Ive had peope booted that couldnt cut it and hit the enrage timer. Ive been one of those peope. I mad? No because i shouldnt be doing instances if i cant beat the enrage

Again, the title of the thread "Is my DPS bad?" is rhetorical. Rhetorical means that it only serves a purpose. Its like saying "its cold out side isn't it?" Clearly both parties know its cold out side. The purpose is to start a conversation. The information in thread clearly states that I know my DPS was sub par, and that I would like feedback on how to improve it. You are the ONLY one that missed the point of the entire thread lol. /slowclap

Again, the title of the thread "Is my DPS bad?" is rhetorical. Rhetorical means that it only serves a purpose. Its like saying "its cold out side isn't it?" Clearly both parties know its cold out side. The purpose is to start a conversation. The information in thread clearly states that I know my DPS was sub par, and that I would like feedback on how to improve it. You are the ONLY one that missed the point of the entire thread lol. /slowclap

Seeing how its the interwebs maybee you should be more transparent on your subject then. Not only did you not include your gear color now you are saying im supposed to read your rhetorical question for something other than tje way it sounds you could have just said you need help with your dps

If you want to improve your dps, spec to vengeance, run all power, get accuracy to 99.51 / 100. Upgrade your hilt and offhand armouring first and foremost. You probably want power click and a dps proc relic...not sure for jugs...you'll have to see for yourself.

To further increase your damage you'll want to roll a sniper or marauder.

Seeing how its the interwebs maybee you should be more transparent on your subject then. Not only did you not include your gear color now you are saying im supposed to read your rhetorical question for something other than tje way it sounds you could have just said you need help with your dps

You are right... this is the internet..... What in the hell was I thinking asking a rhetorical question. I clearly over estimated the intelligence and reading comprehension of everyone here...

Wait.... you are the ONLY one who did not understand lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.